Yikes: Bomb threat at CNN headquarters
November 5, 2012
As CNN readies to report on the biggest news story of the year, tomorrow’s election, it’s also dealing with a bit of news that hit close to home.
Friday morning the CNN Center in Atlanta received a bomb threat that prompted police to close down the roads to the CNN Center as well as the Omni Hotel, which is next door.
Police conducted a floor-by-floor search for explosive devices at the CNN building in the early-morning hours on Friday following the 4 a.m. phone call.
The caller claimed that he had put a bomb somewhere on the CNN campus. He said he would not detonate if he was given $15,000 and an airline ticket.
Police did not find any evidence of a bomb and reopened the areas by 5:30 that morning.
Authorities continue to investigate the matter, with no suspect yet named in the case. Police did tell the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the caller sounded “depressed” and said the federal government wanted him in a separate incident.
Drama lineup leads ABC to first on Thursday
Media buyers’ picks: What’s hot (and not) in digital radio
Best of the week: Trump Trump Trump Trump
After months, that Vermont paper finds its owner
Rachel, I love my new boss but he sure tells whoppers
The coming breakup of Clear Channel Outdoor
Weekend TV: CBS previews ‘The Good Fight’
Fox: Sorry about that fake news promoting our movie
New FCC chair: Let’s get those FM chips activated
Study: Millennials the worst-behaved drivers
Kids in Australia use more internet than TV
‘Doubt’ lags behind in Wednesday night debut
Yet more signs that ad blocking may be easing
- Mark Hunter becomes ECD at the community
- Phil Rehkemper becomes CFO at Freeman
- Ryan Alford becomes director of business development at DOM360
- Alex Aufmann becomes marketing director at AIM
- Paul Cox becomes legal editor at Bloomberg
- Ylan Q. Mui becomes economic reporter at CNBC
- Michelle Hagen becomes SVP of retail and NBCU Brand Development
- Larry Jones becomes CEO at Blackthorn Media
- Aarón Sánchez joins Fox's 'MasterChef'
- Mark Jones signs new multiyear deal at ESPN
- Genevieve Angelson joins NBC pilot 'Happy Peppers'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York