June 8, 2014
Former “30 Rock” actor Tracy Morgan is in critical condition following a deadly car accident on the New Jersey Turnpike on Saturday. Morgan was a passenger in a Mercedes limousine bus that was overturned in a six-car crash that killed a 62-year-old man and injured three others. The comedian was brought to intensive care and remained in critical condition as of Sunday afternoon.
Caitlin Foito has been named vice president of drama development at ABC Studios, reporting to senior vice president Nne Ebong. Foito had been director of programming at Fox Television Studios.
Transit advertising company Titan has made a pair of moves, including promoting Mark Graham to vice president and national operations director, a new position. The company has also brought in Kima Walker-Willis, naming her director of training and development. Walker-Willis was most recently at Cablevision.
Hulu has named Beatrice Springborn head of originals, working alongside head of content Craig Erwich. Springborn joins from Storyline Entertainment, where she was head of television.
Actress Gage Golightly has joined the cast of Amazon’s “Red Oaks,” which is executive produced by Steven Soderbergh. Golightly has previously appeared in “Teen Wolf,” “Ringer” and “Big Time Rush.”
Hearst Magazines has promoted Meredith Rollins to editor in chief at Redbook, replacing the departed Jill Herzig. Rollins had been executive editor since 2010.
Kevin Byrnes has been named vice president of ad sales at Newsmax, a conservatice cable news network launching next week. Byrnes was previously vice president of project development and partnerships at INSIGNIA Sports & Entertainment.
Actor Brian Van Holt has joined the cast of Syfy’s “Ascension,” playing a space ship captain in the limited series. Van Holt also appears in TBS’s “Cougar Town.”
TNT has added Thom Barry to the cast of “Perception” in a guest-starring role, playing a special FBI agent. Barry previously starred in CBS’s “Cold Case.”
NBC’s ‘Tonight Show’ hits 11-month high
Friday overnights: ‘Last Man Standing’ lifts ABC
This week’s daypart ratings
Remembering Leonard Nimoy, ‘Star Trek’s’ Spock
Solid sendoff for ‘How to Get Away with Murder’
Alas, 2014 wasn’t good for advertising
Nickelodeon upfront: Cutting the cord
‘The Last Man on Earth,’ quite good
Rachel, I’m fed up with his dirty talk
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘O’Reilly’ tops 3 million again
CBS slates summer premiere dates
- Dan Matarelli becomes VP and director at SMG Performance Marketing
- Chris Gyorgy becomes group creative director at Havas Chicago
- Jonathan Lewis and Dave Ortega rise at McKee Wallwork + Co.
- Alan Brydon becomes CEO at the Outdoor Media Centre
- Mike Sundet becomes director of sports and entertainment at Momentum
- Remy Stern rises to chief digital officer at The New York Post
- Deena Schacter joins and Katie Tomlinson rises at Veranda
- Luz Maria Doria, Irma Martinez and Luz Avila-Kyncl join Siempre Mujer
- Mark Boudreaux becomes director of sales at Entercom New Orleans
- Duncan Lawrence and Sharna Morelli rise at Morpace
- Rob Stone becomes studio host for Fox's Women's World Cup
- Andrew J. West joins CW's 'Dead People'
- Adam Rodriguez joins ABC drama pilot 'Runner'
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager
Digital media buyer job in Springfield, MO
Assistant media planner job in Santa Monica
Digital media planner opening in Las Vegas