‘X Factor’ close to finding its new judges
May 20, 2013
Simon Cowell is apparently hoping for some cross-over appeal with his new pair of judges on “The X Factor.”
The Fox show, which returns for season three this fall, is reportedly close to signing on Paulina Rubio, a hugely popular Mexican singer, for one of the singing competition’s open judge spots vacated by Britney Spears and L.A. Reid.
Rubio has sold some 30 million albums worldwide and could bring a larger audience of Hispanic viewers to the Fox show.
Cowell is also reportedly pursuing Kelly Rowland, best known as a former member of Destiny’s Child, for the fourth open judging slot. Rowland has sold 24 million albums as a solo artist.
Cowell and Demi Lovato, who joined the panel last season, are the only returning judges on the show, which has posted decent but not great ratings in its first two years.
Cowell had hoped that adding media magnet Spears to the show last fall would provide a jolt in ratings, but instead “Factor’s” numbers fell from its initial year.
The February sweep’s winners and losers
President and CEO fizzle out at TheBlaze
Pew: Race influences local news consumption
More changes at the top at Viacom
A hefty fine for a misleading advertisement
Your selfie on a digital billboard, for a good cause
You guessed it, another record for ‘Empire’
The hottest social network: Instagram
Who’s watching ‘House of Cards,’ anyway?
How kids consume different media
‘American Crime,’ storytelling at its best
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
For ‘The Odd Couple,’ a good fit
- Tim Libby becomes SVP and digital director at Starcom USA
- Cedric Devitt becomes chief creative officer at Big Spaceship
- Tony Zito rises to CEO at Rakuten Marketing
- Nick Maine, Sam Thompson and Ashraf Mohammad join Digital Pulp
- Scott Bailey becomes automotive president at TEN
- Bill Brink rises to media editor at The New York Times
- Cara Rubinsky rises to associate Europe editor at The AP
- John Strong and Alexi Lalas leading FS1's MLS coverage
- Three join the cast of AMC's 'The Night Manager'
- Griffin Gluck joins NBC comedy pilot 'Cuckoo'
- Martha Stewart among Justin Bieber roasters
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Remote media buyer available for all markets
Offline media buyer job in San Francisco
Spot media buyer wanted in Greenville, S.C.
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager