Report: Local mobile ad spending will hit $9.1B
April 5, 2013
Little wonder that Facebook is pushing further into the mobile market.
A new report from BIA/Kelsey, a local advertising tracking firm in Virginia, forecasts that U.S. mobile ad spending will go from $3.2 billion last year to $16.8 billion by 2017.
Local spending will rise from 0.9 percent of all local media ad revenue to 6.1 percent, from $1.2 billion in 2012 to $9.1 billion in 2017. That’s a compound annual growth rate of 49.3 percent.
Locally targeted ads will grow from 38 percent of all mobile spending to 54 percent.
What’s driving this change? The entrance of small business into the local mobile ad space, for one thing.
But innovation in ad serving and the greater adoption of local mobile by national businesses will also help push up expenditures.
‘NBC Nightly News’ wins the 2015-16 season
New Thursday shows post ho-hum ratings
Readers: ABC will stay ahead on Friday nights
Readers: NBC will dominate a weak Sunday night
NFL viewership is down (but let’s not panic yet)
NFL lifts Major League Soccer to 12-year high
Rachel, with no raises, what perks should I ask for?
Tell us, what’s your take on late-night television?
Weekend TV: ‘MacGyver’ returns to CBS
Cable overnights: Yikes! Scary slide for ‘Horror Story’
With Brangelina split, People heads back to press
Cooking TV shows more popular than actual cooking
Promising premieres for new ABC Wednesday shows
- Ariana Stolarz rises to global CSO at MRM//McCann
- Carla Serrano and Bill Kanarick rise at Publicis
- Chris Einhauser becomes group account director at Zambezi
- Sharon Klein and Tess Sanchez rise at Fox
- Laura Wides-Muñoz rises to VP of special projects at Fusion
- Michael Palatnek becomes CEO at Posterscope US
- Eric Peterkofsky rises to EVP of talent at Entertainment Studios
- Jamie Lee Curtis directing an episode of 'Scream Queens'
- Poorna Jagannathan joins Netflix's 'Gypsy'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: June 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Wanted: Media buyer in Providence, Rhode Island
Media buyer wanted in Savannah, Georgia
Needed: Digital media planner/buyer in NJ
Media planner/strategist job in Dallas/Fort Worth
Media planner opening in Chicago