Showtime dramas surge to series bests
December 12, 2012
Sunday night was a good one on two fronts for Showtime.
The cable network's long-running drama "Dexter" averaged 2.6 million total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen, a series high surpassing the season four finale, which averaged 2.57 million.
That was also up 25 percent from the previous week's episode, which averaged 2.1 million viewers.
Including an encore airing, "Dexter" averaged 3.08 million total viewers for the night, also breaking a record previously held by the fourth-season finale.
Not to be outdone, "Dexter" lead-out "Homeland" also set a series high, averaging 2.36 million total viewers in the 10 p.m. hour, beating the 2.2 million the previous week's episode averaged.
The numbers bode well for the season finales of both "Dexter" and "Homeland," which air on Sunday night. Season-to-date "Dexter" is up 12 percent versus last season, while best drama Emmy winner "Homeland" is up 35 percent.
The outlook for Black Friday: Strong
About those Nazi symbols on the subway
ABC’s AMAs telecast holds strong on Twitter
Advertisers: Get us third-party viewability data
NBC dominates the November sweep
Six mantras for newspaper sales reps
‘Dancing with the Stars’ hits season high
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Laying bets on ‘Thursday Night Football’
Understanding the Hispanic shopper
Behind OOH’s strong third quarter
Laugh and cry and pas de bourree
The word: NBC settles latest Trump dustup
- HLN general manager Albie Hecht exits
- Keith Kazerman becomes head of ad sales strategy at Discovery
- John Geddes becomes political editor at Bloomberg Politics
- Michelle Dvorkin becomes EVP of human resources at XO Group
- David U. Simon becomes chief marketing officer at Social Flow
- Matt Bomer starring in Amazon's 'The Last Tycoon'
- Taraji P. Henson and Terrence Howard hosting Fox special
- LL Cool J hosting CBS's 'A Home for the Holidays'
- Al Roker and Hoda Kotb hosting NBC's Rose Parade coverage
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck leaving Fox News Channel
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in Boston
Assistant media planner job in Torrance, Calif.
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York