Showtime dramas surge to series bests
December 12, 2012
Sunday night was a good one on two fronts for Showtime.
The cable network's long-running drama "Dexter" averaged 2.6 million total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen, a series high surpassing the season four finale, which averaged 2.57 million.
That was also up 25 percent from the previous week's episode, which averaged 2.1 million viewers.
Including an encore airing, "Dexter" averaged 3.08 million total viewers for the night, also breaking a record previously held by the fourth-season finale.
Not to be outdone, "Dexter" lead-out "Homeland" also set a series high, averaging 2.36 million total viewers in the 10 p.m. hour, beating the 2.2 million the previous week's episode averaged.
The numbers bode well for the season finales of both "Dexter" and "Homeland," which air on Sunday night. Season-to-date "Dexter" is up 12 percent versus last season, while best drama Emmy winner "Homeland" is up 35 percent.
Two more summer shows get the axe
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
‘Married,’ funny, yes. Deep? No.
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
For Fox, extra helpings of chef Ramsay
No ‘Jump of the Century’ after all
Cable overnights: ‘Rizzoli’ rises in 18-49s
A college radio fundraiser gone awry
Won’t you help Jon Stewart buy CNN?
Huge management shakeup at Conde Nast
Lukewarm debut for NBC’s ‘Food Fighters’
This summer’s winners and losers
The future for Forbes and other business titles
- Shoshana Winter becomes executive planning director at mcgarrybowen
- Danna Castiglia rises to VP of business development at CBS News
- Tim Pastore becomes programming president at National Geographic Channel
- Bill Cox and Walter Naar join Grit and Escape
- Nick Catucci becomes features editor at Billboard
- Paul Cushman becomes chief revenue officer at Dstillery
- Michelle Fairley joins the cast of ABC's 'Resurrection'
- Shemar Moore returning to CBS's 'Young and the Restless'
- Lucy Lawless joins ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Cast of 'Orange is the New Black' guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford