The Condé holiday party, through the Post’s eyes
November 21, 2012
Yesterday was the annual Condé Nast holiday luncheon, and today came the annual Keith Kelly story carrying all the skinny on the event.
The New York Post reporter delivered his usual thorough dissection of the party, noting a somewhat subdued mood at the gathering, coming after 60 jobs were cut this year at the company to save money.
Anna Wintour, the Vogue editor, had her usual place at Si Newhouse’s table. Also making Si’s cut: New Yorker editor David Remnick, Details editor in chief Dan Peres, Women’s Wear Daily editor Ed Nardoza and consumer marketing head Monica Ray.
Laura Lang, the new chief executive officer at Time Inc., was rumored to be wooing Ray, who jumped from Time Inc. to Condé two years ago.
One of Condé’s best-known editors, Vanity Fair’s Graydon Carter, was not in attendance, but don’t read too much into it. He was hosting a party in London on Monday for his cover girl, Kate Moss, and apparently couldn’t get back to New York City soon enough for the party.
For further details on the luncheon, click here to read Kelly’s story.
Tags: anna wintour, conde nast, Condé Nast holiday luncheon, Condé Nast party, Dan Peres, David Remnick, Ed Nardoza, graydon carter, Kate Moss, keith kelly, laura lang, london, Monica Ray, new york city, new york post, new yorker, si newhouse, time inc, Wear Daily
Twitter gets busy with two awards shows
Indianapolis Star’s front-page editorial: ‘Fix this now’
Inside tips on buying mobile billboards
‘The Daily Show’ finds its new host
‘Walking Dead’ lumbers off with a record
‘A.D.: The Bible Continues,’ a stretch
So, what’s your outlook for this year’s upfront?
Alas, the ‘Amish Mafia,’ knocked off
Case of mistaken identity for Periscope the agency
Oxygen upfront: More original programming
Bravo upfront: Embracing another scripted series
Thousands raised for buyer who lost his home
NBC gets a lift from iHeart Radio awards
- Bob Dashtizad becomes senior director of digital at Hawthorne Direct
- Phil Chin becomes marketing and partnerships director at Williams Helde
- Kinsey Wilson rises to EVP at The New York Times
- Tommy Page becomes SVP of brand partnerships at Cumulus Media
- Brian Leonard rises to VP of programming at Travel Channel
- Reny Diaz becomes VP of insights at NBCU Hispanic Enterprises
- Christopher Salmanpour becomes director of EMEA sales at Tapjoy
- Tanzina Vega becomes digital correspondent at CNN Politics
- Maisie Williams guesting on BBC America's 'Doctor Who'
- Ludacris and Chrissy Teigen hosting ABC's Billboard Music Awards
- Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss guesting on HBO's 'Silicon Valley'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner/buyer job in Raleigh
Temp media buyer wanted in Hollywood
Media planner/buyer position in Columbia, SC
Media planner/buyer job in Summit, NJ
Job opening: Next president of TAB