Tell us, what’s your take on click fraud?
April 9, 2014
Is online advertising really delivering for advertisers?
A recent study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau found that more than a third of web traffic is fraudulent, produced by viruses and bots designed to artificially inflate traffic numbers. Those same viruses and bots also target ads that advertisers pay for by the click.
Further, a recent study by BPA Worldwide, the auditing service, found that only 40 percent of the ads measured were actually viewable when a user first opened a web page. The rest could only be seen if the user scrolled down the page.
Media Life wants to know what you think. Is this simply the cost of doing business online? What should be done to address these problems? Are your clients aware of or concerned about these issues?
Click here to take the survey.
‘Stars’ posts best finale in four seasons
Yet another sweeps victory for NBC
OOH measurement: Where it’s headed
On cable news, wall-to-wall Ferguson
‘Santa Hunters,’ hunt for something else
What will be the big media stories of 2015?
Best tube bets this holiday weekend
Cable overnights: ‘MNF’ takes a hit
Study: Hispanics ahead of the curve for digital
What are your predictions for 2015?
ABC’s ‘Scandal’ wows ‘em on Twitter
Part one of ‘Stars’ finale matches season high
Happy Thanksgiving: What readers are thankful for
- Timothy Mutrie becomes chief strategy officer at Jacob Tyler
- Mark Koelfgen rises to CCO at McGarryBowen
- Paul Shearer becomes Middle East CCO at Ogilvy & Mather
- Matthew Abate becomes ECD at Atmosphere Proximity
- Amy Goldberg and Dan Myers join Starz
- Patti Dennis rises to VP of talent development at Gannett
- Lori Loughlin and Bailee Madison join Hallmark's 'Northpole 2'
- Lenora Crichlow and Spencer Grammer join NBC's 'Mr. Robinson'
- Actor George Eads leaving CBS's 'CSI'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Savvy media buyer needed in Chattanooga
Media planning coordinator wanted in Miami
Digital media planner job in Salt Lake City
Media planner/buyer job in Madison, WI
Needed: Media buyer in Baton Rouge