OWN picks up two canceled soaps
June 26, 2013
The Oprah Winfrey Network has a dearth of original programming.
And “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” are desperately seeking greater exposure than the revived ABC soaps currently receive as online-only dramas.
So a deal struck today for OWN to air episodes of “AMC” and “OLTL” seems to make sense.
The two shows will begin airing on OWN Monday through Thursday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on July 15.
The 10-week run will include all the episodes that have been shot so far for the OnLine Network, which recently cut the frequency of the shows from daily to weekly.
OWN is eyeing the female soap fans that it targets with programming such as “Oprah’s Next Chapter” and “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”
ABC canceled the two shows in 2011, and producer Prospect Park revived them in April of this year.
How Bill Paxton’s death will impact ‘Training Day’
Finally, a new broadcast show has been canceled
‘How to Get Away With Murder’ equals a season high
Satellite’s now an afterthought in the era of digital radio
NASCAR spins its wheels as season gets underway
Best of the week: Ranking black American influencers
Paper cuts: Axe swings at The Financial Times
It’s time to get over the gimcrack of Times Square
Weekend TV: It’s Oscar time in la la land
People really didn’t like media coverage of the election
Cable overnights: ‘Alaskan Bush People’ rises in finale
ABC wins Wednesday with night’s top four shows
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
- Eight join at FCB Chicago
- Seth Kusiak rises to VP of infrastructure and security services at Advertising Specialty Institute
- John Podesta joins The Washington Post as contributing columnist
- Kim Lamoreaux joins DeForest Times-Tribune
- Lauren Burack rises to SVP of brand and consumer marketing at IFC
- Matthew Broderick starring in ‘Katrina: American Crime Story’
- Brad Garrett joins CBS drama pilot ‘The Get’
- Lea Michele joins ABC comedy pilot
- Lauren Graham joins Fox comedy ‘Linda From HR’
- Former Fox News Channel host Alan Colmes dies at 66
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York