Report: BBC host may have abused up to 1,000
January 21, 2014
During his decades-long career on the BBC, host Jimmy Savile may have sexually abused up to 1,000 people, according to an inquiry on the matter slated to be released next month.
The public broadcaster has been compiling a report on Savile, who hosted “Top of Pops” and served as a DJ for BBC.
According to a copy leaked to The Observer in London, Savile was implicated to authorities in 450 cases, and many more are believed to have gone unreported.
Savile died in 2011. Allegations of his sexual misconduct did not emerge until 2012.
Some 138 people are taking civil action against the BBC for their alleged abuse, and the report claims that some BBC executives knew about the complaints against Savile and did nothing to stop him.
Merely an okay audience for Trump’s big speech
NBC sweeps Republican convention coverage
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Roger Ailes resigns, and Rupert Murdoch steps in
Readers: Fox News will be fine without Ailes
Finding the right Spanish-English media balance
On the way, a new way to measure radio
Rachel, I just can’t get anywhere here
Weekend TV: AMC wraps ‘Hell on Wheels’
Cable overnights: ‘Mr. Robot’ slips in second week
How Nielsen is beefing up its ad viewability options
NBC tops Fox and CBS combined on Wednesday
British Open scores for new carrier NBC
- Jeff Davidoff becomes president at Walton Isaacson
- Renato Fernandez and Doug Menezes rise at TBWA
- Isaac Mizrahi becomes chair-elect at AHAA
- John Solaro and Roger Tsai join Disney|ABC Television Group
- Sarah Geismer becomes VP of comedy at 20th Century Fox TV
- Diego Rodriguez becomes chief security officer at Univision
- Chris Mancivalano becomes associate marketing director at People en Español
- Meghan Bentley becomes VP of business development at Tapad
- Damian Hurley joins the cast of E!'s 'The Royals'
- Malik Yoba joins ABC's 'Designated Survivor'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: May 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Needed: Print media buyer in Chicago
Digital media buyer wanted in El Segundo
Media buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media planner wanted in Salt Lake City
Direct mail media planner job in Minneapolis