‘X Factor’ close to finding its new judges
May 20, 2013
Simon Cowell is apparently hoping for some cross-over appeal with his new pair of judges on “The X Factor.”
The Fox show, which returns for season three this fall, is reportedly close to signing on Paulina Rubio, a hugely popular Mexican singer, for one of the singing competition’s open judge spots vacated by Britney Spears and L.A. Reid.
Rubio has sold some 30 million albums worldwide and could bring a larger audience of Hispanic viewers to the Fox show.
Cowell is also reportedly pursuing Kelly Rowland, best known as a former member of Destiny’s Child, for the fourth open judging slot. Rowland has sold 24 million albums as a solo artist.
Cowell and Demi Lovato, who joined the panel last season, are the only returning judges on the show, which has posted decent but not great ratings in its first two years.
Cowell had hoped that adding media magnet Spears to the show last fall would provide a jolt in ratings, but instead “Factor’s” numbers fell from its initial year.
So, what’s the future for celebrity magazines?
Finally, the CW’s fall lineup kicks off
Cable overnights: Postseason MLB draws a crowd
Adios, ‘Utopia:’ Fox yanks show’s Tuesday edition
DirecTV hangs on to NFL Sunday Ticket
Where’s the hope for magazines? Mobile.
PBS and CBS lead News & Documentary Emmys
Paper cuts: The New York Times chops jobs
NBC’s ‘Voice’ dominates another Tuesday night
NBC wins premiere week, yet again
A promising postseason for MLB
Here it is, big talk on Advertising Week
‘Bad Judge,’ just all around way bad
- C. Brett Marottoli rises to VP of program acquisitions at Starz
- E! president Suzanne Kolb exits the network
- Sandy Alouete rises to SVP of talent and music programming at VH1
- Jack Foley becomes VP of business development at Westwood One
- Marie Joshi becomes director of strategic partnerships at Adaptly
- Liane Pierce becomes VP of client services at Yieldbot
- Stephanie Pilon becomes head of UK sales at adjust
- Ryan Hansen guesting on CW's upcoming 'iZombie'
- Soap opera writer Sam Hall dies at age 93
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media buyer job in Los Angeles
Media assistant position in Boise, Idaho
Online media buyer position in San Francisco
Senior media planner/buyer job in Des Moines
Needed: Inside multimedia sales rep in Mass.