Showtime dramas surge to series bests
December 12, 2012
Sunday night was a good one on two fronts for Showtime.
The cable network's long-running drama "Dexter" averaged 2.6 million total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen, a series high surpassing the season four finale, which averaged 2.57 million.
That was also up 25 percent from the previous week's episode, which averaged 2.1 million viewers.
Including an encore airing, "Dexter" averaged 3.08 million total viewers for the night, also breaking a record previously held by the fourth-season finale.
Not to be outdone, "Dexter" lead-out "Homeland" also set a series high, averaging 2.36 million total viewers in the 10 p.m. hour, beating the 2.2 million the previous week's episode averaged.
The numbers bode well for the season finales of both "Dexter" and "Homeland," which air on Sunday night. Season-to-date "Dexter" is up 12 percent versus last season, while best drama Emmy winner "Homeland" is up 35 percent.
Fox’s ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ rebounds
Suddenly scripted series are the rage
Why TV is relying less on advertising
‘Houdini,’ here’s something to get out of
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
Best tube bets this weekend
Little League World Series hits a home run
OOH spending grows, but more slowly
Cable overnights: ‘Chelsea’ goes out with a bang
NBC News president ruffles employees’ feathers
NBC wins Tuesday with growing reality shows
Fox head of sales Jean Rossi is leaving
Forecast: A good but not great 2014
- Colin Barlow rises to COO at GroupM Global
- Three rise in production and development at TLC
- Jonathan Stern becomes head of business development at Fusion
- Hunter Lewis becomes editor at Cooking Light
- Christian Baesler becomes president at Bauer Xcel Media
- Kent Ebersole becomes VP and GM at Active Interest Media
- Terry Duffy rises to group publisher at Palm Beach Media Group
- Chris Lencheski becomes head of sales at Back9Network
- Kei Huang becomes director of analytics at Keek
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren guesting on CBS's 'The Late Show'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Junior media planner job in the Washington area
Senior media buyer/planner job in Rochester
Needed: Receptionist for a media agency
Media buyer position in Greenville, SC
Digital media analyst job in Greenville, SC