OWN picks up two canceled soaps
June 26, 2013
The Oprah Winfrey Network has a dearth of original programming.
And “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” are desperately seeking greater exposure than the revived ABC soaps currently receive as online-only dramas.
So a deal struck today for OWN to air episodes of “AMC” and “OLTL” seems to make sense.
The two shows will begin airing on OWN Monday through Thursday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on July 15.
The 10-week run will include all the episodes that have been shot so far for the OnLine Network, which recently cut the frequency of the shows from daily to weekly.
OWN is eyeing the female soap fans that it targets with programming such as “Oprah’s Next Chapter” and “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”
ABC canceled the two shows in 2011, and producer Prospect Park revived them in April of this year.
Time’s person of the year: Pope Francis
CBS: Our streaming audience has soared
Hot on cable: Shows about shows
Five lessons from ‘The Sound of Music’
Audience shrinks for part two of ‘Bonnie’
The word: Discovery eyeing Scripps
San Francisco: Sports is super hot
‘Rodeo Girls,’ way low in the saddle
Real-time buying: Media’s next revolution
For ‘Duck Dynasty,’ a real holiday tweet
Twitter alive with ‘The Sound of Music’
DVR viewers boost ABC to first-place tie
NBC wins another Monday with singing shows
- Andre Laurentino becomes global ECD at Ogilvy
- Stephen Mooallem becomes executive editor at Harper's Bazaar
- Kitty Morgan becomes assistant managing editor at SF Chronicle
- Henry Hoberman joins and Douglas Jacobs rises at A&E Networks
- David Mandell becomes EVP and general counsel at TVGN
- Mark Adams becomes VP of Portland programming at Clear Channel
- Carolyn Bigda becomes contributing editor at Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Tal Perry becomes chief business officer at MassiveImpact
- Raj Gill becomes VP of automotive at Adconion Direct
- Bret Michaels guesting on NBC's 'Revolution'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in New York
Senior media buyer and planner in Denver
Programmatic media director in Chicago
Senior media planner position in Calgaray
Senior media planner in Midtown Manhattan