Presidential contenders, rendered in meat
September 5, 2012
Cynical voters may consider the presidential candidates a pair of meatheads, and at least one company agrees.
Beef jerky brand Jack Link's commissioned San Francisco-based artist Jason Mecier to create mosaic portraits of Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made completely from the company's meat products, in a fun marketing stunt.
The artworks' names? Barack Obameat and Meat Romney.
Mecier previously created a mosaic of Jack Link's signature mascot Sasquatch, and visitors to JackLinks.com or the company's Facebook page can vote on their "favorite meathead" and enter to win a cash prize.
Each piece of work took about 50 hours and 50 bags of jerky for Mecier to produce. For color variation he used different flavors of jerky, such as original beef and turkey jerky.
How Bill Paxton’s death will impact ‘Training Day’
Finally, a new broadcast show has been canceled
‘How to Get Away With Murder’ equals a season high
Satellite’s now an afterthought in the era of digital radio
NASCAR spins its wheels as season gets underway
Best of the week: Ranking black American influencers
Paper cuts: Axe swings at The Financial Times
It’s time to get over the gimcrack of Times Square
Weekend TV: It’s Oscar time in la la land
People really didn’t like media coverage of the election
Cable overnights: ‘Alaskan Bush People’ rises in finale
ABC wins Wednesday with night’s top four shows
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
- Eight join at FCB Chicago
- Seth Kusiak rises to VP of infrastructure and security services at Advertising Specialty Institute
- John Podesta joins The Washington Post as contributing columnist
- Kim Lamoreaux joins DeForest Times-Tribune
- Lauren Burack rises to SVP of brand and consumer marketing at IFC
- Matthew Broderick starring in ‘Katrina: American Crime Story’
- Brad Garrett joins CBS drama pilot ‘The Get’
- Lea Michele joins ABC comedy pilot
- Lauren Graham joins Fox comedy ‘Linda From HR’
- Former Fox News Channel host Alan Colmes dies at 66
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York