Political ad spending on TV hits $2.11B
November 2, 2012
Politicians and special-interest groups are emptying their pockets in the days before the election.
Total political ad spending on television has hit $2.11 billion, according to the latest figures from Wells Fargo, up 13.1 percent from the previous week.
All figures run through Oct. 21.
Some $1.91 billion has been spent on local television, up from $1.67 billion the week before.
Though residents of swing states probably feel as though nearly every ad is related to the presidential election at this point, Congressional ads have actually account for most local spending, 40.8 percent.
Presidential spending has accounted for 35.3 percent, ballot measures 20.4 percent, and “other” 3.5 percent.
Wells Fargo has predicted that more than $3 billion will be spent on local TV ads alone during this election.
ABC wins Friday night yet again
‘Face the Nation’ up with Schieffer adios
The word: TWC-Comcast is in doubt
Stunner: Univision axes ‘Sabado Gigante’
CBS wins for the third straight night
A la carte, kinda: Verizon’s new deal
Online video’s not getting the ad dollars
May’s most-anticipated sweeps stunts
‘Tatau,’ silliness in the South Pacific
Rachel, I’m thinking of going on my own
Weekend TV: The NBA playoffs tip off
Tell us, which bubble shows will survive?
Tops for OTT: Baltimore & Minneapolis
- Matt Baker becomes head of planning at JWT NY
- Kevin Amos and Dan Gbur becomes VPs at Brunner
- Mark Lopez becomes EVP and GM at Univision Digital
- Sara Morris becomes senior director of government affairs at iHeartMedia
- Meggan Crum becomes accessories director at InStyle
- Neil Versel, Thornton McEnery and Kathryn Rubino join Breaking Media
- Anand Subramanian becomes SVP of operations at Synacor
- Christina Cole joins the cast of USA's 'Suits'
- Four join the cast of AMC's upcoming adaptation 'The Night Manager'
- Dave Matthews Band performing on 'Legends on Letterman'
- NY Times reporter and editor Barbara Strauch dies at age 63
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Agency sales opening in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Freelance senior media planner job in Seattle
Digital media planner wanted in Boston
Out-of-home specialist available for all markets
Media planner/buyer job in Raleigh