What’s your take on sales reps these days?
November 1, 2012
There are a lot of great media sales reps out there, and they're wonderful to work with. But let's face it, there are some real turkeys too. They annoy, they pester, they don't listen, and they don't get it. Their presentations run on forever, they send in a poorly crafted proposal, or they exhibit a remarkable ability to misunderstand the client’s needs.
Whatever the beef, a bad sales rep can cause even the most mild-mannered planner to lose his or her cool.
Media Life wants to hear from you. What sales rep faux pas drive you nuts? Are reps more or less annoying than they used to be?
For magazines, moving beyond print and digital
‘Victoria’s Secret’ struts to third-biggest crowd
Time’s person of the year: Pope Francis
CBS: Our streaming audience has soared
Hot on cable: Shows about shows
Five lessons from ‘The Sound of Music’
Audience shrinks for part two of ‘Bonnie’
The word: Discovery eyeing Scripps
San Francisco: Sports is super hot
‘Rodeo Girls,’ way low in the saddle
Real-time buying: Media’s next revolution
For ‘Duck Dynasty,’ a real holiday tweet
Twitter alive with ‘The Sound of Music’
- Andre Laurentino becomes global ECD at Ogilvy
- Stephen Mooallem becomes executive editor at Harper's Bazaar
- Kitty Morgan becomes assistant managing editor at SF Chronicle
- Henry Hoberman joins and Douglas Jacobs rises at A&E Networks
- David Mandell becomes EVP and general counsel at TVGN
- Mark Adams becomes VP of Portland programming at Clear Channel
- Carolyn Bigda becomes contributing editor at Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Tal Perry becomes chief business officer at MassiveImpact
- Raj Gill becomes VP of automotive at Adconion Direct
- Bret Michaels guesting on NBC's 'Revolution'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in New York
Senior media buyer and planner in Denver
Programmatic media director in Chicago
Senior media planner position in Calgaray
Senior media planner in Midtown Manhattan