Report: BBC host may have abused up to 1,000
January 21, 2014
During his decades-long career on the BBC, host Jimmy Savile may have sexually abused up to 1,000 people, according to an inquiry on the matter slated to be released next month.
The public broadcaster has been compiling a report on Savile, who hosted “Top of Pops” and served as a DJ for BBC.
According to a copy leaked to The Observer in London, Savile was implicated to authorities in 450 cases, and many more are believed to have gone unreported.
Savile died in 2011. Allegations of his sexual misconduct did not emerge until 2012.
Some 138 people are taking civil action against the BBC for their alleged abuse, and the report claims that some BBC executives knew about the complaints against Savile and did nothing to stop him.
No nudes is good nudes at Playboy–or is it?
Alas, Gannett lops off another 350 jobs
Networks stay largely steady against World Series
Really big numbers for Game 1 of World Series
Where the real TV growth is: Down the dial
Rip-roaring week for cable, led by the zombies
Surprise: The hottest SVOD network is not Netflix
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
It’s here: Media Life’s new sports newsletter
Meet the crew who can save you on Mount Everest
Study: Agency morale falls off a cliff
On the horizon, layoffs at WSJ and Barron’s
‘Man With a Plan’ off to a decent start on CBS
- Jenine Vadillo and Jessica Robb join MeringCarson
- Whit Haskel rises to Fox Sports SVP of brand marketing
- Rosemary Winters joins KMGi as EVP of growth and business development
- Mahesh Samat heading up Walt Disney Company in India
- Juan Devis becomes chief creative officer at KCETLink Media Group
- Rachel Webber becomes EVP of digital product at National Geographic Partners
- Justin Warner hosting ‘ChefShock’ on Twitch livestreaming platform
- Leyla Santiago joins CNN as correspondent in Mexico City
- Pentatonix playing opener for NBC’s ‘Thursday Night Football’
- ‘Simpsons’ producer Kevin Curran dies at age 59
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Search and analytics manager job in Columbus
Stamford agency needs a mass media manager
Media traffic specialist position in Stamford
Wanted: Cross channel media reporting analyst
Media research analyst opening in Stamford