Tell us, what’s your take on click fraud?
April 9, 2014
Is online advertising really delivering for advertisers?
A recent study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau found that more than a third of web traffic is fraudulent, produced by viruses and bots designed to artificially inflate traffic numbers. Those same viruses and bots also target ads that advertisers pay for by the click.
Further, a recent study by BPA Worldwide, the auditing service, found that only 40 percent of the ads measured were actually viewable when a user first opened a web page. The rest could only be seen if the user scrolled down the page.
Media Life wants to know what you think. Is this simply the cost of doing business online? What should be done to address these problems? Are your clients aware of or concerned about these issues?
Click here to take the survey.
Age-wise, how cable stacks up
Paula Deen’s ill-advised Twitter pic
Gooool! Telemundo scores with U.S.-Japan
U.S. women win Twitter crown as well
‘Bachelorette’ surges to seven-week high
Women’s World Cup’s real winner: Nike
Record ratings for women’s big win
Hispanic ad dollars are up, defying trend
So cool: An underwater radio station
‘Dates,’ love stories of first meetings
So, what’s your take on summer TV?
Yes, Amy Schumer is unavoidable now
A bombshell in the case against Cosby
- Eric Zuncic becomes chief strategy officer at CP+B
- Carter Brokaw becomes president of digital revenue at iHeartMedia
- Denielle deWynter becomes VP of finance at Hearst Business Media
- Linda Douglass becomes head of communication at Bloomberg Media
- Mark Pesavento becomes SVP of content at Fox Sports Digital
- Benny Reuven becomes VP of development at Oxygen Media
- Jeff Karp leading Time Inc.'s new Sports Illustrated Play
- Jeremy Sisto joins the cast of ABC's 'Wicked City'
- Emily Kinney joins the cast of Showtime's 'Masters of Sex'
- Kellie Pickler, Adrienne Bailon and Ross Mathews join 'Knock Knock Live'
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta
Media planner position in Minneapolis
Media buyer position in Sacramento