Tell us, what were the big stories of 2012?
December 19, 2012
Among this year’s high- and lowlights: Rush Limbaugh's controversial comments about a birth control-seeking law student; the rise in DVR usage; Ann Curry's messy ouster from NBC's "Today;" and another record-setting tally for the Super Bowl.
What was the year’s biggest media story? Which network was most impressive? What developments stood out in each media category?
Click here to take the survey.
What to watch for at the Newfronts: Day three
Digital Content Newfronts blog: Day two update
NFL Draft: As online gains, cable drains
CBS inches to a season win over NBC
Tell us, what’s the state of magazines right now?
Hidden history: Infiltrating secret societies
Cable overnights: NBA playoffs surge on TNT
Tampa is becoming a one-newspaper town
Yet another round of job cuts at Boston Globe
NFL Draft scores another touchdown on Twitter
New Fox drama ‘Houdini’ pulls a disappearing act
For Univision, a new way to measure ratings
What to watch for at the Newfronts: Day two
- Daniel Tibbets becomes president and GM at El Rey
- Adam Wiener rises to EVP and GM at CBS Local Digital
- Kim Armenta becomes publisher at Vegas magazine
- Alanna Gombert rises to GM at IAB Technology Lab
- Catrice Monson rises to SVP of diversity at CBS Corp.
- John Hoeft becomes general manager at Tru Measure
- Oprah Winfrey starring in HBO's 'Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks'
- Jimmy Kimmel guest co-hosting with Kelly Ripa on 'Live!'
- Former NATPE president John von Soosten dies at age 71
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media buyer job in Fort Worth
Needed in Louisville: In-house media buyer
Memphis agency seeks a media planner
Needed: Globally conscious sales/marketing rep
San Diego opening for a digital marketing account manager