What’s your take on sales reps these days?
November 1, 2012
There are a lot of great media sales reps out there, and they're wonderful to work with. But let's face it, there are some real turkeys too. They annoy, they pester, they don't listen, and they don't get it. Their presentations run on forever, they send in a poorly crafted proposal, or they exhibit a remarkable ability to misunderstand the client’s needs.
Whatever the beef, a bad sales rep can cause even the most mild-mannered planner to lose his or her cool.
Media Life wants to hear from you. What sales rep faux pas drive you nuts? Are reps more or less annoying than they used to be?
Discovery’s new TV Everywhere service
‘Big Bang Theory’ delivers big DVR numbers
‘Bones’ stars sue Fox over profits
Patriots’ first loss a big win on Twitter
Solid numbers for ‘Superstore’ preview
Cyber Monday: What worked and what didn’t
Study: Brand loyalty key on Black Friday
Note to readers: We were hacked
Coming at you, the midseason premieres
Where mobile is failing: Big data
‘Wow, that’s a lotta Christmas trees!’
The big story: Reinventing newspapers
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
- Mary Lee Schneider becomes president and CEO at SG360
- Brittany Resnick becomes head of The Door's social media division
- Michelle Ronan Noteboom joins Amendola Communications
- Suzanne Kaufman and Christine Fontana join DGital Media
- Valerie Cabrera and Melissa Landau join AMC Studios
- Liana Huth becomes VP of programming innovation at Entercom
- Shannon Knoepke becomes market manager at CBS Radio
- Mike Woosley becomes chief operating officer at Lotame
- Rachel Nichols leaving CNN to return to ESPN
- Juanes and Trisha Yearwood join CBS's Frank Sinatra special
- TV news journalist Linda Ellerbee retiring
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in Boston
Assistant media planner job in Torrance, Calif.
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York