Shoppers: Apple is most inspiring to us
October 2, 2012
The late Steve Jobs always pushed his team at Apple to put the customer experience first, even if that meant delaying a new product rollout or spending hours obsessing over how to fix a small glitch.
That approach has paid off for Apple.
The company came out on top for the second straight year in a poll that asked U.S. shoppers which brand they found “most inspiring.”
The survey, conducted by the consultancy Performance Inspired, also found that customers feel Apple lets them be creative. They associated the words innovative and fun with the company.
Walmart ranked second in the poll, with shoppers lauding its low prices and friendly atmosphere. Apparently those greeters are good for something.
Google placed third, with participants describing it as informative and nice.
Chick-fil-A, which has been immersed in controversy over its funding of groups that oppose gay marriage, also rated highly in the poll, finishing seventh behind Target, Microsoft and Amazon.
A&E cancels top scripted show ‘Longmire’
Study: Mobile app ads get higher CTR
Netflix pays big bucks for ‘The Blacklist’
Fox’s ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ rebounds
Suddenly scripted series are the rage
Why TV is relying less on advertising
‘Houdini,’ here’s something to get out of
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
Best tube bets this weekend
Little League World Series hits a home run
OOH spending grows, but more slowly
Cable overnights: ‘Chelsea’ goes out with a bang
NBC News president ruffles employees’ feathers
- Colin Barlow rises to COO at GroupM Global
- Three rise in production and development at TLC
- Jonathan Stern becomes head of business development at Fusion
- Hunter Lewis becomes editor at Cooking Light
- Christian Baesler becomes president at Bauer Xcel Media
- Kent Ebersole becomes VP and GM at Active Interest Media
- Terry Duffy rises to group publisher at Palm Beach Media Group
- Chris Lencheski becomes head of sales at Back9Network
- Kei Huang becomes director of analytics at Keek
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren guesting on CBS's 'The Late Show'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Junior media planner job in the Washington area
Senior media buyer/planner job in Rochester
Needed: Receptionist for a media agency
Media buyer position in Greenville, SC
Digital media analyst job in Greenville, SC