Shoppers: Apple is most inspiring to us
October 2, 2012
The late Steve Jobs always pushed his team at Apple to put the customer experience first, even if that meant delaying a new product rollout or spending hours obsessing over how to fix a small glitch.
That approach has paid off for Apple.
The company came out on top for the second straight year in a poll that asked U.S. shoppers which brand they found “most inspiring.”
The survey, conducted by the consultancy Performance Inspired, also found that customers feel Apple lets them be creative. They associated the words innovative and fun with the company.
Walmart ranked second in the poll, with shoppers lauding its low prices and friendly atmosphere. Apparently those greeters are good for something.
Google placed third, with participants describing it as informative and nice.
Chick-fil-A, which has been immersed in controversy over its funding of groups that oppose gay marriage, also rated highly in the poll, finishing seventh behind Target, Microsoft and Amazon.
NBC’s ‘Nightly News’ tops the competition
ABC wins the first Friday of February sweeps
A strong sendoff for NBC’s ‘Parenthood’
Readers: It will be a record Super Bowl
The rest of the best of the Super Bowl
‘Kids Baking Championship,’ what fun
Rachel, the stress from work is too much
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘Americans’ dips slightly
New from Snapchat, meet Discover
Survey: Native advertising will soar this year
Coming soon: Nick without the cable bill
- Jeremy Gibney and Rob Esmundo join San Francisco agency Eleven
- Paul Pastor becomes EVP of network strategy at Discovery Channel
- Amy Hyland and Justin Nesci rise at Nickelodeon
- Pete Rumpel becomes chief sales officer at ABI Research
- Lincoln Lopez becomes VP and GM of social media at Univision
- Jim Lawson becomes regional manager at iHeartMedia
- John Reiss rises to executive producer at NBC's 'Meet the Press'
- Roberto Ruiz becomes news anchor at Azteca America
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS's 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Looking to fill a media planner job in Chicago
Senior media connections planner/buyer in Columbus
Assistant media buyer opening in San Francisco
Digital media buyer job in Minneapolis
Programmatic media planner wanted in New York