Report: Local mobile ad spending will hit $9.1B
April 5, 2013
Little wonder that Facebook is pushing further into the mobile market.
A new report from BIA/Kelsey, a local advertising tracking firm in Virginia, forecasts that U.S. mobile ad spending will go from $3.2 billion last year to $16.8 billion by 2017.
Local spending will rise from 0.9 percent of all local media ad revenue to 6.1 percent, from $1.2 billion in 2012 to $9.1 billion in 2017. That’s a compound annual growth rate of 49.3 percent.
Locally targeted ads will grow from 38 percent of all mobile spending to 54 percent.
What’s driving this change? The entrance of small business into the local mobile ad space, for one thing.
But innovation in ad serving and the greater adoption of local mobile by national businesses will also help push up expenditures.
Readers: It will be a record Super Bowl
The rest of the best of the Super Bowl
‘Kids Baking Championship,’ what fun
Rachel, the stress from work is too much
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘Americans’ dips slightly
New from Snapchat, meet Discover
Survey: Native advertising will soar this year
Coming soon: Nick without the cable bill
Disney Junior planning Latin-inspired princess
‘Empire’ holds steady in fourth week
Havas combines two agencies into Helia
- Jeremy Gibney and Rob Esmudo join San Francisco agency Eleven
- Paul Pastor becomes EVP of network strategy at Discovery Channel
- Amy Hyland and Justin Nesci rise at Nickelodeon
- Pete Rumpel becomes chief sales officer at ABI Research
- Lincoln Lopez becomes VP and GM of social media at Univision
- Jim Lawson becomes regional manager at iHeartMedia
- John Reiss rises to executive producer at NBC's 'Meet the Press'
- Roberto Ruiz becomes news anchor at Azteca America
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS's 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Looking to fill a media planner job in Chicago
Senior media connections planner/buyer in Columbus
Assistant media buyer opening in San Francisco
Digital media buyer job in Minneapolis
Programmatic media planner wanted in New York