Political ad spending on TV hits $2.11B
November 2, 2012
Politicians and special-interest groups are emptying their pockets in the days before the election.
Total political ad spending on television has hit $2.11 billion, according to the latest figures from Wells Fargo, up 13.1 percent from the previous week.
All figures run through Oct. 21.
Some $1.91 billion has been spent on local television, up from $1.67 billion the week before.
Though residents of swing states probably feel as though nearly every ad is related to the presidential election at this point, Congressional ads have actually account for most local spending, 40.8 percent.
Presidential spending has accounted for 35.3 percent, ballot measures 20.4 percent, and “other” 3.5 percent.
Wells Fargo has predicted that more than $3 billion will be spent on local TV ads alone during this election.
Women’s World Cup’s real winner: Nike
Record ratings for women’s big win
Hispanic ad dollars are up, defying trend
So cool: An underwater radio station
‘Dates,’ love stories of first meetings
So, what’s your take on summer TV?
Yes, Amy Schumer is unavoidable now
A bombshell in the case against Cosby
Study: Netflix threatens traditional TV
Big DVR jump for ‘America’s Got Talent’
On the rise: Digital music streaming
ABC and CBS shows fall vs. soccer
New place for ads: The masthead
- David Matathia becomes CSO at Fitzgerald & Co.
- Matt Forde rises to EVP of production at BBC Worldwide North America
- Lori Hall becomes SVP of marketing at TV One
- Keith Summa rises to SVP of content innovation at Univision News
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan joins the cast of CBS's 'The Good Wife'
- Gabriel Soto joins Univision's 'Yo no Creo en los Hombres'
- Jessica Lucas joins Fox's 'Gotham'
- Marisa Tomei joins the cast of Fox's 'Empire'
- Betty White hosting Discovery Family's 'Pawgust' stunt
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta
Media planner position in Minneapolis
Media buyer position in Sacramento