What’s your take on sales reps these days?
November 1, 2012
There are a lot of great media sales reps out there, and they're wonderful to work with. But let's face it, there are some real turkeys too. They annoy, they pester, they don't listen, and they don't get it. Their presentations run on forever, they send in a poorly crafted proposal, or they exhibit a remarkable ability to misunderstand the client’s needs.
Whatever the beef, a bad sales rep can cause even the most mild-mannered planner to lose his or her cool.
Media Life wants to hear from you. What sales rep faux pas drive you nuts? Are reps more or less annoying than they used to be?
Strong return for ‘America’s Got Talent’
Buyers: More C7 deals are on the way
Surge in ad spending on digital video
CBS’s summer play: High-quality drama
‘Aquarius,’ not worthy of the trip back
Tell us, how do you rate the fall lineups?
Once again, Rockets try to power up
Cable overnights: Solid bow for ‘Texas’
Advertisers flee ’19 Kids and Counting’
OOH ad spending jumps in first quarter
Big DVR numbers for ‘Big Bang Theory’
Viewers flip for return of NBC’s ‘Ninja’
Letterman’s final episode scores on Twitter
- Catherine Davis becomes chief growth officer at Cheil UK
- Denise Colella becomes SVP of advanced ad products at NBCUniversal
- Andrea Jomides rises to VP of distribution at Reelz
- Tyler Borchers rises to senior audience strategy editor at Time
- Colin Kearns rises to senior deputy editor at Field & Stream
- Ben Klayman rises to Midwest editor in charge at Reuters
- Peter Giordano rises to VP of marketing at Simulmedia
- Kim Mizrahi rises to managing director at Shapiro+Raj
- Max Greenfield joins FX's 'American Horror Story'
- Bill Murray starring in Netflix Christmas special
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Display media planner opening in Chicago
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh