Tell us, what’s your take on click fraud?
April 9, 2014
Is online advertising really delivering for advertisers?
A recent study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau found that more than a third of web traffic is fraudulent, produced by viruses and bots designed to artificially inflate traffic numbers. Those same viruses and bots also target ads that advertisers pay for by the click.
Further, a recent study by BPA Worldwide, the auditing service, found that only 40 percent of the ads measured were actually viewable when a user first opened a web page. The rest could only be seen if the user scrolled down the page.
Media Life wants to know what you think. Is this simply the cost of doing business online? What should be done to address these problems? Are your clients aware of or concerned about these issues?
Click here to take the survey.
‘Black-ish’ grows against World Series Game 7
A buyer’s primer on out of home measurement
CBS’s challenge: Life after football
With mobile devices, we’re all different
Las Vegas: Political pulls in TV dollars
The new frontier: Digital out of home
‘The McCarthys,’ honed to a dull edge
For ‘Mom,’ a chance for a new start
So, who will win the November sweeps?
Game 6 surges to best viewership of World Series
Cable overnights: Duggar wedding lifts ’19 Kids’
‘Women of the Bible’ coming to Lifetime
‘MNF’ hits a season high on ESPN Deportes
- Kelly Smith-Dotson becomes CMO at Viad
- NY Times EVP of digital products Denise Warren exits
- Jessica Coen becomes contributing editor at Marie Claire
- Paul Smalera becomes ideas editor at Quartz
- Jeff Bercovici becomes San Francisco bureau chief at Inc.
- Katie Taplett becomes VP and GM at Defense News
- Writer Matt Taibbi exits First Look Media
- Jill Schwartz becomes head of development at High Noon Entertainment
- Hayley Kiyoko joins CBS's 'CSI: Cyber'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer wanted in Las Vegas
Junior media buyer opening in Venice, California
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin