The hot emerging trends in social media
Bill DeRosa and Erik Granato discuss coming developments
August 30, 2012
The London Games were called the Twitter Olympics, and no wonder. Social media built whole new levels of excitement over the Games, as it has for so many aspects of American life.
The challenge for media planners and buyers is keeping up with all the developments in social media as it evolves at lightning speed.
To that end on Aug. 14, 2012, Media Life hosted a webinar titled, appropriately, “The hot emerging trends to look for in social media.”
The presenters were Bill DeRosa and Erik Granato of Talking Finger, a full-service social media marketing agency. Media Life readers will know Bill and Erik from previous Media Life webinars on social media.
This webinar departed from past webinars in that it left it up to readers to set the agenda by submitting questions beforehand. Bill and Erik then built the webinar around the answers to those questions.
The aim was to create a wide-ranging discussion about social media, and wide-ranging it was, covering everything from what new ad opportunities to expect from the big sites like Facebook and Twitter to such nuts and bolts issues as the mistakes to avoid in planning a campaign.
To listen in on the webinar, follow this link.
Stunner: Univision axes ‘Sabado Gigante’
CBS wins for the third straight night
A la carte, kinda: Verizon’s new deal
Online video’s not getting the ad dollars
May’s most-anticipated sweeps stunts
‘Tatau,’ silliness in the South Pacific
Rachel, I’m thinking of going on my own
Weekend TV: The NBA playoffs tip off
Tell us, which bubble shows will survive?
Tops for OTT: Baltimore & Minneapolis
Veteran ‘Survivor’ finishes No. 1
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Nat Geo Channel upfront: Five new shows
- Matt Baker becomes head of planning at JWT NY
- Kevin Amos and Dan Gbur becomes VPs at Brunner
- Mark Lopez becomes EVP and GM at Univision Digital
- Sara Morris becomes senior director of government affairs at iHeartMedia
- Meggan Crum becomes accessories director at InStyle
- Neil Versel, Thornton McEnery and Kathryn Rubino join Breaking Media
- Anand Subramanian becomes SVP of operations at Synacor
- Christina Cole joins the cast of USA's 'Suits'
- Four join the cast of AMC's upcoming adaptation 'The Night Manager'
- Dave Matthews Band performing on 'Legends on Letterman'
- NY Times reporter and editor Barbara Strauch dies at age 63
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Agency sales opening in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Freelance senior media planner job in Seattle
Digital media planner wanted in Boston
Out-of-home specialist available for all markets
Media planner/buyer job in Raleigh