TAB adds bus, rail and transit ad ratings
May 13, 2013
The measurement of out-of-home advertising is taking a step forward.
This summer the Traffic Audit Bureau for Media Measurement will release out-of-home ratings data for transit media in 11 markets, including ads on bus exteriors, interiors for buses, and rail and ad displays in transit stations.
The initial 11 markets covered will be Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Portland and Washington, D.C.
More markets will be added beginning later this year.
TAB says the new system will also measure other forms of moving advertising, such as mobile billboards. The soft rollout of ratings this summer will give advertisers and media people time to get comfortable with the numbers.
Wow: Netflix lands Adam Sandler movie deal
Where’s the hope for magazines? Mobile.
The season’s top new shows, so far
‘Gracepoint,’ solid remake of Brit drama
So, what’s the future for celebrity magazines?
Finally, the CW’s fall lineup kicks off
Cable overnights: Postseason MLB draws a crowd
Adios, ‘Utopia:’ Fox yanks show’s Tuesday edition
DirecTV hangs on to NFL Sunday Ticket
PBS and CBS lead News & Documentary Emmys
Paper cuts: The New York Times chops jobs
NBC’s ‘Voice’ dominates another Tuesday night
NBC wins premiere week, yet again
- C. Brett Marottoli rises to VP of program acquisitions at Starz
- E! president Suzanne Kolb exits the network
- Sandy Alouete rises to SVP of talent and music programming at VH1
- Jack Foley becomes VP of business development at Westwood One
- Marie Joshi becomes director of strategic partnerships at Adaptly
- Liane Pierce becomes VP of client services at Yieldbot
- Stephanie Pilon becomes head of UK sales at adjust
- Ryan Hansen guesting on CW's upcoming 'iZombie'
- Soap opera writer Sam Hall dies at age 93
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media buyer job in Los Angeles
Media assistant position in Boise, Idaho
Online media buyer position in San Francisco
Senior media planner/buyer job in Des Moines
Needed: Inside multimedia sales rep in Mass.