TiVo bows cross-media measurement
February 26, 2013
TiVo has expanded its media measurement capabilities, and it’s going beyond just TV.
The company’s TiVo Research and Analytics has launched a cross-media measurement service that combines media exposure with consumer purchase data.
The company will use more than 500,000 TiVo households to measure TV ad exposure, as well as more than 100,000 cross-media households (both TV and digital).
In addition, the company says it will use consumer packaged goods purchase data of 60 million households and 115 million automotive purchase records, as well as digital display and video ad exposure in 70 million U.S. homes.
The company will also get help from Experian Marketing Services, which will serve as a third party to help match and aggregate the data.
To honor the participants’ privacy TiVo will not use personally identifiable information, and users can opt out at any time.
The new service is now up and running. For more information, visit www.traglobal.com.
Tags: arbitron, capabilities, cross media, cross media measurement, cross-media ratings, Experian Marketing Services, exposure, households, media, media buyers, media measurement, nielsen, tv, tv ratings
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
CBS dominates Thursday with more NCAA playoffs
Podcasting comes of age: What’s behind a recent boom
CBS renews a slew of shows, with a few missing
Best of the week: Advertisers revolt against Google
Putting a pricetag on ad fraud: $16.4 billion
Surprise: There’s one area where TV viewing is soaring
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
Weekend TV: Can anyone beat the UConn women?
‘Empire’ rises slightly in its return to lift Fox to first
Well now: Mobile usage is even bigger than you think
CBS, the daytime leader, leads Daytime Emmy nominations
Whoa: Almost a third of Millennials cut the cord
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency