Presidential contenders, rendered in meat
September 5, 2012
Cynical voters may consider the presidential candidates a pair of meatheads, and at least one company agrees.
Beef jerky brand Jack Link's commissioned San Francisco-based artist Jason Mecier to create mosaic portraits of Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made completely from the company's meat products, in a fun marketing stunt.
The artworks' names? Barack Obameat and Meat Romney.
Mecier previously created a mosaic of Jack Link's signature mascot Sasquatch, and visitors to JackLinks.com or the company's Facebook page can vote on their "favorite meathead" and enter to win a cash prize.
Each piece of work took about 50 hours and 50 bags of jerky for Mecier to produce. For color variation he used different flavors of jerky, such as original beef and turkey jerky.
NBC wins Tuesday with growing reality shows
Fox head of sales Jean Rossi is leaving
Forecast: A good but not great 2014
Second-best Emmys in eight years
Sans controversy, VMAs take a slide
‘Girlfriend Intervention,’ black on white
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
A consolation trophy for Minnie Driver
A bigger iPad may be on the way
Cable overnights: ‘Love & Hip Hop’ stays strong
A ‘Full House’ revival? It could happen.
ABC and Fox shows hold up against Emmys
MTV’s ‘VMAs’ rock on Twitter
- Noah Mallin becomes North America head of social at MEC
- David Huehnergarth becomes client engagement director at LevLane
- Chris Seda becomes group director at 360i
- Jean-Michel Wu becomes chief talent officer at McCann Worldgroup
- Eileen O’Neill rises to global group president at Discovery Studios
- Tom Cibrowski rises to senior vice president at ABC News
- Karen Snyder Duke becomes health editor at Redbook
- Jon Ward becomes senior political correspondent at Yahoo
- Mollie Spilman becomes CRO at Criteo
- Kim Kardashian guesting on CBS's '2 Broke Girls'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Needed: Receptionist for a media agency
Media buyer position in Greenville, SC
Digital media analyst job in Greenville, SC
Media planner/buyer opening in Detroit
Senior media planner/buyer job in Phoenix