Study: Most online time spent on Facebook
March 12, 2013
It’s not just your imagination – you are spending more time on Facebook than anywhere else on the web, or at least the collective “you” is.
A new report from comScore networks, analyzing Americans’ surfing patterns, found that 10.8 percent of all online time in December was spent on the social networking site, surpassing No. 2 Google at 10 percent.
Facebook had 150.3 million desktop visitors and 97.7 million mobile visitors. Eighty-three percent of all social networking time is spent on Facebook.
Much of the time spent on Google is devoted to its online video subsidiary, YouTube, which continues to dominate with 188 billion videos streamed last year. By comparison, No. 2 Hulu streamed 8.9 billion.
The No. 3 web property, for all its many troubles, remains Yahoo, which accounted for 7 percent of online time. Microsoft (4.9 percent) and AOL (2.5 percent) also made the top five.
ESPN was the only specialty site to finish in the top 10, ranking 10th at 0.6 percent of time spent online.
NBC makes over Thursday, yet again
Solid start for ABC’s ‘American Crime’
Big shakeup at NBC News, as expected
February sweep’s winners and losers
Whoa: The Hispanic population will double
Nearly everyone’s got a smartphone
‘The Returned,’ just why is the question
Tell us, what’s the mood at your agency?
Best tube bets this weekend 3.6.15
President and CEO fizzle out at TheBlaze
Pew: Race influences local news consumption
More changes at the top at Viacom
Hefty fine for a misleading Snuggie ads
- Tim Libby becomes SVP and digital director at Starcom USA
- Cedric Devitt becomes chief creative officer at Big Spaceship
- Tony Zito rises to CEO at Rakuten Marketing
- Nick Maine, Sam Thompson and Ashraf Mohammad join Digital Pulp
- Scott Bailey becomes automotive president at TEN
- Bill Brink rises to media editor at The New York Times
- Cara Rubinsky rises to associate Europe editor at The AP
- John Strong and Alexi Lalas leading FS1's MLS coverage
- Three join the cast of AMC's 'The Night Manager'
- Griffin Gluck joins NBC comedy pilot 'Cuckoo'
- Martha Stewart among Justin Bieber roasters
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Remote media buyer available for all markets
Offline media buyer job in San Francisco
Spot media buyer wanted in Greenville, S.C.
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager