What’s your take on sales reps these days?
November 1, 2012
There are a lot of great media sales reps out there, and they're wonderful to work with. But let's face it, there are some real turkeys too. They annoy, they pester, they don't listen, and they don't get it. Their presentations run on forever, they send in a poorly crafted proposal, or they exhibit a remarkable ability to misunderstand the client’s needs.
Whatever the beef, a bad sales rep can cause even the most mild-mannered planner to lose his or her cool.
Media Life wants to hear from you. What sales rep faux pas drive you nuts? Are reps more or less annoying than they used to be?
Yet another round of job cuts at Boston Globe
NFL Draft scores another touchdown on Twitter
New Fox drama ‘Houdini’ pulls a disappearing act
For Univision, a new way to measure ratings
What to watch for at the Newfronts: Day two
Digital Content Newfronts blog: Day one update
What’s really killing magazine newsstand sales
Tell us, what’s the state of magazines right now?
For ‘Person of Interest,’ leaving the door ajar
At the Derby, the world’s first Twitter-powered brooch
‘The Good Wife’ grows as series finale nears
Hulu’s new vision: Television distribution
A Daytime Emmy win for Kelly and Michael
- Daniel Tibbets becomes president and GM at El Rey
- Adam Wiener rises to EVP and GM at CBS Local Digital
- Kim Armenta becomes publisher at Vegas magazine
- Alanna Gombert rises to GM at IAB Technology Lab
- Catrice Monson rises to SVP of diversity at CBS Corp.
- John Hoeft becomes general manager at Tru Measure
- Oprah Winfrey starring in HBO's 'Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks'
- Jimmy Kimmel guest co-hosting with Kelly Ripa on 'Live!'
- Former NATPE president John von Soosten dies at age 71
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media buyer job in Fort Worth
Needed in Louisville: In-house media buyer
Memphis agency seeks a media planner
Needed: Globally conscious sales/marketing rep
San Diego opening for a digital marketing account manager