The hot emerging trends in social media
Bill DeRosa and Erik Granato discuss coming developments
August 30, 2012
The London Games were called the Twitter Olympics, and no wonder. Social media built whole new levels of excitement over the Games, as it has for so many aspects of American life.
The challenge for media planners and buyers is keeping up with all the developments in social media as it evolves at lightning speed.
To that end on Aug. 14, 2012, Media Life hosted a webinar titled, appropriately, “The hot emerging trends to look for in social media.”
The presenters were Bill DeRosa and Erik Granato of Talking Finger, a full-service social media marketing agency. Media Life readers will know Bill and Erik from previous Media Life webinars on social media.
This webinar departed from past webinars in that it left it up to readers to set the agenda by submitting questions beforehand. Bill and Erik then built the webinar around the answers to those questions.
The aim was to create a wide-ranging discussion about social media, and wide-ranging it was, covering everything from what new ad opportunities to expect from the big sites like Facebook and Twitter to such nuts and bolts issues as the mistakes to avoid in planning a campaign.
To listen in on the webinar, follow this link.
‘Idol’ fuels Fox past CBS on Thursday
Readers: Expect a record Super Bowl, again
Our rising national obsession with sports
The high cost of ads for the Super Bowl ads
How football stacks up among Hispanics
Rachel, need I go back to school for media?
Weekend TV: The Super Bowl edition
Cable overnights: Another Warriors victory
So-so turnout for ‘Madoff’ miniseries
Sumner Redstone steps down at Viacom, too
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Denver: Bonkers for Broncs’ big game
What’s hot and not for Super Bowl ads
- Ed Castillo becomes global chief strategy officer at Arnold
- Juan Cruz Vassallo becomes associate creative director at the community
- Robert Cappuccino becomes VP of national sales at Foundations Marketing
- Simon White becomes chief strategy officer at FCB West
- Lynn Eastep becomes president at Fathom
- James Bennet becomes president at ASME
- Andrew Edwards becomes director of digital intelligence at Cardinal Path
- Marc Ferrentino becomes EVP of strategy at Yext
- Matt LeBlanc becomes co-host on BBC's 'Top Gear'
- Isabella Rossellini joins the cast of Hulu's 'Shut Eye'
- Seal joins the cast of Fox’s ‘The Passion’
- Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza and Jean Smart join FX’s ‘Legion’
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager