Starz impeaches Grammer’s ‘Boss’
November 21, 2012
“Boss” lost its reelection campaign.
Starz has canceled the critically acclaimed drama after two very low-rated seasons, though there’s a small chance the series will wrap up with a two-hour movie.
Starz had such high hopes for “Boss” that it awarded the show a second-season order before it had even debuted its first season in fall of 2011.
But viewership never lived up to the show’s creative promise. Season two bowed to only 317,000 viewers, according to Nielsen, down from 659,000 for its premiere.
Though the show added more viewers through repeat airings and on-demand viewing, that still wasn’t enough to convince Starz of its long-term potential.
But the show did bring some critical cachet to Starz, with star Kelsey Grammer earning a Golden Globe nomination for his starring role as the mayor of Chicago who is dealing with a debilitating disease.
‘Carmichael Show’ grows in week two
The internet of things, commercialized
A stark outlook for Canadian media
Save this: Fall’s TV premiere dates
‘Pickle and Peanut,’ better than most
Catch the next big wave: Hispanic media
Weekend TV: College football kickoff
Study: Hostile couch potatoes at risk of injury
The scoop on Millennials’ viewing habits
Big surge for ‘Señor de los Cielos’
New from Hulu, commercial-free viewing
Rebekah Brooks back at News Corp. Really.
NFL pushes further into streaming
- Kerri Clark rises to VP at Turner Content Distribution
- Amol Jadhav becomes VP of global expansion at The Weather Co.
- Michelle Harper rises to VP of sales at Cox Media Group
- Tom Betts rises to chief data officer at The Financial Times
- Julie Shapiro becomes executive producer at PRX's Radiotopia
- David Hill and Reginald Hudlin producing ABC's Oscars telecast
- Alex Kingston appearing in BBC America's 'Doctor Who' Christmas special
- Eric Stoltz guesting on CBS's 'Madam Secretary'
- Ross Partridge joins the cast of Netflix's 'Stranger Things'
- Sarah Carter joins CBS's 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Ronny Chieng, Desi Lydic and Roy Wood Jr. join ‘The Daily Show’
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois