Online shopping booms as Christmas nears
December 17, 2012
Online spending continues to boom as the holiday shopping season nears its end.
Some $33.8 billion has been spent on the web from Nov. 1 to Dec. 14, according to the latest data from comScore, up 13 percent over last year.
Last week shoppers really hit their computers, smartphones and tablets. On four days of the workweek spending was more than $1 billion, with the biggest day coming on so-called Green Monday, when $1.275 billion was spent.
Seven of the top 10 spending days in internet history have come this year, including the top four this holiday season.
Free Shipping Day, which takes place today, is expected to send sales to another peak as people struggle to get their items before Christmas Day next week.
Fox’s ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ rebounds
Suddenly scripted series are the rage
Why TV is relying less on advertising
‘Houdini,’ here’s something to get out of
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
Best tube bets this weekend
Little League World Series hits a home run
OOH spending grows, but more slowly
Cable overnights: ‘Chelsea’ goes out with a bang
NBC News president ruffles employees’ feathers
NBC wins Tuesday with growing reality shows
Fox head of sales Jean Rossi is leaving
Forecast: A good but not great 2014
- Colin Barlow rises to COO at GroupM Global
- Three rise in production and development at TLC
- Jonathan Stern becomes head of business development at Fusion
- Hunter Lewis becomes editor at Cooking Light
- Christian Baesler becomes president at Bauer Xcel Media
- Kent Ebersole becomes VP and GM at Active Interest Media
- Terry Duffy rises to group publisher at Palm Beach Media Group
- Chris Lencheski becomes head of sales at Back9Network
- Kei Huang becomes director of analytics at Keek
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren guesting on CBS's 'The Late Show'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media buyer/planner job in Rochester
Needed: Receptionist for a media agency
Media buyer position in Greenville, SC
Digital media analyst job in Greenville, SC
Media planner/buyer opening in Detroit