Study: A third of Millennials eschew broadcast
October 11, 2013
Study after study has shown that cord cutting is not yet a big issue for broadcast.
But a new study suggests it could become one in the coming years.
Thirty-four percent of Millennials, those ages 18-34, do not watch broadcast TV and favor online video, according to a new study by The New York Times to be presented at the INMA Audience Summit.
The study found that 20 percent of Generation X does the same, compared to only 10 percent of Baby Boomers.
As these generations age, undoubtedly future ones will be even more dependent on online video.
The study found that, overall, video hosting sites such as YouTube were the most popular providers of online video, with social media second, TV sites third and news sites fourth.
Of note to advertisers: Fifty-nine percent of respondents said they’re likely to watch a pre-roll ad if it includes a timer telling them the ad is relatively short.
‘Stars’ posts best finale in four seasons
Yet another sweeps victory for NBC
OOH measurement: Where it’s headed
On cable news, wall-to-wall Ferguson
‘Santa Hunters,’ hunt for something else
What will be the big media stories of 2015?
Best tube bets this holiday weekend
Cable overnights: ‘MNF’ takes a hit
Study: Hispanics ahead of the curve for digital
What are your predictions for 2015?
ABC’s ‘Scandal’ wows ‘em on Twitter
Part one of ‘Stars’ finale matches season high
Happy Thanksgiving: What readers are thankful for
- Timothy Mutrie becomes chief strategy officer at Jacob Tyler
- Mark Koelfgen rises to CCO at McGarryBowen
- Paul Shearer becomes Middle East CCO at Ogilvy & Mather
- Matthew Abate becomes ECD at Atmosphere Proximity
- Amy Goldberg and Dan Myers join Starz
- Patti Dennis rises to VP of talent development at Gannett
- Lori Loughlin and Bailee Madison join Hallmark's 'Northpole 2'
- Lenora Crichlow and Spencer Grammer join NBC's 'Mr. Robinson'
- Actor George Eads leaving CBS's 'CSI'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Savvy media buyer needed in Chattanooga
Media planning coordinator wanted in Miami
Digital media planner job in Salt Lake City
Media planner/buyer job in Madison, WI
Needed: Media buyer in Baton Rouge