Tell us, what’s your take on click fraud?
April 9, 2014
Is online advertising really delivering for advertisers?
A recent study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau found that more than a third of web traffic is fraudulent, produced by viruses and bots designed to artificially inflate traffic numbers. Those same viruses and bots also target ads that advertisers pay for by the click.
Further, a recent study by BPA Worldwide, the auditing service, found that only 40 percent of the ads measured were actually viewable when a user first opened a web page. The rest could only be seen if the user scrolled down the page.
Media Life wants to know what you think. Is this simply the cost of doing business online? What should be done to address these problems? Are your clients aware of or concerned about these issues?
Click here to take the survey.
Time to winnow the bubble shows
How one agency deals with viewability
Ratings arise for Easter programming
‘American Odyssey,’ lost in the dark
So, what’s your outlook for this year’s upfront?
On April Fools’, celebrating the foolers
Cable overnights: Big turnout for Bieber roast
CBS leads Daytime Emmy Awards noms
Discovery upfront: Big bump in originals
ABC rises Monday as other networks fall
Twitter gets busy with two awards shows
Indianapolis Star’s front-page editorial: ‘Fix this now’
Inside tips on buying mobile billboards
- Mike Geiger becomes chief digital officer at David&Goliath
- Eric Segal and Gareth Goodall rise to managing partners at Anomaly
- Rafael Rizuto and Eduardo Marques become ECDs at 180LA
- Damien Marchi becomes global head of content at Havas Media
- Kevin Garrity becomes CEO at Gen Media Partners
- Nick Gilhool becomes VP of casting at Discovery Channel
- Alex Treadway becomes VP of leadership sales at The Washington Post
- Paula Goldstein Di Principe becomes fashion director at Refinery29
- Andrew Dumont becomes VP of marketing at Bitly
- Coleman Insights VP Chris Ackerman retires
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Out-of-home specialist available for all markets
Media planner/buyer job in Raleigh
Temp media buyer wanted in Hollywood
Media planner/buyer position in Columbia, SC
Media planner/buyer job in Summit, NJ