The Condé holiday party, through the Post’s eyes
November 21, 2012
Yesterday was the annual Condé Nast holiday luncheon, and today came the annual Keith Kelly story carrying all the skinny on the event.
The New York Post reporter delivered his usual thorough dissection of the party, noting a somewhat subdued mood at the gathering, coming after 60 jobs were cut this year at the company to save money.
Anna Wintour, the Vogue editor, had her usual place at Si Newhouse’s table. Also making Si’s cut: New Yorker editor David Remnick, Details editor in chief Dan Peres, Women’s Wear Daily editor Ed Nardoza and consumer marketing head Monica Ray.
Laura Lang, the new chief executive officer at Time Inc., was rumored to be wooing Ray, who jumped from Time Inc. to Condé two years ago.
One of Condé’s best-known editors, Vanity Fair’s Graydon Carter, was not in attendance, but don’t read too much into it. He was hosting a party in London on Monday for his cover girl, Kate Moss, and apparently couldn’t get back to New York City soon enough for the party.
For further details on the luncheon, click here to read Kelly’s story.
Tags: anna wintour, conde nast, Condé Nast holiday luncheon, Condé Nast party, Dan Peres, David Remnick, Ed Nardoza, graydon carter, Kate Moss, keith kelly, laura lang, london, Monica Ray, new york city, new york post, new yorker, si newhouse, time inc, Wear Daily
ABC and Fox tie for first on Thursday
The coming political boom for radio
How papers are reaching out to Millennials
Local Super Bowl advertising at a glance
Rachel, my boss doesn’t know when day’s done
So, what are your thoughts on Donald Trump now?
Weekend TV: The zombies are back
Newsweek tears down its paywall
Maybe it’s not quite time for the smartwatch
Cable overnights: Less excitement for Cavs-Lakers
A tight Wednesday night for broadcast
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Our most endangered medium: Direct mail
- Philippe Krakowsky rises to chairman at IPG Mediabrands
- Rodrigo Grau becomes CCO at JWT Latin America
- Charles Thornton becomes VP of digital at the Automotive Ad Agency
- Todd Eisner becomes creative director at barrettSF
- Sarah Katt becomes VP of product development at AccuWeather
- David Pescovitz becomes editor at large at WebbyAwards.com
- Eddie Jordan and Sabine Schmitz join BBC America's 'Top Gear'
- Lee Majors joins Starz' 'Ash vs. Evil Dead'
- Kyle Schmid joins History military drama 'Six'
- Shawn Ashmore joins ABC drama pilot 'Conviction'
- Scott Wilson joins Netflix's 'The OA'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager