Presidential contenders, rendered in meat
September 5, 2012
Cynical voters may consider the presidential candidates a pair of meatheads, and at least one company agrees.
Beef jerky brand Jack Link's commissioned San Francisco-based artist Jason Mecier to create mosaic portraits of Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made completely from the company's meat products, in a fun marketing stunt.
The artworks' names? Barack Obameat and Meat Romney.
Mecier previously created a mosaic of Jack Link's signature mascot Sasquatch, and visitors to JackLinks.com or the company's Facebook page can vote on their "favorite meathead" and enter to win a cash prize.
Each piece of work took about 50 hours and 50 bags of jerky for Mecier to produce. For color variation he used different flavors of jerky, such as original beef and turkey jerky.
NBC and ABC fall against sports
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
TV ad clutter is worse than ever
Ranking the new shows, top to bottom
‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,’ surprisingly good
Rachel, I hear promise after promise
Tell us what you want from OOH ratings
Weekend TV: The zombies return
Cable overnights: Another MLB record
Fusion lays off 30 two years after launch
Even with decline, ‘Empire’ dominates
Cute: Halloween fun on Realtor.com
Survey: Morale is low at agencies
- David Kolbusz becomes CCO at Droga5 London
- Andrew Dauska becomes managing director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Lisa Zakarin becomes managing director at Publicis Hawkeye
- Kevin Dolak, Seung Lee and Helen Russell join Newsweek
- Karen DeFriez becomes affiliate sales manager at Westwood One
- Dick Costolo joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' as a consultant
- Lou Diamond Phillips guesting on NBC's 'Blindspot'
- Melanie Liburd joins HBO's 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Sopranos' actor Frank Albanese dies at age 84
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York
Media planner wanted in Philadelphia
Media buyer coordinator opening in New Haven