April 6, 2014
Actors DB Woodside and Brendan Hines have joined USA’s “Suits” for its upcoming fourth season in recurring guest roles. Woodside has previously appeared in “Parenthood,” Hines in “Betrayal.”
Kelly Osbourne has joined the cast of “The 7D,” an animated special based on the Seven Dwarfs airing this summer on Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior. Others lending their voices to the project include Jess Harnell, Leigh-Allyn Baker, Bill Farmer, Maurice LaMarche, Kevin Michael Richardson, Dee Bradley Baker, Scott Menville, Stephen Stanton, Billy West and Paul Rugg.
Creative agency Motive has named Kohl Norville content director, a newly created position at the agency. Norville previously freelanced with a number of agencies, including Pereira O’Dell, Grey, SS+K, Euro RSG and Big Fuel.
Debra Adams Simmons, editor of The Cleveland Plain Dealer, is leaving her position to become vice president of news development at Advance Local. Simmons became editor of the paper in 2010 after a stint as managing editor.
The San Francisco Chronicle has brought in Jonathan Kauffman as a staff writer, working in the paper’s Food section. Kauffman was most recently San Francisco editor at Tasting Table.
AccuWeather has promoted Loren Tobia to vice president of sales for its display systems and services division, effective immediately. Tobia is a former chairman of the Radio Television Digital News Association.
Entercom has promoted Carlson Mozdiez to director of integrated media strategies, working with the company’s radio stations in Boston. Mozdiez had been director of digital operations.
Matt Zimmerman has been promoted to vice president of booking at NBC News, in charge of the network’s new booking unit. Zimmerman had been senior booking producer for “Today.”
John Pinette, a comedian and actor who appeared in the series finale of “Seinfeld,” was found dead on Saturday in a hotel room in Pittsburgh. He was 50 years old. Pinette had been dealing with liver and heart disease, according to TMZ.
Alas, 2014 wasn’t good for advertising
Nickelodeon upfront: Cutting the cord
‘The Last Man on Earth,’ quite good
Rachel, I’m fed up with his dirty talk
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘O’Reilly’ tops 3 million again
CBS slates summer premiere dates
FCC votes yes on new net neutrality laws
Solid rebound for Fox’s Daytona 500
Yes, ‘Empire’ hits yet another series high
Imagine: ‘CSI’ in 150 countries at once
The Big Four: Crossing the big gray line
- Dan Matarelli becomes VP and director at SMG Performance Marketing
- Chris Gyorgy becomes group creative director at Havas Chicago
- Jonathan Lewis and Dave Ortega rise at McKee Wallwork + Co.
- Alan Brydon becomes CEO at the Outdoor Media Centre
- Mike Sundet becomes director of sports and entertainment at Momentum
- Remy Stern rises to chief digital officer at The New York Post
- Deena Schacter joins and Katie Tomlinson rises at Veranda
- Luz Maria Doria, Irma Martinez and Luz Avila-Kyncl join Siempre Mujer
- Mark Boudreaux becomes director of sales at Entercom New Orleans
- Duncan Lawrence and Sharna Morelli rise at Morpace
- Rob Stone becomes studio host for Fox's Women's World Cup
- Andrew J. West joins CW's 'Dead People'
- Adam Rodriguez joins ABC drama pilot 'Runner'
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager
Digital media buyer job in Springfield, MO
Assistant media planner job in Santa Monica
Digital media planner opening in Las Vegas