Study: Most online time spent on Facebook
March 12, 2013
It’s not just your imagination – you are spending more time on Facebook than anywhere else on the web, or at least the collective “you” is.
A new report from comScore networks, analyzing Americans’ surfing patterns, found that 10.8 percent of all online time in December was spent on the social networking site, surpassing No. 2 Google at 10 percent.
Facebook had 150.3 million desktop visitors and 97.7 million mobile visitors. Eighty-three percent of all social networking time is spent on Facebook.
Much of the time spent on Google is devoted to its online video subsidiary, YouTube, which continues to dominate with 188 billion videos streamed last year. By comparison, No. 2 Hulu streamed 8.9 billion.
The No. 3 web property, for all its many troubles, remains Yahoo, which accounted for 7 percent of online time. Microsoft (4.9 percent) and AOL (2.5 percent) also made the top five.
ESPN was the only specialty site to finish in the top 10, ranking 10th at 0.6 percent of time spent online.
Fox just edges rising ABC on Monday
‘X-Files’ premiere soars among DVR viewers
Republican debate tops Democrats on Twitter
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Smaller crowd for this year’s Super Bowl
Readers: Super Bowl ads were pretty ho-hum
Big Super Bowl ad trend: Humor, again
Rising stink over Peyton Manning’s beer quips
Catch the next big wave: Hispanic media
Big question: Can ‘The Muppets’ be saved?
Don’t miss this: The new face of radio
Super Bowl commercials get a big lift online
Fewer ads go viral this Super Bowl
- Mark Andeer becomes CMO at The Escape Pod
- Debbie Myszynski becomes group account director at Frequency540
- Charles Chung becomes executive production director R/GA
- Chris McCumber rises to entertainment president at NBCU Cable
- Nina Lederman becomes EVP of scripted at All3Media America
- Josh Feldman becomes EVP of partnerships at NBCUniversal
- Michael McCarthy becomes reporter and producer at Sporting News
- Anthony Anderson guesting on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Adan Canto joins the cast of ABC's 'Designated Survivor'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager