Yikes: Bomb threat at CNN headquarters
November 5, 2012
As CNN readies to report on the biggest news story of the year, tomorrow’s election, it’s also dealing with a bit of news that hit close to home.
Friday morning the CNN Center in Atlanta received a bomb threat that prompted police to close down the roads to the CNN Center as well as the Omni Hotel, which is next door.
Police conducted a floor-by-floor search for explosive devices at the CNN building in the early-morning hours on Friday following the 4 a.m. phone call.
The caller claimed that he had put a bomb somewhere on the CNN campus. He said he would not detonate if he was given $15,000 and an airline ticket.
Police did not find any evidence of a bomb and reopened the areas by 5:30 that morning.
Authorities continue to investigate the matter, with no suspect yet named in the case. Police did tell the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the caller sounded “depressed” and said the federal government wanted him in a separate incident.
Solid bump for Fox’s ‘Bones’ on Thursday
Fox’s summer play: Keeping it real
Sponsors give FIFA a yellow card
‘Unreal,’ aptly titled and quite true
Rachel, what’s your best career advice?
Tell us, how do you rate the fall lineups?
Weekend TV: NHL playoffs heat up
Three-year high for NBA on ESPN
Hulu drops the Duggar family
Judge: Yahoo class action can proceed
New ‘Daily Show’ host will bow this fall
Fox wins night as ‘MasterChef’ rebounds
This season’s broadcast superlatives
- Sherri Goldstein becomes director of integrated strategy at Moonrocks
- Anand Kini becomes CFO at NBCUniversal
- John Verre rises to VP of automotive sales at Cablevision
- Tom Callahan becomes CFO at Reader's Digest Association
- Nicole Flatow becomes enterprise editor at Guardian U.S.
- Chris Connelly becomes interim editor in chief at Grantland
- Sean Lindsay rises to chief technology officer at Tapjoy
- Neil Janowitz becomes editorial director at Vulture.com
- John McCauley becomes VP of content and strategy at OneUp Sports
- Randy Jackson signs production deal with Endemol Shine North America
- Former head of King World Michael King dies at age 66
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Display media planner opening in Chicago
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh