Study: Mobile will be hot this holiday season
November 7, 2012
With election season over it's time to turn our collective attention to holiday shopping, and for many that means turning to their mobile devices.
While shopping in the stores this holiday season, 66 percent of mobile shoppers will use their devices to compare prices with other stores, according to a survey from Prosper Mobile Insights, while another 60 percent will compare prices with an online retailer.
Many will use their devices to enhance their shopping experiences in other ways as well: 48 percent will read product reviews while in the store to decide between products; 40 percent will "check in" to a store to receive a discount; and another 40 percent will scan a QR code to get more info about a specific product.
Mobile shoppers will use their devices while in the stores, but they'll also use them to actually buy holiday gifts online.
Forty-one percent of those surveyed said they'd buy electronic gifts via mobile, while 39 percent cited books/CDs/DVDs/Blu-rays/video games, 37 percent said clothing or accessories and 36 percent said toys.
Also, 62 percent of those with mobile devices say they're somewhat or very likely to use them to buy gifts on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
To view the report, click here.
Summer’s most DVRed shows: Dramas
Gold Cup final tops Spanish-language TV
Amid controversy, ‘Cait’ does great
British Open final round shines on Twitter
Big bump for ‘Bachelorette’ finale
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
The real growth in digital radio: Mobile
Play the over-the-top guessing game
Summer’s top shows: Oldies mostly
‘Knock Knock Live,’ snore, snore
Tell us your thoughts on radio
For Telemundo, one caliente summer
From Pandora, a new way to listen ad-free
- Julius Dunn becomes director of talent at DDB North America
- Phil Talbot rises to managing partner at DWA
- Jenn Vickery rises to senior director of digital at Nebo
- Kim Tranmer becomes managing director at Leavitt Digital
- Ian Trombley rises to president of operations at NBCUniversal
- Lleni Sandoval rises to VP of human resources at NBCU Hispanic
- Peter Krogh and Jacco de Bruijn join PhotoShelter
- Ashley Gorman and Patricia Childress join syndicated talk show 'FABLife'
- Diane Keaton joins the cast of HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Terry O'Quinn joins the cast of ABC's 'Secrets & Lies'
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta