Political ad spending on TV hits $2.11B
November 2, 2012
Politicians and special-interest groups are emptying their pockets in the days before the election.
Total political ad spending on television has hit $2.11 billion, according to the latest figures from Wells Fargo, up 13.1 percent from the previous week.
All figures run through Oct. 21.
Some $1.91 billion has been spent on local television, up from $1.67 billion the week before.
Though residents of swing states probably feel as though nearly every ad is related to the presidential election at this point, Congressional ads have actually account for most local spending, 40.8 percent.
Presidential spending has accounted for 35.3 percent, ballot measures 20.4 percent, and “other” 3.5 percent.
Wells Fargo has predicted that more than $3 billion will be spent on local TV ads alone during this election.
TV ad clutter is worse than ever
Ranking the new shows, top to bottom
‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,’ surprisingly good
Rachel, I hear promise after promise
Tell us what you want from OOH ratings
Weekend TV: The zombies return
Cable overnights: Another MLB record
Fusion lays off 30 two years after launch
Even with decline, ‘Empire’ dominates
Cute: Halloween fun on Realtor.com
Survey: Morale is low at agencies
Rupert really steps in it on Twitter
Actually, ad blocking’s not such a threat
- David Kolbusz becomes CCO at Droga5 London
- Andrew Dauska becomes managing director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Lisa Zakarin becomes managing director at Publicis Hawkeye
- Kevin Dolak, Seung Lee and Helen Russell join Newsweek
- Karen DeFriez becomes affiliate sales manager at Westwood One
- Dick Costolo joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' as a consultant
- Lou Diamond Phillips guesting on NBC's 'Blindspot'
- Melanie Liburd joins HBO's 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Sopranos' actor Frank Albanese dies at age 84
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York
Media planner wanted in Philadelphia
Media buyer coordinator opening in New Haven