Report: BBC host may have abused up to 1,000
January 21, 2014
During his decades-long career on the BBC, host Jimmy Savile may have sexually abused up to 1,000 people, according to an inquiry on the matter slated to be released next month.
The public broadcaster has been compiling a report on Savile, who hosted “Top of Pops” and served as a DJ for BBC.
According to a copy leaked to The Observer in London, Savile was implicated to authorities in 450 cases, and many more are believed to have gone unreported.
Savile died in 2011. Allegations of his sexual misconduct did not emerge until 2012.
Some 138 people are taking civil action against the BBC for their alleged abuse, and the report claims that some BBC executives knew about the complaints against Savile and did nothing to stop him.
ABC wins the first Friday of February sweeps
A strong sendoff for NBC’s ‘Parenthood’
Readers: It will be a record Super Bowl
The rest of the best of the Super Bowl
‘Kids Baking Championship,’ what fun
Rachel, the stress from work is too much
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘Americans’ dips slightly
New from Snapchat, meet Discover
Survey: Native advertising will soar this year
Coming soon: Nick without the cable bill
Disney Junior planning Latin-inspired princess
- Jeremy Gibney and Rob Esmundo join San Francisco agency Eleven
- Paul Pastor becomes EVP of network strategy at Discovery Channel
- Amy Hyland and Justin Nesci rise at Nickelodeon
- Pete Rumpel becomes chief sales officer at ABI Research
- Lincoln Lopez becomes VP and GM of social media at Univision
- Jim Lawson becomes regional manager at iHeartMedia
- John Reiss rises to executive producer at NBC's 'Meet the Press'
- Roberto Ruiz becomes news anchor at Azteca America
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS's 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Looking to fill a media planner job in Chicago
Senior media connections planner/buyer in Columbus
Assistant media buyer opening in San Francisco
Digital media buyer job in Minneapolis
Programmatic media planner wanted in New York