Presidential contenders, rendered in meat
September 5, 2012
Cynical voters may consider the presidential candidates a pair of meatheads, and at least one company agrees.
Beef jerky brand Jack Link's commissioned San Francisco-based artist Jason Mecier to create mosaic portraits of Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made completely from the company's meat products, in a fun marketing stunt.
The artworks' names? Barack Obameat and Meat Romney.
Mecier previously created a mosaic of Jack Link's signature mascot Sasquatch, and visitors to JackLinks.com or the company's Facebook page can vote on their "favorite meathead" and enter to win a cash prize.
Each piece of work took about 50 hours and 50 bags of jerky for Mecier to produce. For color variation he used different flavors of jerky, such as original beef and turkey jerky.
‘Stars’ posts best finale in four seasons
Yet another sweeps victory for NBC
OOH measurement: Where it’s headed
On cable news, wall-to-wall Ferguson
‘Santa Hunters,’ hunt for something else
What will be the big media stories of 2015?
Best tube bets this holiday weekend
Cable overnights: ‘MNF’ takes a hit
Study: Hispanics ahead of the curve for digital
What are your predictions for 2015?
ABC’s ‘Scandal’ wows ‘em on Twitter
Part one of ‘Stars’ finale matches season high
Happy Thanksgiving: What readers are thankful for
- Timothy Mutrie becomes chief strategy officer at Jacob Tyler
- Mark Koelfgen rises to CCO at McGarryBowen
- Paul Shearer becomes Middle East CCO at Ogilvy & Mather
- Matthew Abate becomes ECD at Atmosphere Proximity
- Amy Goldberg and Dan Myers join Starz
- Patti Dennis rises to VP of talent development at Gannett
- Lori Loughlin and Bailee Madison join Hallmark's 'Northpole 2'
- Lenora Crichlow and Spencer Grammer join NBC's 'Mr. Robinson'
- Actor George Eads leaving CBS's 'CSI'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Savvy media buyer needed in Chattanooga
Media planning coordinator wanted in Miami
Digital media planner job in Salt Lake City
Media planner/buyer job in Madison, WI
Needed: Media buyer in Baton Rouge