Report: Local mobile ad spending will hit $9.1B
April 5, 2013
Little wonder that Facebook is pushing further into the mobile market.
A new report from BIA/Kelsey, a local advertising tracking firm in Virginia, forecasts that U.S. mobile ad spending will go from $3.2 billion last year to $16.8 billion by 2017.
Local spending will rise from 0.9 percent of all local media ad revenue to 6.1 percent, from $1.2 billion in 2012 to $9.1 billion in 2017. That’s a compound annual growth rate of 49.3 percent.
Locally targeted ads will grow from 38 percent of all mobile spending to 54 percent.
What’s driving this change? The entrance of small business into the local mobile ad space, for one thing.
But innovation in ad serving and the greater adoption of local mobile by national businesses will also help push up expenditures.
‘CBS This Morning’ jumps over last year
‘The Willis Family,’ winsome, maybe too
ABC wins second Thursday of sweep
David Letterman by the numbers
Viacom: We’re writing upfront deals
OOH’s top priority: A leap in technology
ABC takes the early lead in May sweep
This fall, expect to see more dramas
Time Inc.: We’re a multimedia company
‘Mysteries at the National Parks,’ dumb
Will NBC bring Brian Williams back?
Weekend TV: Hockey, boxing, finales
Nielsen: OTT measurements are coming
- Lalita Koehler becomes executive director Saatchi & Saatchi LA
- John Zidich becomes president of domestic publishing at Gannett
- Dan Silver becomes executive producer at ABC News Digital
- Cliff Levy rises to assistant editor at The New York Times
- Mieke ten Have and Senga Mortimer join Elle Décor
- Roger Solé becomes SVP of the Hispanic market at Sprint
- Susan Danaher becomes brand ambassador at Centriply
- Kristin Cavallari and Dick Butkus starring in NFL web series
- Bill Engvall appearing on 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire’
- James Purefoy joins SundanceTV's 'Hap and Leonard'
- Matt Cedeño joins the cast of Syfy's 'Z Nation'
- Francesca Eastwood and Pruitt Taylor Vince join NBC's 'Heroes Reborn'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Wanted: Digital sales planner in New York
Experienced media strategist available
Associate comms director opening in Boston
Assistant media planner wanted in San Francisco
Media planner and content manager opportunity