OWN picks up two canceled soaps
June 26, 2013
The Oprah Winfrey Network has a dearth of original programming.
And “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” are desperately seeking greater exposure than the revived ABC soaps currently receive as online-only dramas.
So a deal struck today for OWN to air episodes of “AMC” and “OLTL” seems to make sense.
The two shows will begin airing on OWN Monday through Thursday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on July 15.
The 10-week run will include all the episodes that have been shot so far for the OnLine Network, which recently cut the frequency of the shows from daily to weekly.
OWN is eyeing the female soap fans that it targets with programming such as “Oprah’s Next Chapter” and “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”
ABC canceled the two shows in 2011, and producer Prospect Park revived them in April of this year.
TLC yanks ’19 Kids and Counting’
‘Late Show’ finale hits 21-year high
‘Modern Family’ falls to low in finale
Once again, ABC wins May sweep
This fall’s five big timeslot battles
Oh my! There goes Marilyn’s skirt.
‘Late Show With David Letterman,’ bravo
Tell us, how do you rate the fall lineups?
Weekend TV: Indy 500 revs up
Cable overnights: NBA stays hot
Fun facts about the Indy 500
Buyouts coming at Wall Street Journal
A record season for Telemundo
- Twelve join California agency David&Goliath
- Ellie Duque becomes publisher at Entertainment Weekly
- CBS Entertainment EVP of comedy Wendi Trilling exiting
- New York Times chief information officer Marc Frons exiting
- Marjorie Miller rises to director of global news at the Associated Press
- Melissa Bell rises to VP of growth and analytics at Vox Media
- Josh Swade becomes executive producer for film and video at Rolling Stone
- Jessica Lussenhop becomes senior writer at BBC News Magazine
- Emily Banks becomes deputy mobile editor at Bloomberg Digital
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Display media planner opening in Chicago
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh