Showtime dramas surge to series bests
December 12, 2012
Sunday night was a good one on two fronts for Showtime.
The cable network's long-running drama "Dexter" averaged 2.6 million total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen, a series high surpassing the season four finale, which averaged 2.57 million.
That was also up 25 percent from the previous week's episode, which averaged 2.1 million viewers.
Including an encore airing, "Dexter" averaged 3.08 million total viewers for the night, also breaking a record previously held by the fourth-season finale.
Not to be outdone, "Dexter" lead-out "Homeland" also set a series high, averaging 2.36 million total viewers in the 10 p.m. hour, beating the 2.2 million the previous week's episode averaged.
The numbers bode well for the season finales of both "Dexter" and "Homeland," which air on Sunday night. Season-to-date "Dexter" is up 12 percent versus last season, while best drama Emmy winner "Homeland" is up 35 percent.
‘Thursday Night Football’ goes out on top
No new shows have been axed. Why?
Magazines’ one area of hurt: On PCs
‘Death Comes to Pemberley,’ dear Jane
Rachel, I’ve gone years with no raise
Tell us, what’s your take on Martha Stewart?
Best tube bets this weekend
World Series viewership rises in Game 2
Behind AMC’s decision to buy into BBC America
Final cable upfront tally: Down from last year
There goes ‘Honey Boo Boo?’ Show may be done.
FCC: Media mega-mergers are on hold
Competition holds up against World Series
- Matt Herrmann becomes CSO at Pereira & O’Dell
- Jeff Maldavir rises to VP of client services at Millennium Communications
- Peter Lattman rises to deputy business editor at The NY Times
- Boris Gartner becomes chief strategy officer at Fusion
- Paul Greenberg becomes CEO at Nylon Media
- Andrew Horlick rises to VP of sales at Bidtellect
- Courtney Love joins the cast of Fox's 'Empire’
- Steve Coogan replacing late Philip Seymour Hoffman in Showtime's 'Happyish'
- Michelle Trachtenberg guesting on Fox's 'Sleepy Hollow'
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media buyer/planner job in Norcross, Georgia
Associate media planner wanted in Chicago