May 26, 2014
Elana Mandelup has been promoted at AMC Networks, rising to vice president of corporate communications. Mandelup joined the company in 2011 as a director.
Investigation Discovery has promoted two to vice presidents of marketing, Nellie Ryan for strategy and Garnsey Sloan for creative. Both have been with Discovery since 2003.
MEC has made a pair of hires in its Irvine office, naming Brian Ko managing partner and senior director of digital and Sharon Pardee partner and senior director of planning. Ko joins from Dedicated Media, Pardee from Media 360.
INNOCEAN USA has named Kathleen Kindle planning director, reporting to senior vice president of account planning Don Longfellow. Kindle was most recently at Siegel + Gale in Los Angeles.
Laura Schocker has been named executive editor at RealSimple.com, reporting to site editor Lori Leibovich. Schocker was most recently executive editor of the Healthy Living section at The Huffington Post.
Atlantic Media has named Camille Tuutti executive editor at Nextgov, its government technology publication. Tuutti had been editorial director at FedScoop.
Anthony T. Mazzola, former editor in chief at Town&Country and Harper’s Bazaar, died last week at age 90. No cause was given. Mazzola joined Town&Country as an art director in 1948, finally rising to editor in 1965. During his career he also served as curator of Hearst Corp.’s fine art collection.
Bitly has made a pair of additions, naming Jason Swetnam vice president of sales and Vivin Williams vice president of product. Swetnam joins from Oracle, Williams from ShareThis.
Sheila Buckley has been named head of North America sales at Criteo, a digital advertising technology company. Buckley joins from Vibrant Media, where she was global chief revenue officer.
Remembering Leonard Nimoy, ‘Star Trek’s’ Spock
Solid sendoff for ‘How to Get Away with Murder’
Alas, 2014 wasn’t good for advertising
Nickelodeon upfront: Cutting the cord
‘The Last Man on Earth,’ quite good
Rachel, I’m fed up with his dirty talk
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘O’Reilly’ tops 3 million again
CBS slates summer premiere dates
FCC votes yes on new net neutrality laws
Solid rebound for Fox’s Daytona 500
Yes, ‘Empire’ hits yet another series high
- Dan Matarelli becomes VP and director at SMG Performance Marketing
- Chris Gyorgy becomes group creative director at Havas Chicago
- Jonathan Lewis and Dave Ortega rise at McKee Wallwork + Co.
- Alan Brydon becomes CEO at the Outdoor Media Centre
- Mike Sundet becomes director of sports and entertainment at Momentum
- Remy Stern rises to chief digital officer at The New York Post
- Deena Schacter joins and Katie Tomlinson rises at Veranda
- Luz Maria Doria, Irma Martinez and Luz Avila-Kyncl join Siempre Mujer
- Mark Boudreaux becomes director of sales at Entercom New Orleans
- Duncan Lawrence and Sharna Morelli rise at Morpace
- Rob Stone becomes studio host for Fox's Women's World Cup
- Andrew J. West joins CW's 'Dead People'
- Adam Rodriguez joins ABC drama pilot 'Runner'
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager
Digital media buyer job in Springfield, MO
Assistant media planner job in Santa Monica
Digital media planner opening in Las Vegas