What’s your take on sales reps these days?
November 1, 2012
There are a lot of great media sales reps out there, and they're wonderful to work with. But let's face it, there are some real turkeys too. They annoy, they pester, they don't listen, and they don't get it. Their presentations run on forever, they send in a poorly crafted proposal, or they exhibit a remarkable ability to misunderstand the client’s needs.
Whatever the beef, a bad sales rep can cause even the most mild-mannered planner to lose his or her cool.
Media Life wants to hear from you. What sales rep faux pas drive you nuts? Are reps more or less annoying than they used to be?
Where do people watch Hulu? Everywhere, turns out.
Disney slashes jobs at Maker Studios in shakeup
How Bill Paxton’s death will impact ‘Training Day’
Finally, a new broadcast show has been canceled
‘How to Get Away With Murder’ equals a season high
Satellite’s now an afterthought in the era of digital radio
NASCAR spins its wheels as season gets underway
Best of the week: Ranking black American influencers
Paper cuts: Axe swings at The Financial Times
It’s time to get over the gimcrack of Times Square
Weekend TV: It’s Oscar time in la la land
People really didn’t like media coverage of the election
Cable overnights: ‘Alaskan Bush People’ rises in finale
- ABC EVP of marketing and chief marketing officer Marla Provencio exits
- Michelle Galván becomes co-host of Univision’s ‘Primer Impacto’
- Bryan Bell joins HLN as senior director of programming
- Cress Williams joins the CW’s ‘Black Lightning’ pilot
- Nyambi Nyambi joins CBS All Access’ ‘The Good Fight’
- Gwendoline Yeo joins Amazon’s American Girl special
- Donald Trump: I’m skipping the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner
- ‘Game of Thrones’ actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York