Report: Local mobile ad spending will hit $9.1B
April 5, 2013
Little wonder that Facebook is pushing further into the mobile market.
A new report from BIA/Kelsey, a local advertising tracking firm in Virginia, forecasts that U.S. mobile ad spending will go from $3.2 billion last year to $16.8 billion by 2017.
Local spending will rise from 0.9 percent of all local media ad revenue to 6.1 percent, from $1.2 billion in 2012 to $9.1 billion in 2017. That’s a compound annual growth rate of 49.3 percent.
Locally targeted ads will grow from 38 percent of all mobile spending to 54 percent.
What’s driving this change? The entrance of small business into the local mobile ad space, for one thing.
But innovation in ad serving and the greater adoption of local mobile by national businesses will also help push up expenditures.
Summer’s DVR winners: ‘Pines’ and ‘Dome’
UFC fight pounds the Twitter competition
Coming, a new way to listen to FM radio
Study: Think digital video, think mobile
Whoa, wild animals lit brightly at night
‘Life in Pieces,’ lacking instructions
Tell us your thoughts on radio
Jamming with country’s top acts
AT&T makes its first DirecTV play
Why ratings decline: A case study
American Journalism Review is no more
Goodbye MundoFox, hello MundoMax
Time Inc.: We’ll give you more ways to target
- Jennifer Gerstenblatt rises to VP of current programming at ABC Family
- Elizabeth Anne Shaw becomes editor in chief at FamilyFun
- Marcy Polanco becomes VP of marketing at CÜR Media
- Brett Eldredge becomes a judge on ABC's Miss America
- Adam Busch joins Fox's 'Empire' and USA's 'Colony'
- Andre Benjamin joins the cast of ABC's 'American Crime'
- Ian McShane joins HBO's 'Game of Thrones'
- Raven-Symone guesting on Disney Channel's 'K.C. Undercover'
- Writer and NPR commentator Alan Cheuse dies at age 75
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois