Yikes: Bomb threat at CNN headquarters
November 5, 2012
As CNN readies to report on the biggest news story of the year, tomorrow’s election, it’s also dealing with a bit of news that hit close to home.
Friday morning the CNN Center in Atlanta received a bomb threat that prompted police to close down the roads to the CNN Center as well as the Omni Hotel, which is next door.
Police conducted a floor-by-floor search for explosive devices at the CNN building in the early-morning hours on Friday following the 4 a.m. phone call.
The caller claimed that he had put a bomb somewhere on the CNN campus. He said he would not detonate if he was given $15,000 and an airline ticket.
Police did not find any evidence of a bomb and reopened the areas by 5:30 that morning.
Authorities continue to investigate the matter, with no suspect yet named in the case. Police did tell the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the caller sounded “depressed” and said the federal government wanted him in a separate incident.
Discovery woos popular travel vlogger
Social makeup of Cinco de Mayo
‘NBC Nightly News’ regains its lead
‘Say It to My Face,’ coupla forks, maybe
‘Gotham’ grows in first-season finale
Derby gallops to best ratings in 23 years
MRC weighs in on mobile viewable ads
For ABC, a few smart fixes for fall
Digital video embraces the reboot, too
A billboard that’s a real workout
‘Lost in Transmission,’ just plain lost
Live from Burbank, it’s ‘Undateable’
FCC to Pandora: Go ahead with that buy
- Matthew Jacobson rises to global executive design director at DigitasLBi
- Chris Cavanaugh becomes CMO at Freeman
- Disney/ESPN EVP of affiliate sales David Preschlack exiting
- Ana Salas Siegel becomes general counsel at NBCUniversal Hispanic
- Hal Rosenberg rises to EVP of content distribution at Up TV
- Rudy Konyushkov becomes CTO at Hearst Magazines International
- Louise Kramer rises to COO at Entercom
- Lori Lewis becomes VP of social media at Cumulus Media
- Erica Futterman becomes managing editor at Refinery29
- Collin Binkley becomes a Boston reporter at the Associated Press
- Alex Cary signs overall deal with Universal TV
- Matt Doran hosting syndicated series ‘Crime Watch Daily’
- Marton Csokas joins AMC's upcoming 'Into the Badlands'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh
Senior digital media planner job in Fort Lauderdale
Wanted: Digital sales planner in New York