OWN picks up two canceled soaps
June 26, 2013
The Oprah Winfrey Network has a dearth of original programming.
And “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” are desperately seeking greater exposure than the revived ABC soaps currently receive as online-only dramas.
So a deal struck today for OWN to air episodes of “AMC” and “OLTL” seems to make sense.
The two shows will begin airing on OWN Monday through Thursday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on July 15.
The 10-week run will include all the episodes that have been shot so far for the OnLine Network, which recently cut the frequency of the shows from daily to weekly.
OWN is eyeing the female soap fans that it targets with programming such as “Oprah’s Next Chapter” and “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”
ABC canceled the two shows in 2011, and producer Prospect Park revived them in April of this year.
New shows hold up well on Thursday night
Notable trends so far this broadcast season
Nielsen: We’re using the PPM to measure television
Podcast mania: Here are the most popular
The cost of cord cutting: Nearly $1 billion
Rachel, he gets the elevator, I get the shaft
It’s coming: Media Life’s new sports newsletter
Weekend TV: ‘Saturday Night Live’ returns
A pair of pickups for ABC: ‘Speechless’ and ‘Survivor’
The future of Viacom? It may be with CBS.
‘Empire’ falls to second-lowest rating in series history
ESPN’s ‘MNF’ hits all-time low versus debate
The latest argument for cord cutting: Cat videos
- Kyle Acquistapace becomes president at Supermoon
- Kevin Grady becomes SVP and ECD at FCB Chicago
- Joachim Bader becomes Central Europe CEO at Wunderman
- David Brewer rises to SVP of program strategy at Bravo & Oxygen
- Christian Kurz rises to SVP of consumer insights at Viacom
- Sandra Oh guesting on ABC's 'American Crime'
- Tiffany Hines and Bailey Chase join Fox's '24: Legacy'
- Molly Parker joins Netflix's 'Lost In Space'
- ‘All My Children’ creator Agnes Nixon dies at 93
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Strategic media planner/buyer needed in Charlotte
Wanted: Media buyer in Providence, Rhode Island
Media buyer wanted in Savannah, Georgia
Needed: Digital media planner/buyer in NJ
Media planner/strategist job in Dallas/Fort Worth