Times-Picayune returns to five print days (for now)
August 10, 2014
The New Orleans Times-Picayune is slowly walking back on the decision made two years ago to publish a print edition only three days a week.
The newspaper has decided to add home delivery of a Saturday and Monday edition this fall, Advance Publications announced recently.
The decision coincides with the football season, beginning Sept. 6 and lasting until the hometown New Orleans Saints’ last game, which could go all the way through to February.
The extra papers will come at no cost to print subscribers, who usually receive Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday editions.
“Our readers’ interest peaks in the fall and so does our advertisers’ desire to reach them,” the paper said in an article announcing the change. “We are expanding our print coverage to meet the heightened reader intensity and to serve our advertisers, who depend on us to reach their customers.”
‘Blindspot’ stays strong in week three
Ravens-Steelers game tops the week on Twitter
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Making the case for Hispanic media
Surprise, Hulu is getting up to speed
Atlanta: It’s a real buyer’s market
‘The Enfield Haunting,’ short on spook
Catch the next big wave: Hispanic media
Finally, the CW gets into the season
Sting of job cuts at Tribune Publishing
The latest buzz in magazines
The showdown: Apps vs. browsers
New ‘Quantico’ holds up in week two
- Mathew Jerrett and Tim Flood becomes ECDs at Arnold Worldwide
- Tish Graham becomes VP of technology at ABC Owned Station Group
- CBS News SVP of communications Sonya McNair exiting
- Brooke Karzen rises to EVP of alternative at Warner Horizon TV
- Associated Press managing editor Lou Ferrara exiting
- Frank Burgos becomes editor in chief at Metro U.S.
- Sarah Wire becomes state congressional reporter at The LA Times
- Kevin Arrix becomes chief revenue officer at Verve
- Elissa Reiling-Gray and Veronica Mendoza join Yieldbot
- Morgan Rigsbee becomes senior director of sales at Tapad
- Neil Robinson becomes chief revenue officer at ROKT
- Wanda Sykes joins the cast of ABC's 'black-ish'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York
Media planner wanted in Philadelphia
Media buyer coordinator opening in New Haven