‘X Factor’ close to finding its new judges
May 20, 2013
Simon Cowell is apparently hoping for some cross-over appeal with his new pair of judges on “The X Factor.”
The Fox show, which returns for season three this fall, is reportedly close to signing on Paulina Rubio, a hugely popular Mexican singer, for one of the singing competition’s open judge spots vacated by Britney Spears and L.A. Reid.
Rubio has sold some 30 million albums worldwide and could bring a larger audience of Hispanic viewers to the Fox show.
Cowell is also reportedly pursuing Kelly Rowland, best known as a former member of Destiny’s Child, for the fourth open judging slot. Rowland has sold 24 million albums as a solo artist.
Cowell and Demi Lovato, who joined the panel last season, are the only returning judges on the show, which has posted decent but not great ratings in its first two years.
Cowell had hoped that adding media magnet Spears to the show last fall would provide a jolt in ratings, but instead “Factor’s” numbers fell from its initial year.
A catalog of Donald Trump’s many Twitter insults
Nielsen: We’ll use PPMs to measure OOH TV viewing
Football overrun lifts CBS’s Sunday lineup
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Cubs clincher sets a record for Fox Sports 1
The high cost of this vitriolic election on our nation
For ESPN2, targeting a new type of sports viewer
New way to use beacons: Passing on lifestyle tips
What the AT&T-Time Warner deal means for media
Tell us, what is the future of digital radio?
It’s here: Media Life’s new sports newsletter
The broad family sitcom lives on at CBS
ABC’s ‘Shark Tank’ returns to the top on Friday
- Michael Gross becomes editor in chief at Avenue
- Scott Mayerowitz rises at the Associated Press
- Joshua Mann becomes energy reporter at the Houston Business Journal
- Michelle Iracheta joins the Yakima Herald-Republic
- Carol Burnett starring in a comedy pilot
- Vine Star King Bach joining Fox comedy pilot
- Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro team up for CBS summer show
- Michael Stahl-David and Matt Whelan become regulars on ‘Narcos’
- Patricia Clarkson and Campbell Scott join ‘House of Cards’
- David Bunnell, founder of PC Magazine and PC World, dies at 69
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Search and analytics manager job in Columbus
Stamford agency needs a mass media manager
Media traffic specialist position in Stamford
Wanted: Cross channel media reporting analyst
Media research analyst opening in Stamford