Starz impeaches Grammer’s ‘Boss’
November 21, 2012
“Boss” lost its reelection campaign.
Starz has canceled the critically acclaimed drama after two very low-rated seasons, though there’s a small chance the series will wrap up with a two-hour movie.
Starz had such high hopes for “Boss” that it awarded the show a second-season order before it had even debuted its first season in fall of 2011.
But viewership never lived up to the show’s creative promise. Season two bowed to only 317,000 viewers, according to Nielsen, down from 659,000 for its premiere.
Though the show added more viewers through repeat airings and on-demand viewing, that still wasn’t enough to convince Starz of its long-term potential.
But the show did bring some critical cachet to Starz, with star Kelsey Grammer earning a Golden Globe nomination for his starring role as the mayor of Chicago who is dealing with a debilitating disease.
‘Extant’ returns to a series low
Facebook monetizing booming videos
Record crowd turns out for semifinal win
What’s ailng the U. S. media economy
Dallas: TV builds on furniture spending
Wack job: A Donald Trump rantalogue
‘Hollywood Cycle,’ peddling to nowhere
Weekend TV: Women play for title
Cable overnights: ‘Haves’ hits a high
‘Avenida Brasil’ helps boost Telemundo
Microsoft eases out of display advertising
TV Land yanks ‘Dukes of Hazzard’
Okay start for new drama ‘Zoo’
- Chris Garbutt becomes global creative president at TBWA
- Steve Jun becomes CEO at INNOCEAN Worldwide Americas
- Jon Ruppel becomes creative director at Team One
- Karen Kaufman becomes managing partner at Gain Theory
- Clay Fisher becomes SVP of consumer marketing at The NY Times
- Merope Mills and Paul Lewis rise at Guardian U.S.
- Kurt Hoy becomes content strategy director at Bonnier Motorcycle Group
- Mike Zaneis becomes president and CEO at Trustworthy Accountability Group
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta
Media planner position in Minneapolis
Media buyer position in Sacramento