Presidential contenders, rendered in meat
September 5, 2012
Cynical voters may consider the presidential candidates a pair of meatheads, and at least one company agrees.
Beef jerky brand Jack Link's commissioned San Francisco-based artist Jason Mecier to create mosaic portraits of Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made completely from the company's meat products, in a fun marketing stunt.
The artworks' names? Barack Obameat and Meat Romney.
Mecier previously created a mosaic of Jack Link's signature mascot Sasquatch, and visitors to JackLinks.com or the company's Facebook page can vote on their "favorite meathead" and enter to win a cash prize.
Each piece of work took about 50 hours and 50 bags of jerky for Mecier to produce. For color variation he used different flavors of jerky, such as original beef and turkey jerky.
Ahhh, a little light mooding for ‘Sharknado 2′
Study: Good Twitter buzz can really lift a movie
More rumors about ‘Meet the Press’ host
A night of ups and downs for broadcast
Two more summer shows get the axe
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
‘Married,’ funny, yes. Deep? No.
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
For Fox, extra helpings of chef Ramsay
No ‘Jump of the Century’ after all
Cable overnights: ‘Rizzoli’ rises in 18-49s
A college radio fundraiser gone awry
Won’t you help Jon Stewart buy CNN?
- CBS Outdoor president and COO Wally Kelly exiting
- Matt Miller becomes ECD at BBDO San Francisco
- Drew Brown becomes SVP of production at AMC
- Denise Vance rises to head of U.S. video and radio at the AP
- Josh Topolsky becomes an online editor at Bloomberg
- David Rubin becomes head of brand at Pinterest
- Amie Deutch becomes publisher at Tasting Table
- Caroline Sheu becomes chief marketing officer at Care.com
- Paul Burden becomes SVP of sales at XAPPmedia
- Maude Apatow guesting on HBO's 'Girls'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford