Yikes: Bomb threat at CNN headquarters
November 5, 2012
As CNN readies to report on the biggest news story of the year, tomorrow’s election, it’s also dealing with a bit of news that hit close to home.
Friday morning the CNN Center in Atlanta received a bomb threat that prompted police to close down the roads to the CNN Center as well as the Omni Hotel, which is next door.
Police conducted a floor-by-floor search for explosive devices at the CNN building in the early-morning hours on Friday following the 4 a.m. phone call.
The caller claimed that he had put a bomb somewhere on the CNN campus. He said he would not detonate if he was given $15,000 and an airline ticket.
Police did not find any evidence of a bomb and reopened the areas by 5:30 that morning.
Authorities continue to investigate the matter, with no suspect yet named in the case. Police did tell the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the caller sounded “depressed” and said the federal government wanted him in a separate incident.
Weekend TV: The zombies wrap up their fall run
Another magazine bids farewell to print: Complex
Coming soon from Hearst, Pioneer Woman magazine
New from Google: New York’s holiday windows
Solid but not spectacular numbers for ‘Hairspray’
New from Facebook, a tool testing for fake news
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Cable overnights: Big decline for Leah Remini show
Yet another suitor lines up for Time Inc.
What’s hot and what’s not in syndication this fall
Struggling Pandora unveils its challenge to Spotify
It’s here: Media Life’s Hispanic Premium Newsletter
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
- ABC ad sales president Geri Wang retiring
- Lydia Polgreen becomes editor at The Huffington Post
- Laura Henderson becomes SVP of marketing at BuzzFeed
- Erin McPherson becomes head of content strategy at Verizon
- Josephine Livingstone becomes culture writer at The New Republic
- Jessica Lichtenfeld becomes associate consultant at Coleman Insights
- Julie Ginches and Glenn Kiladis join ViralGains
- Stephan Horbelt becomes executive editor at Hornet
- Tony Rock hosting TV One's 'The Game of Dating'
- New York Times Vietnam guide Nguyen Ngoc Luong dies at 79
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Luxury media sales in Chicago
Public relations account supervisor in Atlanta
SEO and SEM manager opening in Pittsburgh
Media supervisor opening in New York
Media buyer/planner position in Madison, WI