TAB adds bus, rail and transit ad ratings
May 13, 2013
The measurement of out-of-home advertising is taking a step forward.
This summer the Traffic Audit Bureau for Media Measurement will release out-of-home ratings data for transit media in 11 markets, including ads on bus exteriors, interiors for buses, and rail and ad displays in transit stations.
The initial 11 markets covered will be Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Portland and Washington, D.C.
More markets will be added beginning later this year.
TAB says the new system will also measure other forms of moving advertising, such as mobile billboards. The soft rollout of ratings this summer will give advertisers and media people time to get comfortable with the numbers.
Fox’s ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ rebounds
Suddenly scripted series are the rage
Why TV is relying less on advertising
‘Houdini,’ here’s something to get out of
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
Best tube bets this weekend
Little League World Series hits a home run
OOH spending grows, but more slowly
Cable overnights: ‘Chelsea’ goes out with a bang
NBC News president ruffles employees’ feathers
NBC wins Tuesday with growing reality shows
Fox head of sales Jean Rossi is leaving
Forecast: A good but not great 2014
- Colin Barlow rises to COO at GroupM Global
- Three rise in production and development at TLC
- Jonathan Stern becomes head of business development at Fusion
- Hunter Lewis becomes editor at Cooking Light
- Christian Baesler becomes president at Bauer Xcel Media
- Kent Ebersole becomes VP and GM at Active Interest Media
- Terry Duffy rises to group publisher at Palm Beach Media Group
- Chris Lencheski becomes head of sales at Back9Network
- Kei Huang becomes director of analytics at Keek
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren guesting on CBS's 'The Late Show'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media buyer/planner job in Rochester
Needed: Receptionist for a media agency
Media buyer position in Greenville, SC
Digital media analyst job in Greenville, SC
Media planner/buyer opening in Detroit