Report: BBC host may have abused up to 1,000
January 21, 2014
During his decades-long career on the BBC, host Jimmy Savile may have sexually abused up to 1,000 people, according to an inquiry on the matter slated to be released next month.
The public broadcaster has been compiling a report on Savile, who hosted “Top of Pops” and served as a DJ for BBC.
According to a copy leaked to The Observer in London, Savile was implicated to authorities in 450 cases, and many more are believed to have gone unreported.
Savile died in 2011. Allegations of his sexual misconduct did not emerge until 2012.
Some 138 people are taking civil action against the BBC for their alleged abuse, and the report claims that some BBC executives knew about the complaints against Savile and did nothing to stop him.
Cable overnights: Solid start for ‘Houdini’
Cancellations for TBS and Fox programs
ABC and NBC on top as summer sets
Wanna be in an ad? Quick, do a selfie!
ISIS claims to have killed another journalist
NBC’s ‘Ninja’ slithers to best rating in a month
Terrible timing for ‘Sleepy Hollow’ stunt
Fred Ryan becomes publisher of Washington Post
Slow start for political spending in 2014
New Orleans: TV news is really hot
ABC’s ‘Forever:’ More like a few weeks
‘My Friends Call Me Johnny,’ old dude
And now, the news from David Muir
- David Malachowski becomes group account director at Swirl
- AOL brand group CEO Susan Lyne moves to BBG Fund
- Satnam Gandhi becomes chief technology officer at PageScience
- Ted Gold joins Spike TV as SVP of scripted original series
- Patrick Warburton reprising role in ‘The Tick’
- Steve Zahn, Andrea Anders and Tyne Daly guesting on ‘Modern Family’
- Paul Sorvino, Rob Huebel and Dan Bakkedahl join ABC’s ‘The Goldbergs’
- Jermaine Fowler developing a comedy for ABC
- Cory Gnazzo becomes executive producer of ‘The Rachel Maddow Show’
- Lawyer: McKayla Maroney was underage in stolen pictures
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Junior media planner job in the Washington area
Senior media buyer/planner job in Rochester
Needed: Receptionist for a media agency
Media buyer position in Greenville, SC
Digital media analyst job in Greenville, SC