Tell us, what were the big stories of 2012?
December 19, 2012
Among this year’s high- and lowlights: Rush Limbaugh's controversial comments about a birth control-seeking law student; the rise in DVR usage; Ann Curry's messy ouster from NBC's "Today;" and another record-setting tally for the Super Bowl.
What was the year’s biggest media story? Which network was most impressive? What developments stood out in each media category?
Click here to take the survey.
NBC dominates with ‘Talent’ special
More fallout from botched UVA rape story
Four hot trends in online advertising
Back to school guide: By the numbers
Free ice cream when temperatures soar
‘Significant Mother,’ notify next of kin
Tell us your thoughts on radio
TV’s odd infatuation with hoarders
Cable overnights: ‘Catch’ snags first
An old favorite returning to ‘GMA’?
Upfront update: ABC remains in stalemate
‘Zoo’ roars up to match a series high
Strong finale for ‘Tierra de Reyes’
- Bruce Kiernan and Zsuzsa Szemere rise at MEC
- Erin Mechanic becomes development producer at Spike TV
- Andy Weissberg and Erin Wanner rise at Animal Planet
- Jarrod Dicker becomes director of ad product at The Washington Post
- Cristian Farias becomes Supreme Court reporter at The Huffington Post
- Tim Starks becomes cyber security reporter at Politico
- Sam Kass becomes senior food analyst at NBC News
- Five ‘Daily Show’ executive producers staying with the show
- Troian Bellisario returning to USA's 'Suits'
- Tig Notaro starring in Amazon sitcom
- Dora Madison becomes a series regular on NBC's 'Chicago Fire'
- Queen Latifah and Mary J. Blige join NBC's 'The Wiz'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta