Showtime dramas surge to series bests
December 12, 2012
Sunday night was a good one on two fronts for Showtime.
The cable network's long-running drama "Dexter" averaged 2.6 million total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen, a series high surpassing the season four finale, which averaged 2.57 million.
That was also up 25 percent from the previous week's episode, which averaged 2.1 million viewers.
Including an encore airing, "Dexter" averaged 3.08 million total viewers for the night, also breaking a record previously held by the fourth-season finale.
Not to be outdone, "Dexter" lead-out "Homeland" also set a series high, averaging 2.36 million total viewers in the 10 p.m. hour, beating the 2.2 million the previous week's episode averaged.
The numbers bode well for the season finales of both "Dexter" and "Homeland," which air on Sunday night. Season-to-date "Dexter" is up 12 percent versus last season, while best drama Emmy winner "Homeland" is up 35 percent.
You guessed it, another record for ‘Empire’
The hottest social network: Instagram
Who’s watching ‘House of Cards,’ anyway?
How kids consume different media
‘American Crime,’ storytelling at its best
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
For ‘The Odd Couple,’ a good fit
Cable overnights: Kentucky win lifts ESPN
The scoop on HBO’s over the top service
Instagram adds clickable links to ads
Fuse upfront: Moving beyond music
Study: Who got the most face time during Oscars
Big surge for NBC’s ‘The Voice’
- Katherine Nelson becomes SVP of communications at Syfy
- Pam Thompson becomes executive account director at Food Network Magazine
- Charo Henriquez becomes executive editor at PeopleEnEspanol.com
- Michael D. Gottlieb joins National Journal's Policy Brands Roundtable
- Will Brantley becomes hunting editor at Field & Stream
- Liza Landsman becomes chief customer officer at Jet.com
- Seven rise at digital advertising company Sizmek
- Jason Baadsgaard becomes chief revenue officer at Eyeview
- Michael Hirst signs development deal at A+E Studios
- Four join CBS/TNT's NCAA Tournament coverage
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Remote media buyer available for all markets
Offline media buyer job in San Francisco
Spot media buyer wanted in Greenville, S.C.
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager