The Condé holiday party, through the Post’s eyes
November 21, 2012
Yesterday was the annual Condé Nast holiday luncheon, and today came the annual Keith Kelly story carrying all the skinny on the event.
The New York Post reporter delivered his usual thorough dissection of the party, noting a somewhat subdued mood at the gathering, coming after 60 jobs were cut this year at the company to save money.
Anna Wintour, the Vogue editor, had her usual place at Si Newhouse’s table. Also making Si’s cut: New Yorker editor David Remnick, Details editor in chief Dan Peres, Women’s Wear Daily editor Ed Nardoza and consumer marketing head Monica Ray.
Laura Lang, the new chief executive officer at Time Inc., was rumored to be wooing Ray, who jumped from Time Inc. to Condé two years ago.
One of Condé’s best-known editors, Vanity Fair’s Graydon Carter, was not in attendance, but don’t read too much into it. He was hosting a party in London on Monday for his cover girl, Kate Moss, and apparently couldn’t get back to New York City soon enough for the party.
For further details on the luncheon, click here to read Kelly’s story.
Tags: anna wintour, conde nast, Condé Nast holiday luncheon, Condé Nast party, Dan Peres, David Remnick, Ed Nardoza, graydon carter, Kate Moss, keith kelly, laura lang, london, Monica Ray, new york city, new york post, new yorker, si newhouse, time inc, Wear Daily
A night of ups and downs for broadcast
Two more summer shows get the axe
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
‘Married,’ funny, yes. Deep? No.
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
For Fox, extra helpings of chef Ramsay
No ‘Jump of the Century’ after all
Cable overnights: ‘Rizzoli’ rises in 18-49s
A college radio fundraiser gone awry
Won’t you help Jon Stewart buy CNN?
Huge management shakeup at Conde Nast
Lukewarm debut for NBC’s ‘Food Fighters’
This summer’s winners and losers
- Shoshana Winter becomes executive planning director at mcgarrybowen
- Danna Castiglia rises to VP of business development at CBS News
- Tim Pastore becomes programming president at National Geographic Channel
- Bill Cox and Walter Naar join Grit and Escape
- Nick Catucci becomes features editor at Billboard
- Paul Cushman becomes chief revenue officer at Dstillery
- Michelle Fairley joins the cast of ABC's 'Resurrection'
- Shemar Moore returning to CBS's 'Young and the Restless'
- Lucy Lawless joins ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Cast of 'Orange is the New Black' guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford