OWN picks up two canceled soaps
June 26, 2013
The Oprah Winfrey Network has a dearth of original programming.
And “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” are desperately seeking greater exposure than the revived ABC soaps currently receive as online-only dramas.
So a deal struck today for OWN to air episodes of “AMC” and “OLTL” seems to make sense.
The two shows will begin airing on OWN Monday through Thursday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on July 15.
The 10-week run will include all the episodes that have been shot so far for the OnLine Network, which recently cut the frequency of the shows from daily to weekly.
OWN is eyeing the female soap fans that it targets with programming such as “Oprah’s Next Chapter” and “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”
ABC canceled the two shows in 2011, and producer Prospect Park revived them in April of this year.
With the big game, CBS surges to No. 1
What’s hot (and not) in social media
Twenty years later, our O.J. obsession stands
Sorry, ad blockers, Wired isn’t having it
Catch the next big wave: Hispanic media
For Dick Wolf, a second shot at history
Cable overnights: Promising start for Bee
Fox just edges rising ABC on Monday
‘X-Files’ premiere soars among DVR viewers
Republican debate tops Democrats on Twitter
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Smaller crowd for this year’s Super Bowl
Readers: Super Bowl ads were pretty ho-hum
- Mark Andeer becomes CMO at The Escape Pod
- Debbie Myszynski becomes group account director at Frequency540
- Charles Chung becomes executive production director R/GA
- Chris McCumber rises to entertainment president at NBCU Cable
- Nina Lederman becomes EVP of scripted at All3Media America
- Josh Feldman becomes EVP of partnerships at NBCUniversal
- Michael McCarthy becomes reporter and producer at Sporting News
- Anthony Anderson guesting on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Adan Canto joins the cast of ABC's 'Designated Survivor'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager