Report: Local mobile ad spending will hit $9.1B
April 5, 2013
Little wonder that Facebook is pushing further into the mobile market.
A new report from BIA/Kelsey, a local advertising tracking firm in Virginia, forecasts that U.S. mobile ad spending will go from $3.2 billion last year to $16.8 billion by 2017.
Local spending will rise from 0.9 percent of all local media ad revenue to 6.1 percent, from $1.2 billion in 2012 to $9.1 billion in 2017. That’s a compound annual growth rate of 49.3 percent.
Locally targeted ads will grow from 38 percent of all mobile spending to 54 percent.
What’s driving this change? The entrance of small business into the local mobile ad space, for one thing.
But innovation in ad serving and the greater adoption of local mobile by national businesses will also help push up expenditures.
Big audience for ‘Bonnie,’ but no record
For a month only, SpongeBob MailPants
Football lifts Fox’s animated lineup
Ad spending in 2014: Still a slow go
The word: Mansueto eyeing Forbes
Friday overnights: NBC continues win streak
For newspapers, the hard task of change
Here they come: The 2014 ad spending forecasts
Saturday overnights: Fox scores with Big Ten
‘GMA’ posts best November ever
ABC cuts order for hot drama ‘Scandal’
‘The Great Christmas Light Fight,’ fun
Real-time buying: Media’s next revolution
- John Pucci rises to chief creative officer at Hawthorne Direct
- Bass Phillips rises to executive creative director at nFusion
- Gayle Allen becomes VP of marketing solutions at ReelzChannel
- Blair Johnson rises to digital EVP at Cygnus Business Media
- Christina Bellantoni becomes editor in chief at Roll Call
- Darcy Antonellis becomes CEO at Vubiquity
- New Yorker editor David Remnick joins NBC's Olympics coverage
- Regina King joins FX's drama 'The Strain'
- Sarah Palin hosting Sportsman Channel's 'Amazing America'
- Former Napster COO Milton Olin Jr. dies at age 65
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Programmatic media director in Chicago
Senior media planner position in Calgaray
Senior media planner in Midtown Manhattan
Media operations coordinator job in New York
Media planner opening in Brooklyn