‘X Factor’ close to finding its new judges
May 20, 2013
Simon Cowell is apparently hoping for some cross-over appeal with his new pair of judges on “The X Factor.”
The Fox show, which returns for season three this fall, is reportedly close to signing on Paulina Rubio, a hugely popular Mexican singer, for one of the singing competition’s open judge spots vacated by Britney Spears and L.A. Reid.
Rubio has sold some 30 million albums worldwide and could bring a larger audience of Hispanic viewers to the Fox show.
Cowell is also reportedly pursuing Kelly Rowland, best known as a former member of Destiny’s Child, for the fourth open judging slot. Rowland has sold 24 million albums as a solo artist.
Cowell and Demi Lovato, who joined the panel last season, are the only returning judges on the show, which has posted decent but not great ratings in its first two years.
Cowell had hoped that adding media magnet Spears to the show last fall would provide a jolt in ratings, but instead “Factor’s” numbers fell from its initial year.
Merely an okay audience for Trump’s big speech
NBC sweeps Republican convention coverage
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Roger Ailes resigns, and Rupert Murdoch steps in
Readers: Fox News will be fine without Ailes
Finding the right Spanish-English media balance
On the way, a new way to measure radio
Rachel, I just can’t get anywhere here
Weekend TV: AMC wraps ‘Hell on Wheels’
Cable overnights: ‘Mr. Robot’ slips in second week
How Nielsen is beefing up its ad viewability options
NBC tops Fox and CBS combined on Wednesday
British Open scores for new carrier NBC
- Jeff Davidoff becomes president at Walton Isaacson
- Renato Fernandez and Doug Menezes rise at TBWA
- Isaac Mizrahi becomes chair-elect at AHAA
- John Solaro and Roger Tsai join Disney|ABC Television Group
- Sarah Geismer becomes VP of comedy at 20th Century Fox TV
- Diego Rodriguez becomes chief security officer at Univision
- Chris Mancivalano becomes associate marketing director at People en Español
- Meghan Bentley becomes VP of business development at Tapad
- Damian Hurley joins the cast of E!'s 'The Royals'
- Malik Yoba joins ABC's 'Designated Survivor'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: May 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Needed: Print media buyer in Chicago
Digital media buyer wanted in El Segundo
Media buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media planner wanted in Salt Lake City
Direct mail media planner job in Minneapolis