Report: BBC host may have abused up to 1,000
January 21, 2014
During his decades-long career on the BBC, host Jimmy Savile may have sexually abused up to 1,000 people, according to an inquiry on the matter slated to be released next month.
The public broadcaster has been compiling a report on Savile, who hosted “Top of Pops” and served as a DJ for BBC.
According to a copy leaked to The Observer in London, Savile was implicated to authorities in 450 cases, and many more are believed to have gone unreported.
Savile died in 2011. Allegations of his sexual misconduct did not emerge until 2012.
Some 138 people are taking civil action against the BBC for their alleged abuse, and the report claims that some BBC executives knew about the complaints against Savile and did nothing to stop him.
NFL preseason pushes NBC to first on Thursday
This summer, more digital backlash
Columbus: Political’s hot. Everything else is not.
Rachel, I’m failing fast in my new job
The next wave: America’s Hispanics and the New America
Tell us, how’s Donald Trump’s campaign going?
Weekend TV: It’s the MTV Video Music Awards
Cable overnights: Fox News dominates Wednesday night
Salt Lake City remains top local Olympics market
Closing ceremony tumbles among Hispanic viewers
NBC runs primetime winning streak to 20 nights
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
It could be that ESPN is ripe for a takedown
- Matthew Zaifert becomes creative director at 22squared
- James Klein and Jim Ayer join GPJ
- Erik McKinney and Erik Reponen rise at GPJ
- Dave Kalman becomes chief technology officer at HackerAgency
- Mitchell Harris and Mel Smith join RAIN
- Patsy Loris rises to EVP of news at Univision
- Chandar Pattabhiram rises to SVP and CMO at Marketo
- Tim Bock becomes SVP of production at dick clark productions
- Donovan McNabb, O.J. McDuffie and Ki-Jana Carter join beIN Sports
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: June 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Associate media planner wanted in Brooklyn
Senior media planner job in Dearborn, Michigan
Needed: Print media buyer in Chicago
Digital media buyer wanted in El Segundo
Media buyer wanted in Austin