Report: Local mobile ad spending will hit $9.1B
April 5, 2013
Little wonder that Facebook is pushing further into the mobile market.
A new report from BIA/Kelsey, a local advertising tracking firm in Virginia, forecasts that U.S. mobile ad spending will go from $3.2 billion last year to $16.8 billion by 2017.
Local spending will rise from 0.9 percent of all local media ad revenue to 6.1 percent, from $1.2 billion in 2012 to $9.1 billion in 2017. That’s a compound annual growth rate of 49.3 percent.
Locally targeted ads will grow from 38 percent of all mobile spending to 54 percent.
What’s driving this change? The entrance of small business into the local mobile ad space, for one thing.
But innovation in ad serving and the greater adoption of local mobile by national businesses will also help push up expenditures.
ABC’s ‘Scandal’ surges to record finale
Fox wins a Wednesday littered with reruns
Philly: Auto driving big TV dollars
Defining the big issues in digital video
A stunt that goes over the rainbow
‘Salem,’ this witches’ brew boils over
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
Best tube bets this weekend
Tuesday cable overnights: Solid start for ‘Fargo’
NBCU: We’re ramping up digital content
‘Divorce Court’ up 24 percent this season
Pivot upfront: Four new shows on the way
ABC’s ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ grows in later timeslot
- Sarah Amatuzio becomes VP and creative director at Alcone
- Tim Nolan becomes group creative director at Huge
- Jonathan Kim rises to digital engineering director at Media Kitchen
- Anand Kini rises to EVP of strategy at NBCUniversal
- Meaghan B. Murphy becomes executive editor at Good Housekeeping
- Mary Jeanne Cavanagh becomes EVP of ad sales at BabyFirst
- Steve McEvoy becomes VP of advertising sales at PageScience
- Howard Schneider becomes Federal Reserve reporter at Reuters
- Former 'The View' co-hosts returning to honor Barbara Walters
- Brad Paisley guesting on CBS's 'Two and a Half Men'
- MSNBC personality Lawrence O'Donnell injured in car accident
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media planner/buyer opening in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer opening in Austin
Online media buyer position in Provo, Utah
Digital media planner/buyer job in Minneapolis
Senior media planner job in Dallas/Fort Worth