Yikes: Bomb threat at CNN headquarters
November 5, 2012
As CNN readies to report on the biggest news story of the year, tomorrow’s election, it’s also dealing with a bit of news that hit close to home.
Friday morning the CNN Center in Atlanta received a bomb threat that prompted police to close down the roads to the CNN Center as well as the Omni Hotel, which is next door.
Police conducted a floor-by-floor search for explosive devices at the CNN building in the early-morning hours on Friday following the 4 a.m. phone call.
The caller claimed that he had put a bomb somewhere on the CNN campus. He said he would not detonate if he was given $15,000 and an airline ticket.
Police did not find any evidence of a bomb and reopened the areas by 5:30 that morning.
Authorities continue to investigate the matter, with no suspect yet named in the case. Police did tell the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the caller sounded “depressed” and said the federal government wanted him in a separate incident.
Readers: No C7 during this upfront
USA’s summer lineup: ‘Pains’ and ‘Affairs’
Whoa: Amazon scores HBO Go
Fact: We now use the web more than TV
So tell us, which network will win May sweeps?
‘About a Boy’ grows for second straight week
Coulson: I did not participate in a cover-up
May’s five biggest sweeps stunts
‘Scandal,’ from bubble to breakout
Scripps upfront: Ellen’s doing cable
‘Bad Teacher,’ not enough to be good
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
Saluting Ryan Seacrest, multi-tasker
- Jason Lee becomes senior director of digital at MEC
- Kristen Baldwin rises to deputy editor at Entertainment Weekly
- Nancy Cohen becomes SVP of sales and sponsorship at BabyFirst
- VH1 VPs Brad Abramson and Kari McFarland among cuts at the network
- Reuters finance and news media writer Felix Salmon exits
- Steven Petrow becomes advice columnist at The Washington Post
- Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Richard Turley exits
- Susan Kittenplan becomes executive editor of media initiatives at Yahoo
- Keith Cramer becomes VP of business development at MediaAlpha
- Tom Quinn becomes general manager at YieldexDirect for Advertisers
- Craig Zadan and Neil Meron producing ABC's Oscars telecast
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Senior digital media planner job in L.A.
Media planner position in Dallas
Needed: Senior digital media buyer and planner
Expert marketing consultant available in all markets
Media buyer/planner job in Philadelphia