Understanding Google+, the new player
Blake Cahill of Banyan Branch looks at the emergence of this new force
December 5, 2011
Facebook easily dominates in the world of social media, but climbing up fast is Google+, the social media platfrom launched by search giant Google.
In this webinar, titled “Understanding Google+, the new big player in social media,” Blake Cahill, president of Banyan Branch, a social media agency based in Seattle, offers his insights into Google+ and what the likely advertising opportunities might be as the social media destination begin rolling out its strategy for attracting advertisers.
Blake explains how Google+ is different from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media sites.
The webinar runs for just under an hour and ends with a question and answer session.
Nikki Finke may have a new purpose in 2015
Tell us, what was the big story of 2014?
Facebook: ‘Thrones’ was the year’s top show
Final tally: 190 new magazines launched in 2014
No duPont Awards for broadcast networks
Sony: We’ll be releasing ‘The Interview.’ Really.
The year that was: 2014 by the numbers
An up and down year for broadcast
The buzziest new cable shows of 2015
Our OOH outlook: More connectivity
Our newspaper outlook: Not good
Our magazine outlook: More upheaval
The ad outlook for 2015: Pretty decent
- Helen Prokos becomes group creative director at Publicis Hawkeye
- James Florez becomes Dallas GM at Allison+Partners
- Robyn Hurd, Michael Oesterlin and Lorenzo Bertolotti join A+E
- Nate Lanxon becomes senior editor at Bloomberg Media
- Marian Bull becomes associate digital editor at Saveur
- Byron Pitts becomes co-anchor at ABC's 'Nightline'
- Annie Wersching joins CW's 'The Vampire Diaries'
- Daniel Wu joins the cast of AMC's 'Badlands'
- Ashley Tisdale guesting on ABC Family's 'Young & Hungry'
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer opening in Memphis
Media planner/buyer wanted in Boston
Needed: Digital media coordinator in Roswell, Ga.
Media buyer/digital strategist job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Broadcast media buyer wanted in Denver