‘X Factor’ close to finding its new judges
May 20, 2013
Simon Cowell is apparently hoping for some cross-over appeal with his new pair of judges on “The X Factor.”
The Fox show, which returns for season three this fall, is reportedly close to signing on Paulina Rubio, a hugely popular Mexican singer, for one of the singing competition’s open judge spots vacated by Britney Spears and L.A. Reid.
Rubio has sold some 30 million albums worldwide and could bring a larger audience of Hispanic viewers to the Fox show.
Cowell is also reportedly pursuing Kelly Rowland, best known as a former member of Destiny’s Child, for the fourth open judging slot. Rowland has sold 24 million albums as a solo artist.
Cowell and Demi Lovato, who joined the panel last season, are the only returning judges on the show, which has posted decent but not great ratings in its first two years.
Cowell had hoped that adding media magnet Spears to the show last fall would provide a jolt in ratings, but instead “Factor’s” numbers fell from its initial year.
Small bump for Thursday ‘Big Brother’
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Real loser in digital ads surge: TV
Millennials barely watch regular TV
‘Wet Hot American Summer,’ better
Rachel, I just got a counter offer. Advice?
Tell us your thoughts on radio
Weekend TV: Degrassi kids graduate
Cable overnights: ‘Dance’ improves slot
Coverup: Cosmo going under wraps
Nielsen examines Jen and Ben and Jen
Study: Tube time really adds up over the years
NBC dominates with ‘Talent’ special
- Andrea Gustafson becomes design director at Havas Worldwide
- Tim Dingersen and Morgan Leykam join Reason2Be
- Danielle Maged becomes EVP of partnerships at Fox Networks
- Margaret de Streel rises to international editor at Wall Street Journal
- Arthur Gregg Sulzberger rises to associate editor at The NY Times
- Alex Berkett becomes SVP of corporate development at Viacom
- David O’Connell rises to EVP of production management at NBCU
- John Cook becomes acting executive editor at Gawker
- Vicky Ward and David Bouley join Town & Country
- Scott Nelson becomes head of Viber North America
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta