Shoppers: Apple is most inspiring to us
October 2, 2012
The late Steve Jobs always pushed his team at Apple to put the customer experience first, even if that meant delaying a new product rollout or spending hours obsessing over how to fix a small glitch.
That approach has paid off for Apple.
The company came out on top for the second straight year in a poll that asked U.S. shoppers which brand they found “most inspiring.”
The survey, conducted by the consultancy Performance Inspired, also found that customers feel Apple lets them be creative. They associated the words innovative and fun with the company.
Walmart ranked second in the poll, with shoppers lauding its low prices and friendly atmosphere. Apparently those greeters are good for something.
Google placed third, with participants describing it as informative and nice.
Chick-fil-A, which has been immersed in controversy over its funding of groups that oppose gay marriage, also rated highly in the poll, finishing seventh behind Target, Microsoft and Amazon.
Want to reach Hispanics? Try mobile ads.
MTV’s VMAs set a new Twitter TV record
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Summer’s top shows among Millennials
The future of agencies: Mining for data
Denver: TV and radio spending are flat
‘Hand of God,’ off to parts unknown
Boost your media IQ. Sign up here.
For this ‘Tyrant,’ an uncertain future
CBS cancels ‘Under the Dome’
Nielsen: TV households stay the same
Binge viewing can kill you. Seriously.
ABC’s ‘Rookie Blue’ doubles with DVR
- James Gaddy becomes deputy editor at Bloomberg Pursuits
- Josh Stinchcomb and Dirk Standen join 23 Stories
- Leslie dela Vega becomes digital director of photography at Rolling Stone
- Laura Vogel becomes senior digital editor at Condé Nast Traveler
- Lana Zak becomes multi-platform reporter at ABC News
- Bryana Salaz joins Fox's upcoming 'Urban Cowboy'
- Jon Rudnitsky joins NBC's 'Saturday Night Live'
- Steven Pasquale joins the cast of CBS's 'Doubt'
- Nicole Scherzinger joins NBC's 'Best Time Ever'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois