Report: Local mobile ad spending will hit $9.1B
April 5, 2013
Little wonder that Facebook is pushing further into the mobile market.
A new report from BIA/Kelsey, a local advertising tracking firm in Virginia, forecasts that U.S. mobile ad spending will go from $3.2 billion last year to $16.8 billion by 2017.
Local spending will rise from 0.9 percent of all local media ad revenue to 6.1 percent, from $1.2 billion in 2012 to $9.1 billion in 2017. That’s a compound annual growth rate of 49.3 percent.
Locally targeted ads will grow from 38 percent of all mobile spending to 54 percent.
What’s driving this change? The entrance of small business into the local mobile ad space, for one thing.
But innovation in ad serving and the greater adoption of local mobile by national businesses will also help push up expenditures.
Economist: We’re selling views, not CPMs
A good beginning for ‘The Mysteries of Laura’
For Fox, some rougher times ahead
Jon Swallen on changes in the media economy
Welcome to Central Perk, 20 years later
‘Tim & Eric’s Bedtime Stories,’ sip a few
Tell us, which new fall TV shows will survive?
For buff dating, some boffo ratings
Cable overnights: ‘Sons of Anarchy’ stays No. 1
Study: TV still dominates video time
There she is (on Twitter), Miss America
Networks to media: DVRs are really, really important
Big jump for penultimate ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Sue Frogley becomes global commercial director at SMG
- Bev Yehuda becomes SVP of operations at D S Simon
- Kristin Hambelton becomes CMO at Evariant
- Craig Marks and Tom Morrissy out at Spin Media
- Brian Allers becomes VP of the local division at TVB
- Seven join the talent lineup at Back9Network
- Darrell Hammond becomes announcer on NBC's 'SNL'
- Aubrey Plaza joins Lifetime's 'Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever'
- James D’Arcy joins the cast of ABC's 'Agent Carter'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Needed ASAP: Media buyer in Fort Worth
Job for media buyer/planner with DC PR agency
Programmatic media buyer job in York, Pennsylvania
Media buyer opening in Las Vegas
Immediate opening for a media buyer/planner