May 26, 2014
Elana Mandelup has been promoted at AMC Networks, rising to vice president of corporate communications. Mandelup joined the company in 2011 as a director.
Investigation Discovery has promoted two to vice presidents of marketing, Nellie Ryan for strategy and Garnsey Sloan for creative. Both have been with Discovery since 2003.
MEC has made a pair of hires in its Irvine office, naming Brian Ko managing partner and senior director of digital and Sharon Pardee partner and senior director of planning. Ko joins from Dedicated Media, Pardee from Media 360.
INNOCEAN USA has named Kathleen Kindle planning director, reporting to senior vice president of account planning Don Longfellow. Kindle was most recently at Siegel + Gale in Los Angeles.
Laura Schocker has been named executive editor at RealSimple.com, reporting to site editor Lori Leibovich. Schocker was most recently executive editor of the Healthy Living section at The Huffington Post.
Atlantic Media has named Camille Tuutti executive editor at Nextgov, its government technology publication. Tuutti had been editorial director at FedScoop.
Anthony T. Mazzola, former editor in chief at Town&Country and Harper’s Bazaar, died last week at age 90. No cause was given. Mazzola joined Town&Country as an art director in 1948, finally rising to editor in 1965. During his career he also served as curator of Hearst Corp.’s fine art collection.
Bitly has made a pair of additions, naming Jason Swetnam vice president of sales and Vivin Williams vice president of product. Swetnam joins from Oracle, Williams from ShareThis.
Sheila Buckley has been named head of North America sales at Criteo, a digital advertising technology company. Buckley joins from Vibrant Media, where she was global chief revenue officer.
So tell us, who will win Sunday’s Super Bowl?
Wow: Sports Illustrated lays off all photographers
Flama programming now available on Hulu
Just a so-so start for Fox’s ‘Backstrom’
Super Bowl advertising, at a glance
What’s driving the growth of out of home
‘The Nightly Show,’ not quite at 100
Rachel, how do I combat low morale?
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: Bump for ‘American Horror’ finale
Study: New HBO service could hurt pay TV
Two ways to watch Super Bowl ads online
- David Banta becomes group creative director at DDB Chicago
- Dave Canning and Dan Treichel become co-ECDs at 180 Amsterdam
- David Harkleroad becomes CMO at Chief Outsiders
- Alex Burns becomes metro political correspondent at The NY Times
- Michael Aneiro becomes corporate finance editor at Bloomberg
- Bill Gates guest editing The Verge in February
- Oscar de la Hoya launching boxing TV network
- Rob Lowe, Megan Mullally and Jenna Fischer join NBC's 'Apocalypse'
- Kerry Condon and Toby Leonard Moore join Showtime's 'Billions'
- Ian McShane guesting on season three of Showtime's 'Ray Donovan'
- Ariana Grande performing at NBA All-Star Game
- David Muir hosting the National Magazine Awards
- Paula Abdul and Jason Derulo join Fox's 'So You Think You Can Dance'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner/buyer position in Baltimore
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Media planner/buyer job in Cleveland
Media planner/buyer wanted in San Diego
Freelance digital media buyer available