OWN picks up two canceled soaps
June 26, 2013
The Oprah Winfrey Network has a dearth of original programming.
And “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” are desperately seeking greater exposure than the revived ABC soaps currently receive as online-only dramas.
So a deal struck today for OWN to air episodes of “AMC” and “OLTL” seems to make sense.
The two shows will begin airing on OWN Monday through Thursday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on July 15.
The 10-week run will include all the episodes that have been shot so far for the OnLine Network, which recently cut the frequency of the shows from daily to weekly.
OWN is eyeing the female soap fans that it targets with programming such as “Oprah’s Next Chapter” and “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”
ABC canceled the two shows in 2011, and producer Prospect Park revived them in April of this year.
Fox’s ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ rebounds
Suddenly scripted series are the rage
Why TV is relying less on advertising
‘Houdini,’ here’s something to get out of
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
Best tube bets this weekend
Little League World Series hits a home run
OOH spending grows, but more slowly
Cable overnights: ‘Chelsea’ goes out with a bang
NBC News president ruffles employees’ feathers
NBC wins Tuesday with growing reality shows
Fox head of sales Jean Rossi is leaving
Forecast: A good but not great 2014
- Colin Barlow rises to COO at GroupM Global
- Three rise in production and development at TLC
- Jonathan Stern becomes head of business development at Fusion
- Hunter Lewis becomes editor at Cooking Light
- Christian Baesler becomes president at Bauer Xcel Media
- Kent Ebersole becomes VP and GM at Active Interest Media
- Terry Duffy rises to group publisher at Palm Beach Media Group
- Chris Lencheski becomes head of sales at Back9Network
- Kei Huang becomes director of analytics at Keek
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren guesting on CBS's 'The Late Show'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media buyer/planner job in Rochester
Needed: Receptionist for a media agency
Media buyer position in Greenville, SC
Digital media analyst job in Greenville, SC
Media planner/buyer opening in Detroit