Tribune Co. finds its man: Peter Liguori
November 19, 2012
The Tribune Co. saga is poised to take yet another turn this week.
Peter Liguori, the well-respected veteran TV executive who has worked for FX, Fox and Discovery, is expected to be named the new chief executive officer of the company.
The Chicago Tribune, which is part of the Tribune Co., broke the news on Friday.
Main creditors Oaktree Capital Management, Angelo, Gordon & Co., and JPMorgan Chase are expected to take over Tribune at year’s end following four years in bankruptcy.
Tribune owns 23 TV stations in addition to its newspapers, and Liguori’s broadcast experience is seen as the main reason why he’s been selected for the job.
The company has been in disarray for some time, enacting deep staff cuts at its newspapers over recent years following a decline in advertising revenue.
It has also been rocked by management disputes and controversies after being bought by Sam Zell more than five years ago.
A virtual who’s who of media have been rumored to be in contention for the job, including “Katie” executive producer and former NBCUniversal president Jeff Zucker.
Eddy Hartenstein, the publisher of the Los Angeles Times, is currently the company’s CEO.
Another series low for ‘American Idol’
‘Duck’ flies higher after season low
Disney Interactive chops 700 jobs
NBC’s dilemma: Whither ‘Community’?
‘Late Night With Seth Meyers,’ go to bed
Rachel, I’ve been stuck bigtime by co-workers
‘Resurrection,’ it’s got a shot
Tell us, are you happy with your salary?
Best tube bets this weekend
Shocker: Isaiah Washington back on ‘Grey’s’
ABC, CBS and Fox bounce back on Wednesday
RJ Palmer, Varick and TargetCast merge into Assembly
Pew: Pope’s getting good buzz on Twitter
- Heather Sandford becomes digital media manager at Ad Partners
- Martin Mohr becomes creative director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Carlos Sanchez becomes EVP and GM at Fox Deportes
- Greg Daniel, Laura Nelson, Saul Rosenberg and Marcy Shinder join Nielsen
- Liz Coddington and Melissa Stein join Adara Global
- Akiba Solomon becomes editorial director at Colorlines
- Matthew Galkin rises to partner at Warrior Poets
- Carlos Hermosillo joins Telemundo's sportscasting team
- Brooke Burke-Charvet guesting on ABC Family's 'Melissa & Joey'
- Gabriel Luna starring in El Rey Network's 'Matador'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior planner/buyer opening in Daytona Beach
Media coordinator job in Anchroage
Media planner opening in San Francisco
Media planner/buyer opening in Ancorage
Online marketing media buyer in Camas, Wash.