What’s your take on sales reps these days?
November 1, 2012
There are a lot of great media sales reps out there, and they're wonderful to work with. But let's face it, there are some real turkeys too. They annoy, they pester, they don't listen, and they don't get it. Their presentations run on forever, they send in a poorly crafted proposal, or they exhibit a remarkable ability to misunderstand the client’s needs.
Whatever the beef, a bad sales rep can cause even the most mild-mannered planner to lose his or her cool.
Media Life wants to hear from you. What sales rep faux pas drive you nuts? Are reps more or less annoying than they used to be?
Strong finale for NBC’s ‘The Voice’
Game 3 sets a record for NBC Sports Network
CNN’s ‘New Day’ bows to ho-hum numbers
Conde boots Lucky editor Brandon Holley
Poll: Very few trust the U.S. news media
Remembering Michael Hastings, journalist
This won’t be a great year for broadcast
Readers: CBS is the network to beat
Daytime Emmys, down but not out
‘Naked and Afraid,’ true adventure
So, what’s your take on magazines these days?
For ‘Bash,’ a dose of ‘Melrose’ magic
‘The Voice’ bumps up in penultimate episode
- Amy Elkins becomes digital managing director at Mindshare
- Rick Feldman becomes VP of marketing at InterMedia Group
- Quinn Taylor becomes EVP of movies and miniseries at NBC
- Anthony Sarcone becomes SVP of marketing initiatives at MPA
- Ignacio Meyer rises to SVP of enterprise development at Univision
- Larry Sands becomes regional VP at Univision
- Michael Eisenbaum and Jamie Dugger rise at Animal Planet
- Bob Wheelock becomes senior executive producer at Al Jazeera America
- Ronald Furman becomes CRO at Dial Global
- Stephanie Gaskell becomes associate editor at Defense One
- Reggie Watts, Miles Fisher and Mike Castle joins Comedy Central pilot
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Director of digital ad operations in New York
Digital media planner job in London
Digital media director in San Diego
Broadcast investment supervisor in Toronto
Freelance broadcast buyer available