Political ad spending on TV hits $2.11B
November 2, 2012
Politicians and special-interest groups are emptying their pockets in the days before the election.
Total political ad spending on television has hit $2.11 billion, according to the latest figures from Wells Fargo, up 13.1 percent from the previous week.
All figures run through Oct. 21.
Some $1.91 billion has been spent on local television, up from $1.67 billion the week before.
Though residents of swing states probably feel as though nearly every ad is related to the presidential election at this point, Congressional ads have actually account for most local spending, 40.8 percent.
Presidential spending has accounted for 35.3 percent, ballot measures 20.4 percent, and “other” 3.5 percent.
Wells Fargo has predicted that more than $3 billion will be spent on local TV ads alone during this election.
A catalog of Donald Trump’s many Twitter insults
Nielsen: We’ll use PPMs to measure OOH TV viewing
Football overrun lifts CBS’s Sunday lineup
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Cubs clincher sets a record for Fox Sports 1
The high cost of this vitriolic election on our nation
For ESPN2, targeting a new type of sports viewer
New way to use beacons: Passing on lifestyle tips
What the AT&T-Time Warner deal means for media
Tell us, what is the future of digital radio?
It’s here: Media Life’s new sports newsletter
The broad family sitcom lives on at CBS
ABC’s ‘Shark Tank’ returns to the top on Friday
- Michael Gross becomes editor in chief at Avenue
- Scott Mayerowitz rises at the Associated Press
- Joshua Mann becomes energy reporter at the Houston Business Journal
- Michelle Iracheta joins the Yakima Herald-Republic
- Carol Burnett starring in a comedy pilot
- Vine Star King Bach joining Fox comedy pilot
- Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro team up for CBS summer show
- Michael Stahl-David and Matt Whelan become regulars on ‘Narcos’
- Patricia Clarkson and Campbell Scott join ‘House of Cards’
- David Bunnell, founder of PC Magazine and PC World, dies at 69
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Search and analytics manager job in Columbus
Stamford agency needs a mass media manager
Media traffic specialist position in Stamford
Wanted: Cross channel media reporting analyst
Media research analyst opening in Stamford