The future and promise of print media
Listen to noted media analyst Ken Doctor explain what's to come
April 11, 2013
Newspapers and magazines are not dying, as is so widely believed. Far from it. They are working mightily to reinvent themselves for the digital age, and they could well pull it off.
But to do so they must come up with new business models that shift revenue from advertisers to readers. They must also exploit new opportunities, in the case of newspapers by expanding into local marketing services and events.
Can they do it?
That’s the question Ken Doctor sets out to answer in this engaging webinar on the future and promise of print media.
Ken is a widely followed news industry analyst and the author of the book “Newsonomics: Twelve New Trends That Will Shape the News You Get.”
In this webinar Media Life readers will learn:
*The key forces driving the print revolution
*How these emerging business models will reshape magazines and newspapers
*What these changes will mean for readers and advertisers
*Who will dominate in the new economic order
*The most important print trends to watch for in 2013
The webinar runs for an hour.
To listen, just follow this link
NBC’s ‘Sound of Music’ hits a high note
Whoa: No. 1 show in 18-34s is on cable
Twitter takes a shot at retargeting
Media scrambles to cover Mandela’s death
Rethinking media’s compensation model
Want higher ratings? Program holiday music.
‘Bonnie & Clyde,’ shoot-em-up lovers
Rachel, I try so hard. It’s never enough.
‘Modern Family’ gains in syndication
Real-time buying: Media’s next revolution
Netflix scores another awards first
Best tube bets this weekend
NBC Christmas special soars to seven-year high
- Deirdre Finnegan becomes publisher at EatingWell magazine
- Sam Rosen becomes VP of marketing at The Atlantic
- Eric Schurenberg rises to president at Inc. Magazine
- Nicoletta Santoro becomes creative director at Town&Country
- Claudia Foghini rises to SVP of production strategy at Telemundo
- Leslie Scott rises to digital program director at Entercom
- Todd Porch becomes VP and GM at Comcast Wholesale AdDelivery
- Todd Taplin becomes EVP of global sales at Celtra
- Four join branding firm The Sound Research
- Rick Allen becomes lead race announcer at NBC Sports
- 'Early Start' anchor Zoraida Sambolin exiting CNN
- Ana Jurka becomes on-air personality at Deportes Telemundo
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner in Midtown Manhattan
Media operations coordinator job in New York
Media planner opening in Brooklyn
Media planner/buyer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Media buyer position in Hartford, Conn.