Showtime dramas surge to series bests
December 12, 2012
Sunday night was a good one on two fronts for Showtime.
The cable network's long-running drama "Dexter" averaged 2.6 million total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen, a series high surpassing the season four finale, which averaged 2.57 million.
That was also up 25 percent from the previous week's episode, which averaged 2.1 million viewers.
Including an encore airing, "Dexter" averaged 3.08 million total viewers for the night, also breaking a record previously held by the fourth-season finale.
Not to be outdone, "Dexter" lead-out "Homeland" also set a series high, averaging 2.36 million total viewers in the 10 p.m. hour, beating the 2.2 million the previous week's episode averaged.
The numbers bode well for the season finales of both "Dexter" and "Homeland," which air on Sunday night. Season-to-date "Dexter" is up 12 percent versus last season, while best drama Emmy winner "Homeland" is up 35 percent.
ABC’s ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ grows in later timeslot
A stunt that goes over the rainbow
New from Kantar, a programmatic buying tool
ABC slips ahead of NBC in nightly news
Behind the coming changes in the upfront
Poor MTV: Hot on Twitter, less so on TV
‘Real History of Science Fiction,’ fun
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
Pucker up: It’s NHL playoff time
CBS on Chelsea Handler: Not gonna happen
Yet another big social network acquisition
Starting today, a new paper for LA
Big events spark huge Twitter buzz
- Paul Longo becomes managing director at Accordant Media
- Kristy Kneiding becomes public relations manager at Cord Media
- Marc d'Avignon and Jay Berry become ECDs at Translation
- Courteney Monroe rises to CEO at National Geographic Channels
- Rita Mullin rises to general manager at Science Channel
- Alan Chartrand becomes Boston market president at Clear Channel
- John Wattiker rises to international fashion manager at Esquire
- Raj Choudhury becomes chief executive at BLiNQ Media
- Jason Shulman becomes SVP of sales at Vdopia
- ABC Entertainment president Paul Lee signs new deal
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media planner/buyer opening in Austin
Online media buyer position in Provo, Utah
Digital media planner/buyer job in Minneapolis
Senior media planner job in Dallas/Fort Worth
Media buyer/planner wanted in Scottsdale, Ariz.