Pew: Voters share opinions on social media
November 8, 2012
Social media is turning into the new "I Voted" sticker.
Twenty-two percent of registered voters let others know how they voted through social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter, according to The Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project.
Of course social media lets users do more than let others know that they voted and for whom they voted–it allows them to encourage others to do the same.
Twenty percent of registered voters have encouraged others to vote by posting on a social networking site, while 30 percent of voters have been encouraged to vote for a specific candidate by family and friends on social media.
Yet while social media is a new way to for people to encourage others to vote, it still hasn't surpassed actual conversation.
According to the survey, 48 percent have heard from family and friends in face-to-face conversation that they should vote for either Barack Obama or Mitt Romney in the past 30 days, and 29 percent have heard the same from family and friends over the phone.
For many more election-related findings from Pew click here.
ABC wins first night of November sweeps
Game 7 smacks a home run for Fox
A buyer’s primer on out of home measurement
‘Olive Kitteridge,’ fine tale brilliantly told
Rachel, talk to me about networking
The new frontier: Digital out of home
Best tube bets this weekend
So, who will win the November sweeps?
The complete TV schedule for election night
‘Sleepy Hollow’ scares up some buzz with Lyft
NBC Universal renews Meredith Vieira’s show
Native advertising gives NY Times a lift
NBC keeps on riding the Breeder’s Cup
- Jessie McGuire becomes U.S. strategy director at Elmwood
- Greg McAlinden becomes creative director at ODD
- Nick Ascheim rises and Shaun Hekking joins at BBC Worldwide
- Jonathan Hills becomes VP of digital media at Bravo Media
- Debbie Reichig becomes SVP of sales research at Twentieth TV
- Isaac Payam Ahdout becomes SVP of engineering at Tapad
- Fred Melamed joins Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Lily Rabe appearing on FX's 'American Horror Story'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
- Joel McHale remaining host of E!’s ‘The Soup’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer wanted in Las Vegas
Junior media buyer opening in Venice, California
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin