The hot emerging trends in social media
Bill DeRosa and Erik Granato discuss coming developments
August 30, 2012
The London Games were called the Twitter Olympics, and no wonder. Social media built whole new levels of excitement over the Games, as it has for so many aspects of American life.
The challenge for media planners and buyers is keeping up with all the developments in social media as it evolves at lightning speed.
To that end on Aug. 14, 2012, Media Life hosted a webinar titled, appropriately, “The hot emerging trends to look for in social media.”
The presenters were Bill DeRosa and Erik Granato of Talking Finger, a full-service social media marketing agency. Media Life readers will know Bill and Erik from previous Media Life webinars on social media.
This webinar departed from past webinars in that it left it up to readers to set the agenda by submitting questions beforehand. Bill and Erik then built the webinar around the answers to those questions.
The aim was to create a wide-ranging discussion about social media, and wide-ranging it was, covering everything from what new ad opportunities to expect from the big sites like Facebook and Twitter to such nuts and bolts issues as the mistakes to avoid in planning a campaign.
To listen in on the webinar, follow this link.
Real loser in digital ads surge: TV
Millennials barely watch regular TV
‘Wet Hot American Summer,’ better
Rachel, I just got a counter offer. Advice?
Tell us your thoughts on radio
Weekend TV: Degrassi kids graduate
Cable overnights: ‘Dance’ improves slot
Cover up: Cosmo going under wraps
Nielsen examines Jen and Ben and Jen
Study: Tube time really adds up over the years
NBC dominates with ‘Talent’ special
More fallout from botched UVA rape story
Four hot trends in online advertising
- Andrea Gustafson becomes design director at Havas Worldwide
- Tim Dingersen and Morgan Leykam join Reason2Be
- Danielle Maged becomes EVP of partnerships at Fox Networks
- Margaret de Streel rises to international editor at Wall Street Journal
- Arthur Gregg Sulzberger rises to associate editor at The NY Times
- Alex Berkett becomes SVP of corporate development at Viacom
- David O’Connell rises to EVP of production management at NBCU
- John Cook becomes acting executive editor at Gawker
- Vicky Ward and David Bouley join Town & Country
- Scott Nelson becomes head of Viber North America
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta