TiVo bows cross-media measurement
February 26, 2013
TiVo has expanded its media measurement capabilities, and it’s going beyond just TV.
The company’s TiVo Research and Analytics has launched a cross-media measurement service that combines media exposure with consumer purchase data.
The company will use more than 500,000 TiVo households to measure TV ad exposure, as well as more than 100,000 cross-media households (both TV and digital).
In addition, the company says it will use consumer packaged goods purchase data of 60 million households and 115 million automotive purchase records, as well as digital display and video ad exposure in 70 million U.S. homes.
The company will also get help from Experian Marketing Services, which will serve as a third party to help match and aggregate the data.
To honor the participants’ privacy TiVo will not use personally identifiable information, and users can opt out at any time.
The new service is now up and running. For more information, visit www.traglobal.com.
Tags: arbitron, capabilities, cross media, cross media measurement, cross-media ratings, Experian Marketing Services, exposure, households, media, media buyers, media measurement, nielsen, tv, tv ratings
Univision scores with Liga MX final
‘The Voice’ exits on a two-month high
Coke’s ‘American Idol’ sponsorship fizzes out
An up and down year for broadcast
The buzziest new cable shows of 2015
Complete list of midseason premieres
‘All Hail King Julien,’ just for the kiddies
What will be the big media stories of 2015?
A shorter tune for ‘The Sing Off’
Cable overnights: ‘Newsroom’ finale surges
Now you can watch NBC live on the internet
Paper cuts: NY Times laying off 21 in news
‘Walking Dead’ the year’s most-tweeted series
- Sarah Hanson and Matt Dowshen rise at Partners + Napier
- Larissa Zagustin rises to SVP and general counsel at Viacom International
- Meara Abramson Valenzuela rises to SVP of planning at NBCU Hispanic
- Gregg Birnbaum becomes managing editor at The NY Daily News
- Nicole Caro becomes beauty editor at Siempre Mujer magazine
- Katy McColl joins and Whitney Wright rises at Southern Living
- Dave Marquard becomes product management director at Integral Ad Science
- Alexi Lalas becomes soccer analyst at Fox Sports
- Cicely Tyson guesting on ABC's 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- George Lopez hosting CW's 'World Dog Awards'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer opening in Memphis
Media planner/buyer wanted in Boston
Needed: Digital media coordinator in Roswell, Ga.
Media buyer/digital strategist job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Broadcast media buyer wanted in Denver