The Condé holiday party, through the Post’s eyes
November 21, 2012
Yesterday was the annual Condé Nast holiday luncheon, and today came the annual Keith Kelly story carrying all the skinny on the event.
The New York Post reporter delivered his usual thorough dissection of the party, noting a somewhat subdued mood at the gathering, coming after 60 jobs were cut this year at the company to save money.
Anna Wintour, the Vogue editor, had her usual place at Si Newhouse’s table. Also making Si’s cut: New Yorker editor David Remnick, Details editor in chief Dan Peres, Women’s Wear Daily editor Ed Nardoza and consumer marketing head Monica Ray.
Laura Lang, the new chief executive officer at Time Inc., was rumored to be wooing Ray, who jumped from Time Inc. to Condé two years ago.
One of Condé’s best-known editors, Vanity Fair’s Graydon Carter, was not in attendance, but don’t read too much into it. He was hosting a party in London on Monday for his cover girl, Kate Moss, and apparently couldn’t get back to New York City soon enough for the party.
For further details on the luncheon, click here to read Kelly’s story.
Tags: anna wintour, conde nast, Condé Nast holiday luncheon, Condé Nast party, Dan Peres, David Remnick, Ed Nardoza, graydon carter, Kate Moss, keith kelly, laura lang, london, Monica Ray, new york city, new york post, new yorker, si newhouse, time inc, Wear Daily
The word: Shakeup coming at NBC News
Tweet Yo Self: ‘Parks’ finale scores on Twitter
A decline for Fox’s ‘The Following’
Real identity of Buckingham naked guy
This season’s most time-shifted shows
Behind the push for big data in media
Sacramento: TV is solid, radio strong
‘CSI: Cyber,’ playing to an older crowd
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
‘Dig,’ off we go to Armageddon, again
Now, elsewhere in the Marvel universe
Mort’s mystery man: John Catsimatidis
Rebekah Brooks eyes a return to News Corp.
- Rob Reifenheiser rises to North America managing director at Essence
- James Price becomes SVP of data insights at Outfront Media
- Nick Brien becomes CEO at iCrossing
- Didi Gluck becomes deputy beauty editor at More magazine
- Jeff Dossett becomes chief revenue officer at GOOD Worldwide
- María Lopez-Knowles rises to CMO at Entravision
- Clare Ferguson becomes design director at Marie Claire
- Amy Levin-Epstein becomes executive editor at Serendipity
- Christopher Meloni joins WGN America's 'Underground'
- Elliott Gould joins CBS drama pilot 'Doubt'
- Sarah Chalke joins Fox's '48 Hours 'Til Monday'
- Mark Cuban and Ann Coulter join Syfy's 'Sharknado 3'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Remote media buyer available for all markets
Offline media buyer job in San Francisco
Spot media buyer wanted in Greenville, S.C.
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager