OWN picks up two canceled soaps
June 26, 2013
The Oprah Winfrey Network has a dearth of original programming.
And “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” are desperately seeking greater exposure than the revived ABC soaps currently receive as online-only dramas.
So a deal struck today for OWN to air episodes of “AMC” and “OLTL” seems to make sense.
The two shows will begin airing on OWN Monday through Thursday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on July 15.
The 10-week run will include all the episodes that have been shot so far for the OnLine Network, which recently cut the frequency of the shows from daily to weekly.
OWN is eyeing the female soap fans that it targets with programming such as “Oprah’s Next Chapter” and “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”
ABC canceled the two shows in 2011, and producer Prospect Park revived them in April of this year.
Cable’s winners and losers in July
Great art everywhere you look around
‘The Quest,’ off to the dungeon, knave
So, what’s the future for print magazines?
Yay! Boo! It’s the CrossFit Games.
Katie Couric signs off from syndication
IAB: Programmatic growing slower abroad
Lawsuit: Facebook responsible for ruined reps
Netflix reaches streaming deal with AT&T
The big problem at ‘Big Bang:’ Salaries
A healthy surge for new ‘Food Fighters’
Summer’s top programming moves
Big shakeup in cable news rankings
- Harvey Goldhersz and Phil Cowdell rise at GroupM
- José Miranda becomes regional director for analytics at MEC
- Rafi Kugler becomes director of recruiting at barrettSF
- Two join and one rises at WorkPlace Media
- Cheri Ehrlich Eisen becomes senior HR director at Fusion
- Lindsay Zoladz becomes pop music critic at New York magazine
- Four join the staff at Good Housekeeping magazine
- Sam Sifton rises to food editor at The New York Times
- Margery Eagan becomes spirituality columnist at Crux
- Five become general managers at Learfield Sports
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer manager job in Philadelphia
Assistant media planner wanted in New York
Digital media buyer position in Seattle
National DR media buyer job in Nashville
Mobile media planner opening in San Francisco