Tell us, what’s your take on click fraud?
April 9, 2014
Is online advertising really delivering for advertisers?
A recent study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau found that more than a third of web traffic is fraudulent, produced by viruses and bots designed to artificially inflate traffic numbers. Those same viruses and bots also target ads that advertisers pay for by the click.
Further, a recent study by BPA Worldwide, the auditing service, found that only 40 percent of the ads measured were actually viewable when a user first opened a web page. The rest could only be seen if the user scrolled down the page.
Media Life wants to know what you think. Is this simply the cost of doing business online? What should be done to address these problems? Are your clients aware of or concerned about these issues?
Click here to take the survey.
Amazon’s drones are coming! (In India, not U.S.)
Now on music sharing site SoundCloud, advertising
‘Big Brother’ lifts CBS to Wednesday win
A media buyer’s guide to the Emmys
Ferguson kicks up cable news ratings
‘BoJack Horseman,’ amusing even so
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
‘The Simpsons’ again, again, and again
Cable overnights: Comedy reruns top Tuesday
Hearst tries a Millennial magazine in NYC
NBC cancels ‘Working the Engels’
Two chances to see ‘Madam Secretary’
FX renews ‘Strain’ for season two
- Neil Munn rises to global CEO at BBH
- Kim Heneghan joins and Kim Castro rises at U.S. News & World Report
- Patty Adams Martinez, Busra Erkara and Mickey Stanley join Nylon
- Kevin Frazier becomes co-host at 'Entertainment Tonight'
- Rachel Brosnahan joins CBS's 'The Dovekeepers'
- Eva Longoria guesting on Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Megan Mullally and Natalie Morales guesting on 'Parks and Recreation'
- Tony Shalhoub joins the cast of Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Emmy-winning animator Liz Holzman dies at age 61
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner/buyer opening in Detroit
Senior media planner/buyer job in Phoenix
Opening for an associate media director in SF
Media buyer opening in Milwaukee
Manager of media planning job in Dallas