TiVo bows cross-media measurement
February 26, 2013
TiVo has expanded its media measurement capabilities, and it’s going beyond just TV.
The company’s TiVo Research and Analytics has launched a cross-media measurement service that combines media exposure with consumer purchase data.
The company will use more than 500,000 TiVo households to measure TV ad exposure, as well as more than 100,000 cross-media households (both TV and digital).
In addition, the company says it will use consumer packaged goods purchase data of 60 million households and 115 million automotive purchase records, as well as digital display and video ad exposure in 70 million U.S. homes.
The company will also get help from Experian Marketing Services, which will serve as a third party to help match and aggregate the data.
To honor the participants’ privacy TiVo will not use personally identifiable information, and users can opt out at any time.
The new service is now up and running. For more information, visit www.traglobal.com.
Tags: arbitron, capabilities, cross media, cross media measurement, cross-media ratings, Experian Marketing Services, exposure, households, media, media buyers, media measurement, nielsen, tv, tv ratings
The coming political boom for radio
How papers are reaching out to Millennials
Local Super Bowl advertising at a glance
Rachel, my boss doesn’t know when day’s done
So, what are your thoughts on Donald Trump now?
Weekend TV: The zombies are back
Newsweek tears down its paywall
Maybe it’s not quite time for the smartwatch
Cable overnights: Less excitement for Cavs-Lakers
A tight Wednesday night for broadcast
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Our most endangered medium: Direct mail
‘Yes, that billboard was shot on my iPhone’
- Philippe Krakowsky rises to chairman at IPG Mediabrands
- Rodrigo Grau becomes CCO at JWT Latin America
- Charles Thornton becomes VP of digital at the Automotive Ad Agency
- Todd Eisner becomes creative director at barrettSF
- Sarah Katt becomes VP of product development at AccuWeather
- David Pescovitz becomes editor at large at WebbyAwards.com
- Eddie Jordan and Sabine Schmitz join BBC America's 'Top Gear'
- Lee Majors joins Starz' 'Ash vs. Evil Dead'
- Kyle Schmid joins History military drama 'Six'
- Shawn Ashmore joins ABC drama pilot 'Conviction'
- Scott Wilson joins Netflix's 'The OA'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager