Time winding down for John Huey
November 15, 2012
After six years on the job, it’s apparently Time for John Huey to move on.
The editor in chief of Time Inc. will be gone by year’s end, according to The New York Post’s Keith Kelly, stepping aside of his own accord as his 65th birthday nears next spring.
It’s unclear if he has any future plans lined up.
Huey led the magazine publisher during a time of transition. Time Inc. cut hundreds of jobs during his tenure as magazine ad revenue fell sharply.
He’s also helped shepherd the company into the digital age despite deep uncertainty as to what that means for the print industry.
He stayed on through three different chief executive officers, including Laura Lang, the former Digitas chief who joined in January.
Huey took over the top editorial spot in 2006, succeeding Norm Pearlstine. Before that he served a five-year stint as editorial director, and he was editor of Fortune before that.
Martha Nelson, currently Huey’s No. 2, is expected to inherit his job. She has worked at People and InStyle.
Republican debate draws good crowd
‘Shark Tank’ pushes ABC to another Friday win
‘CBS This Morning’ hits viewership milestone
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
‘Idol’ fuels Fox past CBS on Thursday
Readers: Expect a record Super Bowl, again
Our rising national obsession with sports
The high cost of ads for the Super Bowl ads
How football stacks up among Hispanics
Rachel, need I go back to school for media?
Weekend TV: The Super Bowl edition
Cable overnights: Another Warriors victory
So-so turnout for ‘Madoff’ miniseries
- Ed Castillo becomes global chief strategy officer at Arnold
- Juan Cruz Vassallo becomes associate creative director at the community
- Robert Cappuccino becomes VP of national sales at Foundations Marketing
- Simon White becomes chief strategy officer at FCB West
- Lynn Eastep becomes president at Fathom
- Jason Patric joins the cast of Fox's 'Wayward Pines'
- Zelda Williams, Alberto Frezza and Eli Goree join Freeform's 'Dead of Summer'
- Catherine Hardwicke joins USA's upcoming 'Eyewitness'
- Ice-T and Coco hosting Oxygen Valentine's Day marathon
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager