Yikes: Bomb threat at CNN headquarters
November 5, 2012
As CNN readies to report on the biggest news story of the year, tomorrow’s election, it’s also dealing with a bit of news that hit close to home.
Friday morning the CNN Center in Atlanta received a bomb threat that prompted police to close down the roads to the CNN Center as well as the Omni Hotel, which is next door.
Police conducted a floor-by-floor search for explosive devices at the CNN building in the early-morning hours on Friday following the 4 a.m. phone call.
The caller claimed that he had put a bomb somewhere on the CNN campus. He said he would not detonate if he was given $15,000 and an airline ticket.
Police did not find any evidence of a bomb and reopened the areas by 5:30 that morning.
Authorities continue to investigate the matter, with no suspect yet named in the case. Police did tell the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the caller sounded “depressed” and said the federal government wanted him in a separate incident.
‘Big Bang Theory’ delivers big DVR numbers
‘Bones’ stars sue Fox over profits
Patriots’ first loss a big win on Twitter
Solid numbers for ‘Superstore’ preview
Cyber Monday: What worked and what didn’t
Study: Brand loyalty key on Black Friday
Note to readers: We were hacked
Coming at you, the midseason premieres
Where mobile is failing: Big data
‘Wow, that’s a lotta Christmas trees!’
The big story: Reinventing newspapers
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
What’s the future for men’s magazines?
- Mary Lee Schneider becomes president and CEO at SG360
- Brittany Resnick becomes head of The Door's social media division
- Michelle Ronan Noteboom joins Amendola Communications
- Suzanne Kaufman and Christine Fontana join DGital Media
- Valerie Cabrera and Melissa Landau join AMC Studios
- Liana Huth becomes VP of programming innovation at Entercom
- Shannon Knoepke becomes market manager at CBS Radio
- Mike Woosley becomes chief operating officer at Lotame
- Rachel Nichols leaving CNN to return to ESPN
- Juanes and Trisha Yearwood join CBS's Frank Sinatra special
- TV news journalist Linda Ellerbee retiring
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in Boston
Assistant media planner job in Torrance, Calif.
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York