Tell us, how’s the midseason shaping up?
January 28, 2013
With the return of “American Idol,” the midseason has officially arrived, and it looks quite different than last year.
NBC remains in first place after a much stronger than expected fall, while CBS is second, Fox is third and ABC is a distant fourth. A handful of new shows have already debuted, with more still to come later this month and through late spring.
Media Life wants to know what you think. Which network is in the best position to win the season? Which new show looks most promising? And which ones look like duds?
Click here to take the survey.
NBC’s ‘Sound of Music’ hits a high note
Whoa: No. 1 show in 18-34s is on cable
Twitter takes a shot at retargeting
Media scrambles to cover Mandela’s death
Rethinking media’s compensation model
Want higher ratings? Program holiday music.
‘Bonnie & Clyde,’ shoot-em-up lovers
Rachel, I try so hard. It’s never enough.
‘Modern Family’ gains in syndication
Real-time buying: Media’s next revolution
Netflix scores another awards first
Best tube bets this weekend
NBC Christmas special soars to seven-year high
- Deirdre Finnegan becomes publisher at EatingWell magazine
- Sam Rosen becomes VP of marketing at The Atlantic
- Eric Schurenberg rises to president at Inc. Magazine
- Nicoletta Santoro becomes creative director at Town&Country
- Claudia Foghini rises to SVP of production strategy at Telemundo
- Leslie Scott rises to digital program director at Entercom
- Todd Porch becomes VP and GM at Comcast Wholesale AdDelivery
- Todd Taplin becomes EVP of global sales at Celtra
- Four join branding firm The Sound Research
- Rick Allen becomes lead race announcer at NBC Sports
- 'Early Start' anchor Zoraida Sambolin exiting CNN
- Ana Jurka becomes on-air personality at Deportes Telemundo
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner in Midtown Manhattan
Media operations coordinator job in New York
Media planner opening in Brooklyn
Media planner/buyer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Media buyer position in Hartford, Conn.