Starz impeaches Grammer’s ‘Boss’
November 21, 2012
“Boss” lost its reelection campaign.
Starz has canceled the critically acclaimed drama after two very low-rated seasons, though there’s a small chance the series will wrap up with a two-hour movie.
Starz had such high hopes for “Boss” that it awarded the show a second-season order before it had even debuted its first season in fall of 2011.
But viewership never lived up to the show’s creative promise. Season two bowed to only 317,000 viewers, according to Nielsen, down from 659,000 for its premiere.
Though the show added more viewers through repeat airings and on-demand viewing, that still wasn’t enough to convince Starz of its long-term potential.
But the show did bring some critical cachet to Starz, with star Kelsey Grammer earning a Golden Globe nomination for his starring role as the mayor of Chicago who is dealing with a debilitating disease.
The word: Shakeup coming at NBC News
Tweet Yo Self: ‘Parks’ finale scores on Twitter
A decline for Fox’s ‘The Following’
Real identity of Buckingham naked guy
This season’s most time-shifted shows
Behind the push for big data in media
Sacramento: TV is solid, radio strong
‘CSI: Cyber,’ playing to an older crowd
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
‘Dig,’ off we go to Armageddon, again
Now, elsewhere in the Marvel universe
Mort’s mystery man: John Catsimatidis
Rebekah Brooks eyes a return to News Corp.
- Rob Reifenheiser rises to North America managing director at Essence
- James Price becomes SVP of data insights at Outfront Media
- Nick Brien becomes CEO at iCrossing
- Didi Gluck becomes deputy beauty editor at More magazine
- Jeff Dossett becomes chief revenue officer at GOOD Worldwide
- María Lopez-Knowles rises to CMO at Entravision
- Clare Ferguson becomes design director at Marie Claire
- Amy Levin-Epstein becomes executive editor at Serendipity
- Christopher Meloni joins WGN America's 'Underground'
- Elliott Gould joins CBS drama pilot 'Doubt'
- Sarah Chalke joins Fox's '48 Hours 'Til Monday'
- Mark Cuban and Ann Coulter join Syfy's 'Sharknado 3'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Remote media buyer available for all markets
Offline media buyer job in San Francisco
Spot media buyer wanted in Greenville, S.C.
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager