Presidential contenders, rendered in meat
September 5, 2012
Cynical voters may consider the presidential candidates a pair of meatheads, and at least one company agrees.
Beef jerky brand Jack Link's commissioned San Francisco-based artist Jason Mecier to create mosaic portraits of Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made completely from the company's meat products, in a fun marketing stunt.
The artworks' names? Barack Obameat and Meat Romney.
Mecier previously created a mosaic of Jack Link's signature mascot Sasquatch, and visitors to JackLinks.com or the company's Facebook page can vote on their "favorite meathead" and enter to win a cash prize.
Each piece of work took about 50 hours and 50 bags of jerky for Mecier to produce. For color variation he used different flavors of jerky, such as original beef and turkey jerky.
Solid bump for Fox’s ‘Bones’ on Thursday
Fox’s summer play: Keeping it real
Sponsors give FIFA a yellow card
‘Unreal,’ aptly titled and quite true
Rachel, what’s your best career advice?
Tell us, how do you rate the fall lineups?
Weekend TV: NHL playoffs heat up
Three-year high for NBA on ESPN
Hulu drops the Duggar family
Judge: Yahoo class action can proceed
New ‘Daily Show’ host will bow this fall
Fox wins night as ‘MasterChef’ rebounds
This season’s broadcast superlatives
- Sherri Goldstein becomes director of integrated strategy at Moonrocks
- Anand Kini becomes CFO at NBCUniversal
- John Verre rises to VP of automotive sales at Cablevision
- Tom Callahan becomes CFO at Reader's Digest Association
- Nicole Flatow becomes enterprise editor at Guardian U.S.
- Chris Connelly becomes interim editor in chief at Grantland
- Sean Lindsay rises to chief technology officer at Tapjoy
- Neil Janowitz becomes editorial director at Vulture.com
- John McCauley becomes VP of content and strategy at OneUp Sports
- Randy Jackson signs production deal with Endemol Shine North America
- Former head of King World Michael King dies at age 66
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Display media planner opening in Chicago
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh