TiVo bows cross-media measurement
February 26, 2013
TiVo has expanded its media measurement capabilities, and it’s going beyond just TV.
The company’s TiVo Research and Analytics has launched a cross-media measurement service that combines media exposure with consumer purchase data.
The company will use more than 500,000 TiVo households to measure TV ad exposure, as well as more than 100,000 cross-media households (both TV and digital).
In addition, the company says it will use consumer packaged goods purchase data of 60 million households and 115 million automotive purchase records, as well as digital display and video ad exposure in 70 million U.S. homes.
The company will also get help from Experian Marketing Services, which will serve as a third party to help match and aggregate the data.
To honor the participants’ privacy TiVo will not use personally identifiable information, and users can opt out at any time.
The new service is now up and running. For more information, visit www.traglobal.com.
Tags: arbitron, capabilities, cross media, cross media measurement, cross-media ratings, Experian Marketing Services, exposure, households, media, media buyers, media measurement, nielsen, tv, tv ratings
Another boffo bow for an NBC sitcom
New Orleans: Looking back at Katrina
Why the ‘Mr. Robot’ finale was yanked
Big stink over NY tabloid covers
The case of the missing Millennials
Down to the wire for ABC and NBC
‘Limitless,’ fast, fun but at risk of fizzling
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Big Little League rematch: Texas-Cali
Cable overnights: ‘Haves’ grows on OWN
Introducing the McWhopper. (Oh, nevermind.)
Now streaming on Rdio, it’s native advertising
NBC crushes the competition Tuesday
- Kyla Jacobs rises to global business development director at TBWA
- Rob FitzGerald becomes U.S. president at We Are Social
- Mandy Graham joins and Maria Smith rises at M&C Saatchi
- David Duncan becomes chief strategy officer at BBDO Minneapolis
- Zan Goodman becomes design director at Chandelier
- Patty Hirsch becomes digital GM for sports at Time Inc.
- Bob Gold becomes SVP of distribution at Poker Central
- Alison Fitzgerald becomes health policy correspondent at NPR
- Baratunde Thurston becomes supervising producer at 'The Daily Show'
- Jim Belushi joins the cast of Fox's pilot "Urban Cowboy'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois