Shoppers: Apple is most inspiring to us
October 2, 2012
The late Steve Jobs always pushed his team at Apple to put the customer experience first, even if that meant delaying a new product rollout or spending hours obsessing over how to fix a small glitch.
That approach has paid off for Apple.
The company came out on top for the second straight year in a poll that asked U.S. shoppers which brand they found “most inspiring.”
The survey, conducted by the consultancy Performance Inspired, also found that customers feel Apple lets them be creative. They associated the words innovative and fun with the company.
Walmart ranked second in the poll, with shoppers lauding its low prices and friendly atmosphere. Apparently those greeters are good for something.
Google placed third, with participants describing it as informative and nice.
Chick-fil-A, which has been immersed in controversy over its funding of groups that oppose gay marriage, also rated highly in the poll, finishing seventh behind Target, Microsoft and Amazon.
Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9 million
‘Grey’s Anatomy’ grows with plot twist
Why the Empire State Building is red
Comcast confirms: TWC deal is dead
Nielsen: Cord cutting’s no big deal
Washington, D.C.: TV remains strong
‘Happyish,’ happyish in spite of itself
Rachel, this rep’s driving me bonkers
So, what network will win May sweeps?
Weekend TV: Sweeps stunts & sports
Cable overnights: MTV’s ‘Catfish’ surges
Ovation upfront: Eying consistency
ABC and CBS tie for No. 1 on Wednesday
- Patty Jones, Michelle Kitchen and Melanie Johnston rise at DDB Canada
- Jamie Horowitz becomes president at Fox Sports National Networks
- Three rise to SVPs of advertising at The New York Times
- Ariff Sidi becomes SVP of digital products at Fox
- Tuwisha Rogers becomes VP of brand leadership at One Solution
- Bill Siwicki becomes VP of mobile strategy at GPShopper
- Edward D. Ciofani becomes CEO at WhereverTV Broadcasting
- Franz Drameh joins the cast of CW's 'Arrow' and "Flash' spinoff
- Ray Romano hosting David Letterman primetime special
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
Assistant media planner wanted in San Francisco
Media planner position open in Charlotte
Media planner and content manager opportunity
Agency sales opening in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Freelance senior media planner job in Seattle