‘X Factor’ close to finding its new judges
May 20, 2013
Simon Cowell is apparently hoping for some cross-over appeal with his new pair of judges on “The X Factor.”
The Fox show, which returns for season three this fall, is reportedly close to signing on Paulina Rubio, a hugely popular Mexican singer, for one of the singing competition’s open judge spots vacated by Britney Spears and L.A. Reid.
Rubio has sold some 30 million albums worldwide and could bring a larger audience of Hispanic viewers to the Fox show.
Cowell is also reportedly pursuing Kelly Rowland, best known as a former member of Destiny’s Child, for the fourth open judging slot. Rowland has sold 24 million albums as a solo artist.
Cowell and Demi Lovato, who joined the panel last season, are the only returning judges on the show, which has posted decent but not great ratings in its first two years.
Cowell had hoped that adding media magnet Spears to the show last fall would provide a jolt in ratings, but instead “Factor’s” numbers fell from its initial year.
‘Dome’ rebounds from series low
The internet of things, demystified
Radio ad $ in first half: Flat to last year
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
A local TV station, a national tragedy
New Orleans: Looking back at Katrina
‘Narcos,’ ripping tale of the drug wars
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Boost your media IQ. Sign up here.
Weekend TV: Jammin’ with Miley Cyrus
Survey: Social media ad spending will rise
Cable overnights: Another big night for FNC
The new YouTube Gaming at a glance
- Kyla Jacobs rises to global business development director at TBWA
- Rob FitzGerald becomes U.S. president at We Are Social
- Mandy Graham joins and Maria Smith rises at M&C Saatchi
- David Duncan becomes chief strategy officer at BBDO Minneapolis
- Zan Goodman becomes design director at Chandelier
- Patty Hirsch becomes digital GM for sports at Time Inc.
- Bob Gold becomes SVP of distribution at Poker Central
- Alison Fitzgerald becomes health policy correspondent at NPR
- Baratunde Thurston becomes supervising producer at 'The Daily Show'
- Jim Belushi joins the cast of Fox's pilot "Urban Cowboy'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois