TAB adds bus, rail and transit ad ratings
May 13, 2013
The measurement of out-of-home advertising is taking a step forward.
This summer the Traffic Audit Bureau for Media Measurement will release out-of-home ratings data for transit media in 11 markets, including ads on bus exteriors, interiors for buses, and rail and ad displays in transit stations.
The initial 11 markets covered will be Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Portland and Washington, D.C.
More markets will be added beginning later this year.
TAB says the new system will also measure other forms of moving advertising, such as mobile billboards. The soft rollout of ratings this summer will give advertisers and media people time to get comfortable with the numbers.
AFC Championship brings in Hispanic viewers
‘Quantico’ gets a lift in its new Monday slot
This year, a more diverse group of Oscar nominees
NFL playoff games dominate on social media
In age of cord cutting, these cable networks are growing
Voice-first devices: Not quite delivering on the hype
More layoffs at Bergen Record and other Jersey papers
Puzzling out Carlos Slim’s bold U.S. ambitions
Mixed results for the AFC and NFC title games
Coming at you: Media Life’s digital radio series
For PBS, a timely look at the environmental movement
CBS finds its Emmy host: Stephen Colbert
NBC’s ‘The Blacklist’ soars with DVR playback
- Haydn Townsend becomes group CEO at Wunderman
- Samantha DiPippo becomes VP of development at Crown Media
- Lindsay Nelson rises to CMO at Vox Media
- Lea Goldman and Tiffanie Darke become editors in chief at A+E Networks
- Nigel Farage becomes a contributor at Fox News Channel
- Alec Baldwin hosting NBC's 'Saturday Night Live'
- Ray Diaz joins the cast of TV Land's 'Lopez'
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner joins ABC's 'Ten Days in the Valley'
- 'Entertainment Tonight' producer Bonnie Tiegel dies
- Former Village Voice columnist Wayne Barrett dies at 71
- Former journalist William A. Hilliard dies at age 89
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York