OWN picks up two canceled soaps
June 26, 2013
The Oprah Winfrey Network has a dearth of original programming.
And “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” are desperately seeking greater exposure than the revived ABC soaps currently receive as online-only dramas.
So a deal struck today for OWN to air episodes of “AMC” and “OLTL” seems to make sense.
The two shows will begin airing on OWN Monday through Thursday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on July 15.
The 10-week run will include all the episodes that have been shot so far for the OnLine Network, which recently cut the frequency of the shows from daily to weekly.
OWN is eyeing the female soap fans that it targets with programming such as “Oprah’s Next Chapter” and “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”
ABC canceled the two shows in 2011, and producer Prospect Park revived them in April of this year.
It’s back: Strong 2016 for U.S. advertising economy
‘NBC Nightly News’ enjoys Olympic-sized growth
NFL preseason pushes NBC to first on Thursday
This summer, more digital backlash
Columbus: Political’s hot. Everything else is not.
Rachel, I’m failing fast in my new job
The next wave: America’s Hispanics and the New America
Tell us, how’s Donald Trump’s campaign going?
Weekend TV: It’s the MTV Video Music Awards
Cable overnights: Fox News dominates Wednesday night
Salt Lake City remains top local Olympics market
Closing ceremony tumbles among Hispanic viewers
NBC runs primetime winning streak to 20 nights
- Matthew Zaifert becomes creative director at 22squared
- James Klein and Jim Ayer join GPJ
- Erik McKinney and Erik Reponen rise at GPJ
- Dave Kalman becomes chief technology officer at HackerAgency
- Mitchell Harris and Mel Smith join RAIN
- Patsy Loris rises to EVP of news at Univision
- Chandar Pattabhiram rises to SVP and CMO at Marketo
- Tim Bock becomes SVP of production at dick clark productions
- Donovan McNabb, O.J. McDuffie and Ki-Jana Carter join beIN Sports
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: June 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Associate media planner wanted in Brooklyn
Senior media planner job in Dearborn, Michigan
Needed: Print media buyer in Chicago
Digital media buyer wanted in El Segundo
Media buyer wanted in Austin