Spotted at RNC: ‘Our next president will not be elected’
July 21, 2016
If you’ve been tooling around Cleveland during the Republican National Convention, you may have noticed a somewhat ominous message. It has appeared on trains in the RNC market, as well as on the digital screens in taxis.
Both CNN and Fox News have also aired the message: “Our next president will not be elected.”
It may have caused you to pause before you realize where the message came from.
No, it’s not some weird third-party splinter group dogging the Republicans.
In the drama, Sutherland plays the U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. He is assigned to serve as the designated survivor (cabinet member who sits out the annual State of the Union address) and becomes president following a terrorist attack during the speech.
Ad will also appear in Philadelphia
ABC is smartly promoting the political drama during this week’s convention in Cleveland, where politics is top of mind. It will do the same with the same message next week at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.
In fact, next week’s promotion will be even more extensive. It will include bus ads, full train wraps and 15-second digital ads on screens in the busy AT&T Station transit hub.
In addition to the TV and out-of-home elements of the campaign, ABC Radio is using the tagline during its coverage of both conventions.
New York leads the Ellie nominations, once again
CBS’s ‘Hunted’: Little hope of sustaining its big bow
Best of the week: On the origins of fake news
In this digital age, the allure of alternative OOH
Digital radio: A primer for media planners and buyers
Weekend TV: ‘Beaches’ for a new generation
Cable overnights: Good start for ‘Six’ on History
Warriors-Cavs sets three-year high on TNT
The rundown on media coverage of the inauguration
New sitcom ‘Speechless’ tops a slow Wednesday
Puzzling out Carlos Slim’s bold U.S. ambitions
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
This week’s broadcast ratings
- Michael Lieberman becomes CSO at Kinetic Worldwide
- Ryan Haskins becomes director of media at Figliulo&Partners
- Deborah Furey becomes SVP of strategy at Wunderman Health
- Martin McDonald becomes VP of strategic sales at V Digital Services
- Bob Johns becomes chief revenue officer at Big Outdoor
- Chris Brooks rises to EVP of distribution at CW
- Salil Mehta becomes president at FoxNext
- David Perpich becomes president and GM at The Wirecutter
- Jessica Sebor and Aaron Hersh rise at Competitor Group
- Jeff Hackett joins and Mike Owen rises at AdColony
- James Frain joins CBS All Access' 'Star Trek: Discovery'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York