Shoppers: Apple is most inspiring to us
October 2, 2012
The late Steve Jobs always pushed his team at Apple to put the customer experience first, even if that meant delaying a new product rollout or spending hours obsessing over how to fix a small glitch.
That approach has paid off for Apple.
The company came out on top for the second straight year in a poll that asked U.S. shoppers which brand they found “most inspiring.”
The survey, conducted by the consultancy Performance Inspired, also found that customers feel Apple lets them be creative. They associated the words innovative and fun with the company.
Walmart ranked second in the poll, with shoppers lauding its low prices and friendly atmosphere. Apparently those greeters are good for something.
Google placed third, with participants describing it as informative and nice.
Chick-fil-A, which has been immersed in controversy over its funding of groups that oppose gay marriage, also rated highly in the poll, finishing seventh behind Target, Microsoft and Amazon.
Another series low for ‘American Idol’
‘Duck’ flies higher after season low
Disney Interactive chops 700 jobs
NBC’s dilemma: Whither ‘Community’?
‘Late Night With Seth Meyers,’ go to bed
Rachel, I’ve been stuck bigtime by co-workers
‘Resurrection,’ it’s got a shot
Tell us, are you happy with your salary?
Best tube bets this weekend
Shocker: Isaiah Washington back on ‘Grey’s’
ABC, CBS and Fox bounce back on Wednesday
RJ Palmer, Varick and TargetCast merge into Assembly
Pew: Pope’s getting good buzz on Twitter
- Heather Sandford becomes digital media manager at Ad Partners
- Martin Mohr becomes creative director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Carlos Sanchez becomes EVP and GM at Fox Deportes
- Greg Daniel, Laura Nelson, Saul Rosenberg and Marcy Shinder join Nielsen
- Liz Coddington and Melissa Stein join Adara Global
- Akiba Solomon becomes editorial director at Colorlines
- Matthew Galkin rises to partner at Warrior Poets
- Carlos Hermosillo joins Telemundo's sportscasting team
- Brooke Burke-Charvet guesting on ABC Family's 'Melissa & Joey'
- Gabriel Luna starring in El Rey Network's 'Matador'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior planner/buyer opening in Daytona Beach
Media coordinator job in Anchroage
Media planner opening in San Francisco
Media planner/buyer opening in Ancorage
Online marketing media buyer in Camas, Wash.