Report: Local mobile ad spending will hit $9.1B
April 5, 2013
Little wonder that Facebook is pushing further into the mobile market.
A new report from BIA/Kelsey, a local advertising tracking firm in Virginia, forecasts that U.S. mobile ad spending will go from $3.2 billion last year to $16.8 billion by 2017.
Local spending will rise from 0.9 percent of all local media ad revenue to 6.1 percent, from $1.2 billion in 2012 to $9.1 billion in 2017. That’s a compound annual growth rate of 49.3 percent.
Locally targeted ads will grow from 38 percent of all mobile spending to 54 percent.
What’s driving this change? The entrance of small business into the local mobile ad space, for one thing.
But innovation in ad serving and the greater adoption of local mobile by national businesses will also help push up expenditures.
ABC and NBC on top as summer sets
Wanna be in an ad? Quick, do a selfie!
ISIS claims to have killed another journalist
NBC’s ‘Ninja’ slithers to best rating in a month
Fred Ryan becomes publisher of Washington Post
Slow start for political spending in 2014
New Orleans: TV news is really hot
ABC’s ‘Forever:’ More like a few weeks
‘My Friends Call Me Johnny,’ old dude
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
And now, the news from David Muir
Apple: We’re investigating iCloud vulnerability
A&E cancels top scripted show ‘Longmire’
- Bert Hamaoui becomes group media director at MeringCarson in San Diego
- TNT and TBS programming chief Michael Wright leaving Turner
- Rona Fairhead becomes chairman of the BBC Trust
- Jim Louderback leaving Discovery Digital Networks
- Joan Rivers remains in serious condition
- Chelsea Clinton exits NBC News
- Enver Gjokaj and Chad Michael Murray join ABC’s ‘Agent Carter’
- Syfy cancels Wil Wheaton’s show
- ‘The Following’ showrunner Jennifer Johnson exits
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Junior media planner job in the Washington area
Senior media buyer/planner job in Rochester
Needed: Receptionist for a media agency
Media buyer position in Greenville, SC
Digital media analyst job in Greenville, SC