Report: Local mobile ad spending will hit $9.1B
April 5, 2013
Little wonder that Facebook is pushing further into the mobile market.
A new report from BIA/Kelsey, a local advertising tracking firm in Virginia, forecasts that U.S. mobile ad spending will go from $3.2 billion last year to $16.8 billion by 2017.
Local spending will rise from 0.9 percent of all local media ad revenue to 6.1 percent, from $1.2 billion in 2012 to $9.1 billion in 2017. That’s a compound annual growth rate of 49.3 percent.
Locally targeted ads will grow from 38 percent of all mobile spending to 54 percent.
What’s driving this change? The entrance of small business into the local mobile ad space, for one thing.
But innovation in ad serving and the greater adoption of local mobile by national businesses will also help push up expenditures.
ABC wins first night of November sweeps
Game 7 smacks a home run for Fox
A buyer’s primer on out of home measurement
‘Olive Kitteridge,’ fine tale brilliantly told
Rachel, talk to me about networking
The new frontier: Digital out of home
Best tube bets this weekend
So, who will win the November sweeps?
The complete TV schedule for election night
‘Sleepy Hollow’ scares up some buzz with Lyft
NBC Universal renews Meredith Vieira’s show
Native advertising gives NY Times a lift
NBC keeps on riding the Breeder’s Cup
- Jessie McGuire becomes U.S. strategy director at Elmwood
- Greg McAlinden becomes creative director at ODD
- Nick Ascheim rises and Shaun Hekking joins at BBC Worldwide
- Jonathan Hills becomes VP of digital media at Bravo Media
- Debbie Reichig becomes SVP of sales research at Twentieth TV
- Isaac Payam Ahdout becomes SVP of engineering at Tapad
- Fred Melamed joins Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Lily Rabe appearing on FX's 'American Horror Story'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
- Joel McHale remaining host of E!’s ‘The Soup’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer wanted in Las Vegas
Junior media buyer opening in Venice, California
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin