Tell us, what’s your take on click fraud?
April 9, 2014
Is online advertising really delivering for advertisers?
A recent study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau found that more than a third of web traffic is fraudulent, produced by viruses and bots designed to artificially inflate traffic numbers. Those same viruses and bots also target ads that advertisers pay for by the click.
Further, a recent study by BPA Worldwide, the auditing service, found that only 40 percent of the ads measured were actually viewable when a user first opened a web page. The rest could only be seen if the user scrolled down the page.
Media Life wants to know what you think. Is this simply the cost of doing business online? What should be done to address these problems? Are your clients aware of or concerned about these issues?
Click here to take the survey.
The next wave: America’s Hispanics and the New America
Tell us, how’s Donald Trump’s campaign going?
Cable overnights: Monday shows rebound post-Games
Time Inc.’s long, rough summer continues
Which U.S. Olympic athlete’s sponsors spent most?
Even with Olympics over, NBC stays on top
Olympics finish strong on social media
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Where political is booming: Social and search
Quiet close to up-and-down Summer Games
Fox’s ‘The Exorcist’: Bloody hell, this looks bad
For ‘The View,’ still dishing amid the drama
One last look at Gawker’s impressive numbers
- Bill Cimino becomes CCO at McCann Detroit
- Randy Rovegno, Michael Voice and Caroline Wilson join Pop
- Jennifer Csengody-Novetsky becomes senior editor at Harper's Bazaar
- Jeff Tamarkin becomes editor at BestClassicBands.com
- Jason Solinsky becomes chief technology officer at fuboTV
- Rey Mysterio signs first-look deal at El Rey Network
- Rupert Grint, Ed Westwick and Dougray Scott join Crackle's 'Snatch'
- Sarah Paulson joins the cast of FX's 'Feud'
- Newspaperman George E. Curry dies at age 69
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: June 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Associate media planner wanted in Brooklyn
Senior media planner job in Dearborn, Michigan
Needed: Print media buyer in Chicago
Digital media buyer wanted in El Segundo
Media buyer wanted in Austin