The election by the numbers on Facebook
November 9, 2012
Two days after the presidential election there were still three states buzzing more on Facebook about Republican nominee Mitt Romney than President Barack Obama.
As of early Thursday afternoon Romney was still getting more Facebook mentions than Obama in West Virginia, Wyoming and Utah, although nationwide the president was getting mentioned roughly four times more often than Romney, 1.01 million to Romney's 273,000.
That's according to the Facebook CNN-Election Insights page, which breaks down the social Facebook conversation by state, gender, age and day.
Not surprisingly, the overall conversation has slowed since Tuesday's election, with mentions of Obama down 73 percent Wednesday and those of Romney down 77 percent versus the previous day.
Facebook and social media as a whole played its largest role yet for a presidential election. A photo of the first couple embracing that was posted by the president's Twitter account minutes after he was reelected set a record for retweets, and it was also the most-liked photo in the history of Facebook.
Also, a thank you note posted on Facebook by Mitt Romney's team was shared nearly 27,000 times and liked by nearly 700,000 users.
Who listens to the most radio? Hispanics.
‘Wild’ matches second-best rating
Summer’s DVR winners: ‘Pines’ and ‘Dome’
UFC fight pounds the Twitter competition
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Coming, a new way to listen to FM radio
Study: Think digital video, think mobile
Whoa, wild animals lit brightly at night
‘Life in Pieces,’ lacking instructions
Tell us your thoughts on radio
Jamming with country’s top acts
AT&T makes its first DirecTV play
Why ratings decline: A case study
- Jeffrey Gorder, Jane Delworth and Paula Biondich rise at mono
- Jennifer Putnam becomes CCO at Allen & Gerritsen
- Hollie Newton becomes executive creative director at Sunshine
- Katy Loria rises to chief revenue officer at Screenvision
- Marty Sartini Garner rises to senior editor at Flood Magazine
- Tasha Blasi Pannuzzo becomes SVP of marketing at Westwood One
- Oren Liebermann and Matt Rivers join CNN International
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum joins the cast of CBS's 'Supergirl'
- James Cromwell joins HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Falk Hentschel joins CW's 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Vivica A. Fox and Romeo Miller join TV One holiday movies
- Carla Gugino joins Showtime's upcoming 'Roadies'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois