Tell us, what were the big stories of 2012?
December 19, 2012
Among this year’s high- and lowlights: Rush Limbaugh's controversial comments about a birth control-seeking law student; the rise in DVR usage; Ann Curry's messy ouster from NBC's "Today;" and another record-setting tally for the Super Bowl.
What was the year’s biggest media story? Which network was most impressive? What developments stood out in each media category?
Click here to take the survey.
The February sweep’s winners and losers
President and CEO fizzle out at TheBlaze
Pew: Race influences local news consumption
More changes at the top at Viacom
A hefty fine for a misleading advertisement
Your selfie on a digital billboard, for a good cause
You guessed it, another record for ‘Empire’
The hottest social network: Instagram
Who’s watching ‘House of Cards,’ anyway?
How kids consume different media
‘American Crime,’ storytelling at its best
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
For ‘The Odd Couple,’ a good fit
- Tim Libby becomes SVP and digital director at Starcom USA
- Cedric Devitt becomes chief creative officer at Big Spaceship
- Tony Zito rises to CEO at Rakuten Marketing
- Nick Maine, Sam Thompson and Ashraf Mohammad join Digital Pulp
- Scott Bailey becomes automotive president at TEN
- Bill Brink rises to media editor at The New York Times
- Cara Rubinsky rises to associate Europe editor at The AP
- John Strong and Alexi Lalas leading FS1's MLS coverage
- Three join the cast of AMC's 'The Night Manager'
- Griffin Gluck joins NBC comedy pilot 'Cuckoo'
- Martha Stewart among Justin Bieber roasters
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Remote media buyer available for all markets
Offline media buyer job in San Francisco
Spot media buyer wanted in Greenville, S.C.
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager