Tell us, what were the big stories of 2012?
December 19, 2012
Among this year’s high- and lowlights: Rush Limbaugh's controversial comments about a birth control-seeking law student; the rise in DVR usage; Ann Curry's messy ouster from NBC's "Today;" and another record-setting tally for the Super Bowl.
What was the year’s biggest media story? Which network was most impressive? What developments stood out in each media category?
Click here to take the survey.
‘Blindspot’ stays strong in week three
Ravens-Steelers game tops the week on Twitter
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Making the case for Hispanic media
Surprise, Hulu is getting up to speed
Atlanta: It’s a real buyer’s market
‘The Enfield Haunting,’ short on spook
Catch the next big wave: Hispanic media
Finally, the CW gets into the season
Sting of job cuts at Tribune Publishing
The latest buzz in magazines
The showdown: Apps vs. browsers
New ‘Quantico’ holds up in week two
- Mathew Jerrett and Tim Flood becomes ECDs at Arnold Worldwide
- Tish Graham becomes VP of technology at ABC Owned Station Group
- CBS News SVP of communications Sonya McNair exiting
- Brooke Karzen rises to EVP of alternative at Warner Horizon TV
- Associated Press managing editor Lou Ferrara exiting
- Frank Burgos becomes editor in chief at Metro U.S.
- Sarah Wire becomes state congressional reporter at The LA Times
- Kevin Arrix becomes chief revenue officer at Verve
- Elissa Reiling-Gray and Veronica Mendoza join Yieldbot
- Morgan Rigsbee becomes senior director of sales at Tapad
- Neil Robinson becomes chief revenue officer at ROKT
- Wanda Sykes joins the cast of ABC's 'black-ish'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York
Media planner wanted in Philadelphia
Media buyer coordinator opening in New Haven