‘World News’ posts biggest 25-54 lead in six years
July 9, 2014
David Muir’s looking like a pretty capable heir apparent to Diane Sawyer, who is leaving “ABC World News” at the end of the summer.
Subbing in for Sawyer during the July 4 holiday week, Muir pulled very good numbers.
“World News” averaged 1.88 million viewers in the news demo 25-54 during the week ended July 6, according to Nielsen, No. 1 for the week ahead of “NBC Nightly News” at 1.73 million and “CBS Evening News” at 1.32 million.
That was ABC’s largest lead over NBC in the demo since February 2008, and the newscast has finished No. 1 among 25-54s in seven of the past 13 weeks.
That said, NBC did continue to hold a slight edge among total viewers last week, averaging 7.51 million to ABC’s 7.44 million. CBS was third for the week with 5.75 million.
Because of the holiday, the Friday broadcast was not counted toward weekly ratings. Only Monday through Thursday were used.
ABC wins first night of November sweeps
Game 7 smacks a home run for Fox
A buyer’s primer on out of home measurement
‘Olive Kitteridge,’ fine tale brilliantly told
Rachel, talk to me about networking
The new frontier: Digital out of home
Best tube bets this weekend
So, who will win the November sweeps?
The complete TV schedule for election night
‘Sleepy Hollow’ scares up some buzz with Lyft
NBC Universal renews Meredith Vieira’s show
Native advertising gives NY Times a lift
NBC keeps on riding the Breeder’s Cup
- Jessie McGuire becomes U.S. strategy director at Elmwood
- Greg McAlinden becomes creative director at ODD
- Nick Ascheim rises and Shaun Hekking joins at BBC Worldwide
- Jonathan Hills becomes VP of digital media at Bravo Media
- Debbie Reichig becomes SVP of sales research at Twentieth TV
- Isaac Payam Ahdout becomes SVP of engineering at Tapad
- Fred Melamed joins Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Lily Rabe appearing on FX's 'American Horror Story'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
- Joel McHale remaining host of E!’s ‘The Soup’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer wanted in Las Vegas
Junior media buyer opening in Venice, California
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin