Texans’ OT victory scores for CBS
November 26, 2012
The most exciting football game on turkey day was also the highest-rated.
The early Thanksgiving game between the Detroit Lions and Houston Texans on CBS posted a 15.2 household rating and 36 share, according to Nielsen overnights, the highest-rated game of the day and the network's second-highest-rated game since it re-acquired NFL rights in 1998.
It was a thriller, a 34-31 overtime win for the Texans in a game that both teams had chances to win.
The rest of the Thanksgiving action wasn’t nearly as thrilling, with Fox’s game a blowout until the fourth quarter and NBC’s contest a dominant victory by the New England Patriots.
Fox's contest between the Dallas Cowboys and winning Washington Redskins posted a 14.5 overnight rating, while NBC's night game between the Patriots and New York Jets posted an 11.5.
Elsewhere on Thanksgiving, NBC's coverage of the "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" averaged a 6.6 adults 18-49 rating in the 25 markets with Local People Meters, up 10 percent from last year and the highest in the six years the event has been tracked in LPM markets.
Also, the network's airing of the "The National Dog Show" from noon to 2 p.m. that day posted a 5.3 metered-market household rating, up 13 percent from last year and the best since 2005.
Tags: cbs, dallas cowboys, fourth quarter, household, Local People Meters, LPM, Macy, macy's parade, macy's parade ratings, nbc, New England Patriots, nfl, nfl ratings, sports tv, thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Day Parade, thanksgiving nfl games, thanksgiving tv, turkey, tv ratings, Washington Redskins
Solid bump for Fox’s ‘Bones’ on Thursday
Fox’s summer play: Keeping it real
Sponsors give FIFA a yellow card
‘Unreal,’ aptly titled and quite true
Rachel, what’s your best career advice?
Tell us, how do you rate the fall lineups?
Weekend TV: NHL playoffs heat up
Three-year high for NBA on ESPN
Hulu drops the Duggar family
Judge: Yahoo class action can proceed
New ‘Daily Show’ host will bow this fall
Fox wins night as ‘MasterChef’ rebounds
This season’s broadcast superlatives
- Sherri Goldstein becomes director of integrated strategy at Moonrocks
- Anand Kini becomes CFO at NBCUniversal
- John Verre rises to VP of automotive sales at Cablevision
- Tom Callahan becomes CFO at Reader's Digest Association
- Nicole Flatow becomes enterprise editor at Guardian U.S.
- Chris Connelly becomes interim editor in chief at Grantland
- Sean Lindsay rises to chief technology officer at Tapjoy
- Neil Janowitz becomes editorial director at Vulture.com
- John McCauley becomes VP of content and strategy at OneUp Sports
- Randy Jackson signs production deal with Endemol Shine North America
- Former head of King World Michael King dies at age 66
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Display media planner opening in Chicago
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh