Shoppers: Apple is most inspiring to us
October 2, 2012
The late Steve Jobs always pushed his team at Apple to put the customer experience first, even if that meant delaying a new product rollout or spending hours obsessing over how to fix a small glitch.
That approach has paid off for Apple.
The company came out on top for the second straight year in a poll that asked U.S. shoppers which brand they found “most inspiring.”
The survey, conducted by the consultancy Performance Inspired, also found that customers feel Apple lets them be creative. They associated the words innovative and fun with the company.
Walmart ranked second in the poll, with shoppers lauding its low prices and friendly atmosphere. Apparently those greeters are good for something.
Google placed third, with participants describing it as informative and nice.
Chick-fil-A, which has been immersed in controversy over its funding of groups that oppose gay marriage, also rated highly in the poll, finishing seventh behind Target, Microsoft and Amazon.
‘Big Brother’ lifts CBS to Wednesday win
A media buyer’s guide to the Emmys
Ferguson kicks up cable news ratings
‘BoJack Horseman,’ amusing even so
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
‘The Simpsons’ again, again, and again
Cable overnights: Comedy reruns top Tuesday
Hearst tries a Millennial magazine in NYC
NBC cancels ‘Working the Engels’
Two chances to see ‘Madam Secretary’
FX renews ‘Strain’ for season two
‘America’s Got Talent’ boosts NBC to No. 1
Readers: New faces will win Emmys
- Neil Munn rises to global CEO at BBH
- Kim Heneghan joins and Kim Castro rises at U.S. News & World Report
- Patty Adams Martinez, Busra Erkara and Mickey Stanley join Nylon
- Kevin Frazier becomes co-host at 'Entertainment Tonight'
- Rachel Brosnahan joins CBS's 'The Dovekeepers'
- Eva Longoria guesting on Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Megan Mullally and Natalie Morales guesting on 'Parks and Recreation'
- Tony Shalhoub joins the cast of Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Emmy-winning animator Liz Holzman dies at age 61
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner/buyer opening in Detroit
Senior media planner/buyer job in Phoenix
Opening for an associate media director in SF
Media buyer opening in Milwaukee
Manager of media planning job in Dallas