Tribune Co. finds its man: Peter Liguori
November 19, 2012
The Tribune Co. saga is poised to take yet another turn this week.
Peter Liguori, the well-respected veteran TV executive who has worked for FX, Fox and Discovery, is expected to be named the new chief executive officer of the company.
The Chicago Tribune, which is part of the Tribune Co., broke the news on Friday.
Main creditors Oaktree Capital Management, Angelo, Gordon & Co., and JPMorgan Chase are expected to take over Tribune at year’s end following four years in bankruptcy.
Tribune owns 23 TV stations in addition to its newspapers, and Liguori’s broadcast experience is seen as the main reason why he’s been selected for the job.
The company has been in disarray for some time, enacting deep staff cuts at its newspapers over recent years following a decline in advertising revenue.
It has also been rocked by management disputes and controversies after being bought by Sam Zell more than five years ago.
A virtual who’s who of media have been rumored to be in contention for the job, including “Katie” executive producer and former NBCUniversal president Jeff Zucker.
Eddy Hartenstein, the publisher of the Los Angeles Times, is currently the company’s CEO.
Best tube bets this weekend
So, who will win the November sweeps?
The complete TV schedule for election night
‘Sleepy Hollow’ scares up some buzz with Lyft
NBC Universal renews Meredith Vieira’s show
Game 7 smacks a home run for Fox
Native advertising gives NY Times a lift
NBC keeps on riding the Breeder’s Cup
‘Black-ish’ grows against World Series Game 7
A buyer’s primer on out of home measurement
CBS’s challenge: Life after football
With mobile devices, we’re all different
Las Vegas: Political pulls in TV dollars
- Jessie McGuire becomes U.S. strategy director at Elmwood
- Greg McAlinden becomes creative director at ODD
- Nick Ascheim rises and Shaun Hekking joins at BBC Worldwide
- Jonathan Hills becomes VP of digital media at Bravo Media
- Debbie Reichig becomes SVP of sales research at Twentieth TV
- Isaac Payam Ahdout becomes SVP of engineering at Tapad
- Fred Melamed joins Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Lily Rabe appearing on FX's 'American Horror Story'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
- Joel McHale remaining host of E!’s ‘The Soup’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer wanted in Las Vegas
Junior media buyer opening in Venice, California
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin