Report: BBC host may have abused up to 1,000
January 21, 2014
During his decades-long career on the BBC, host Jimmy Savile may have sexually abused up to 1,000 people, according to an inquiry on the matter slated to be released next month.
The public broadcaster has been compiling a report on Savile, who hosted “Top of Pops” and served as a DJ for BBC.
According to a copy leaked to The Observer in London, Savile was implicated to authorities in 450 cases, and many more are believed to have gone unreported.
Savile died in 2011. Allegations of his sexual misconduct did not emerge until 2012.
Some 138 people are taking civil action against the BBC for their alleged abuse, and the report claims that some BBC executives knew about the complaints against Savile and did nothing to stop him.
CBS finishes first on a slow Thursday night
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Sponsors gallop to the Kentucky Derby
What to watch for at the Newfronts: Day five
Digital Content Newfronts blog: Day four update
Rachel, what do you see coming in media?
Tell us, what’s the state of magazines right now?
Weekend TV: Farewell to Alicia Florrick
Cable overnights: Big numbers for sports playoffs
New from Time Inc., hypertargeting of ads
Ranking the most popular sports OTT networks
Ugh: Voluntary buyouts hit Discovery Communications
‘The Goldbergs’ surges to a six-week high
- Four join the digital agency Digital Pulp
- Jennifer Bradley becomes media relations director at MassMedia
- Elizabeth Boykewich rises to SVP of casting at Freeform
- Calandria Meadows becomes VP of social media at Bounce TV
- Brian Madigan becomes director of video at Real Simple
- Adam Jenkins becomes executive producer at Labs
- Adam Bernstein directing Spike TV's 'The Mist'
- Ryan Murphy working on FX limited series 'Feud'
- Natalie Morales becomes co-host on 'Access Hollywood'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media buyer job in Fort Worth
Needed in Louisville: In-house media buyer
Memphis agency seeks a media planner
Needed: Globally conscious sales/marketing rep
San Diego opening for a digital marketing account manager