The Condé holiday party, through the Post’s eyes
November 21, 2012
Yesterday was the annual Condé Nast holiday luncheon, and today came the annual Keith Kelly story carrying all the skinny on the event.
The New York Post reporter delivered his usual thorough dissection of the party, noting a somewhat subdued mood at the gathering, coming after 60 jobs were cut this year at the company to save money.
Anna Wintour, the Vogue editor, had her usual place at Si Newhouse’s table. Also making Si’s cut: New Yorker editor David Remnick, Details editor in chief Dan Peres, Women’s Wear Daily editor Ed Nardoza and consumer marketing head Monica Ray.
Laura Lang, the new chief executive officer at Time Inc., was rumored to be wooing Ray, who jumped from Time Inc. to Condé two years ago.
One of Condé’s best-known editors, Vanity Fair’s Graydon Carter, was not in attendance, but don’t read too much into it. He was hosting a party in London on Monday for his cover girl, Kate Moss, and apparently couldn’t get back to New York City soon enough for the party.
For further details on the luncheon, click here to read Kelly’s story.
Tags: anna wintour, conde nast, Condé Nast holiday luncheon, Condé Nast party, Dan Peres, David Remnick, Ed Nardoza, graydon carter, Kate Moss, keith kelly, laura lang, london, Monica Ray, new york city, new york post, new yorker, si newhouse, time inc, Wear Daily
Fox wins a Wednesday littered with reruns
Philly: Auto driving big TV dollars
Defining the big issues in digital video
A stunt that goes over the rainbow
‘Salem,’ this witches’ brew boils over
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
Best tube bets this weekend
Tuesday cable overnights: Solid start for ‘Fargo’
NBCU: We’re ramping up digital content
‘Divorce Court’ up 24 percent this season
Pivot upfront: Four new shows on the way
ABC’s ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ grows in later timeslot
New from Kantar, a programmatic buying tool
- Sarah Amatuzio becomes VP and creative director at Alcone
- Tim Nolan becomes group creative director at Huge
- Jonathan Kim rises to digital engineering director at Media Kitchen
- Anand Kini rises to EVP of strategy at NBCUniversal
- Meaghan B. Murphy becomes executive editor at Good Housekeeping
- Mary Jeanne Cavanagh becomes EVP of ad sales at BabyFirst
- Steve McEvoy becomes VP of advertising sales at PageScience
- Howard Schneider becomes Federal Reserve reporter at Reuters
- Former 'The View' co-hosts returning to honor Barbara Walters
- Brad Paisley guesting on CBS's 'Two and a Half Men'
- MSNBC personality Lawrence O'Donnell injured in car accident
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media planner/buyer opening in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer opening in Austin
Online media buyer position in Provo, Utah
Digital media planner/buyer job in Minneapolis
Senior media planner job in Dallas/Fort Worth