Study: Mobile will be hot this holiday season
November 7, 2012
With election season over it's time to turn our collective attention to holiday shopping, and for many that means turning to their mobile devices.
While shopping in the stores this holiday season, 66 percent of mobile shoppers will use their devices to compare prices with other stores, according to a survey from Prosper Mobile Insights, while another 60 percent will compare prices with an online retailer.
Many will use their devices to enhance their shopping experiences in other ways as well: 48 percent will read product reviews while in the store to decide between products; 40 percent will "check in" to a store to receive a discount; and another 40 percent will scan a QR code to get more info about a specific product.
Mobile shoppers will use their devices while in the stores, but they'll also use them to actually buy holiday gifts online.
Forty-one percent of those surveyed said they'd buy electronic gifts via mobile, while 39 percent cited books/CDs/DVDs/Blu-rays/video games, 37 percent said clothing or accessories and 36 percent said toys.
Also, 62 percent of those with mobile devices say they're somewhat or very likely to use them to buy gifts on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
To view the report, click here.
The coming political boom for radio
How papers are reaching out to Millennials
Local Super Bowl advertising at a glance
Rachel, my boss doesn’t know when day’s done
So, what are your thoughts on Donald Trump now?
Weekend TV: The zombies are back
Newsweek tears down its paywall
Maybe it’s not quite time for the smartwatch
Cable overnights: Less excitement for Cavs-Lakers
A tight Wednesday night for broadcast
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Our most endangered medium: Direct mail
‘Yes, that billboard was shot on my iPhone’
- Philippe Krakowsky rises to chairman at IPG Mediabrands
- Rodrigo Grau becomes CCO at JWT Latin America
- Charles Thornton becomes VP of digital at the Automotive Ad Agency
- Todd Eisner becomes creative director at barrettSF
- Sarah Katt becomes VP of product development at AccuWeather
- David Pescovitz becomes editor at large at WebbyAwards.com
- Eddie Jordan and Sabine Schmitz join BBC America's 'Top Gear'
- Lee Majors joins Starz' 'Ash vs. Evil Dead'
- Kyle Schmid joins History military drama 'Six'
- Shawn Ashmore joins ABC drama pilot 'Conviction'
- Scott Wilson joins Netflix's 'The OA'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager