‘X Factor’ close to finding its new judges
May 20, 2013
Simon Cowell is apparently hoping for some cross-over appeal with his new pair of judges on “The X Factor.”
The Fox show, which returns for season three this fall, is reportedly close to signing on Paulina Rubio, a hugely popular Mexican singer, for one of the singing competition’s open judge spots vacated by Britney Spears and L.A. Reid.
Rubio has sold some 30 million albums worldwide and could bring a larger audience of Hispanic viewers to the Fox show.
Cowell is also reportedly pursuing Kelly Rowland, best known as a former member of Destiny’s Child, for the fourth open judging slot. Rowland has sold 24 million albums as a solo artist.
Cowell and Demi Lovato, who joined the panel last season, are the only returning judges on the show, which has posted decent but not great ratings in its first two years.
Cowell had hoped that adding media magnet Spears to the show last fall would provide a jolt in ratings, but instead “Factor’s” numbers fell from its initial year.
A media buyer’s guide to the Emmys
Two chances to see ‘Madam Secretary’
FX renews ‘Strain’ for season two
‘America’s Got Talent’ boosts NBC to No. 1
Readers: New faces will win Emmys
Cable remembers Robin Williams
Summer’s least appreciated shows
‘Epic Ink,’ yes, it’s really about tattoos
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
For ‘Suits,’ finding its quirky voice
Cable overnights: ‘MNF’ returns strong
A new owner for Fairchild Fashion Media
Islamic State: We’ve beheaded kidnapped journalist
- Belle Lenz becomes regional communications director at Dentsu Aegis
- Jeremy Langer becomes VP of programming at Tennis Channel
- Juan Vallejo rises to SVP of ad sales at Fox Hispanic Media
- Mabel Martinez becomes beauty editor at Siempre Mujer
- Robin Green becomes VP of sales at PostUp
- Celia Wu and Tim Faircliff join The 614 Group
- Megan Alexander becomes special correspondent at CBS Newspath
- Boris Izaguirre joins Telemundo's 'Yo Soy el Artista'
- Bear Grylls starring in new Discovery Channel series
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner/buyer opening in Detroit
Senior media planner/buyer job in Phoenix
Opening for an associate media director in SF
Media buyer opening in Milwaukee
Manager of media planning job in Dallas