Tell us, what’s your take on click fraud?
April 9, 2014
Is online advertising really delivering for advertisers?
A recent study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau found that more than a third of web traffic is fraudulent, produced by viruses and bots designed to artificially inflate traffic numbers. Those same viruses and bots also target ads that advertisers pay for by the click.
Further, a recent study by BPA Worldwide, the auditing service, found that only 40 percent of the ads measured were actually viewable when a user first opened a web page. The rest could only be seen if the user scrolled down the page.
Media Life wants to know what you think. Is this simply the cost of doing business online? What should be done to address these problems? Are your clients aware of or concerned about these issues?
Click here to take the survey.
Real loser in digital ads surge: TV
Millennials barely watch regular TV
‘Wet Hot American Summer,’ better
Rachel, I just got a counter offer. Advice?
Tell us your thoughts on radio
Weekend TV: Degrassi kids graduate
Cable overnights: ‘Dance’ improves slot
Cover up: Cosmo going under wraps
Nielsen examines Jen and Ben and Jen
Study: Tube time really adds up over the years
NBC dominates with ‘Talent’ special
More fallout from botched UVA rape story
Four hot trends in online advertising
- Andrea Gustafson becomes design director at Havas Worldwide
- Tim Dingersen and Morgan Leykam join Reason2Be
- Danielle Maged becomes EVP of partnerships at Fox Networks
- Margaret de Streel rises to international editor at Wall Street Journal
- Arthur Gregg Sulzberger rises to associate editor at The NY Times
- Alex Berkett becomes SVP of corporate development at Viacom
- David O’Connell rises to EVP of production management at NBCU
- John Cook becomes acting executive editor at Gawker
- Vicky Ward and David Bouley join Town & Country
- Scott Nelson becomes head of Viber North America
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta