Times-Picayune returns to five print days (for now)
August 10, 2014
The New Orleans Times-Picayune is slowly walking back on the decision made two years ago to publish a print edition only three days a week.
The newspaper has decided to add home delivery of a Saturday and Monday edition this fall, Advance Publications announced recently.
The decision coincides with the football season, beginning Sept. 6 and lasting until the hometown New Orleans Saints’ last game, which could go all the way through to February.
The extra papers will come at no cost to print subscribers, who usually receive Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday editions.
“Our readers’ interest peaks in the fall and so does our advertisers’ desire to reach them,” the paper said in an article announcing the change. “We are expanding our print coverage to meet the heightened reader intensity and to serve our advertisers, who depend on us to reach their customers.”
Solid start for ABC’s ‘Beyond the Tank’
‘CBS This Morning’ jumps over last year
‘The Willis Family,’ winsome, maybe too
ABC wins second Thursday of sweep
David Letterman by the numbers
Viacom: We’re writing upfront deals
OOH’s top priority: A leap in technology
ABC takes the early lead in May sweep
This fall, expect to see more dramas
Time Inc.: We’re a multimedia company
‘Mysteries at the National Parks,’ dumb
Will NBC bring Brian Williams back?
Weekend TV: Hockey, boxing, finales
- Kendra Cassidy becomes national account director at NCM
- Sean Giancola and Sarah Cravetz Kleinhandler join NY Post
- Charles Duhigg becomes senior editor for events business at NY Times
- Comedian Jimmy Pardo signs with Conan O'Brien's Conaco
- Alberto Rosende and Emeraude Toubia join ABC Family's 'Shadowhunters'
- President Barack Obama guesting on CBS's 'The Late Show'
- James Purefoy joins SundanceTV's 'Hap and Leonard'
- Matt Cedeño joins the cast of Syfy's 'Z Nation'
- Francesca Eastwood and Pruitt Taylor Vince join NBC's 'Heroes Reborn'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Wanted: Digital sales planner in New York
Experienced media strategist available
Associate comms director opening in Boston
Assistant media planner wanted in San Francisco
Media planner and content manager opportunity