TiVo bows cross-media measurement
February 26, 2013
TiVo has expanded its media measurement capabilities, and it’s going beyond just TV.
The company’s TiVo Research and Analytics has launched a cross-media measurement service that combines media exposure with consumer purchase data.
The company will use more than 500,000 TiVo households to measure TV ad exposure, as well as more than 100,000 cross-media households (both TV and digital).
In addition, the company says it will use consumer packaged goods purchase data of 60 million households and 115 million automotive purchase records, as well as digital display and video ad exposure in 70 million U.S. homes.
The company will also get help from Experian Marketing Services, which will serve as a third party to help match and aggregate the data.
To honor the participants’ privacy TiVo will not use personally identifiable information, and users can opt out at any time.
The new service is now up and running. For more information, visit www.traglobal.com.
Tags: arbitron, capabilities, cross media, cross media measurement, cross-media ratings, Experian Marketing Services, exposure, households, media, media buyers, media measurement, nielsen, tv, tv ratings
Media scrambles to cover Mandela’s death
Whoa: No. 1 show in 18-34s is on cable
NBC Christmas special soars to seven-year high
Rethinking media’s compensation model
Martin Bashir parts ways with MSNBC
Facebook: We want quality over quantity
‘Sons of Anarchy’ tops cable Tuesday
Fox: Super Bowl advertising is sold out
King of the kids specials: ‘Rudolph’
Out-of-home ad spending growth slows
‘Come Dine With Me,’ a tasteless stew
Real-time buying: Media’s next revolution
‘Music,’ hoping to hit the right notes
- Deirdre Finnegan becomes publisher at EatingWell magazine
- Sam Rosen becomes VP of marketing at The Atlantic
- Eric Schurenberg rises to president at Inc. Magazine
- Nicoletta Santoro becomes creative director at Town&Country
- Claudia Foghini rises to SVP of production strategy at Telemundo
- Leslie Scott rises to digital program director at Entercom
- Todd Porch becomes VP and GM at Comcast Wholesale AdDelivery
- Todd Taplin becomes EVP of global sales at Celtra
- Four join branding firm The Sound Research
- Rick Allen becomes lead race announcer at NBC Sports
- 'Early Start' anchor Zoraida Sambolin exiting CNN
- Ana Jurka becomes on-air personality at Deportes Telemundo
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner in Midtown Manhattan
Media operations coordinator job in New York
Media planner opening in Brooklyn
Media planner/buyer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Media buyer position in Hartford, Conn.