Report: BBC host may have abused up to 1,000
January 21, 2014
During his decades-long career on the BBC, host Jimmy Savile may have sexually abused up to 1,000 people, according to an inquiry on the matter slated to be released next month.
The public broadcaster has been compiling a report on Savile, who hosted “Top of Pops” and served as a DJ for BBC.
According to a copy leaked to The Observer in London, Savile was implicated to authorities in 450 cases, and many more are believed to have gone unreported.
Savile died in 2011. Allegations of his sexual misconduct did not emerge until 2012.
Some 138 people are taking civil action against the BBC for their alleged abuse, and the report claims that some BBC executives knew about the complaints against Savile and did nothing to stop him.
Buh-bye, Boo Boo: TLC cancels reality show
‘Thursday Night Football’ goes out on top
No new shows have been axed. Why?
Magazines’ one area of hurt: On PCs
‘Death Comes to Pemberley,’ dear Jane
Rachel, I’ve gone years with no raise
Tell us, what’s your take on Martha Stewart?
Best tube bets this weekend
World Series viewership rises in Game 2
Behind AMC’s decision to buy into BBC America
Final cable upfront tally: Down from last year
FCC: Media mega-mergers are on hold
Competition holds up against World Series
- Matt Herrmann becomes CSO at Pereira & O’Dell
- Jeff Maldavir rises to VP of client services at Millennium Communications
- Peter Lattman rises to deputy business editor at The NY Times
- Boris Gartner becomes chief strategy officer at Fusion
- Paul Greenberg becomes CEO at Nylon Media
- Andrew Horlick rises to VP of sales at Bidtellect
- Courtney Love joins the cast of Fox's 'Empire’
- Steve Coogan replacing late Philip Seymour Hoffman in Showtime's 'Happyish'
- Michelle Trachtenberg guesting on Fox's 'Sleepy Hollow'
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media buyer/planner job in Norcross, Georgia
Associate media planner wanted in Chicago