Online shopping booms as Christmas nears
December 17, 2012
Online spending continues to boom as the holiday shopping season nears its end.
Some $33.8 billion has been spent on the web from Nov. 1 to Dec. 14, according to the latest data from comScore, up 13 percent over last year.
Last week shoppers really hit their computers, smartphones and tablets. On four days of the workweek spending was more than $1 billion, with the biggest day coming on so-called Green Monday, when $1.275 billion was spent.
Seven of the top 10 spending days in internet history have come this year, including the top four this holiday season.
Free Shipping Day, which takes place today, is expected to send sales to another peak as people struggle to get their items before Christmas Day next week.
Though down, ‘This Is Us’ reigns again on Tuesday
Obama farewell address tops the week in social TV
The scoop on Megyn Kelly’s new gig with NBC
Putting a firm number on how many are cord cutting
New doubts about Pandora as big layoffs loom
Here’s a first: Local ads in Super Bowl stream
Coming at you: Media Life’s digital radio series
The rescue of Univision: Chance to get back its mojo
For History, deploying a drama about tough guys
Tell us: What will be the big media stories of 2017?
Infographic: A look at Australians’ changing radio habits
Landlines are totally passé: Less than half have ’em
For the NYT, a future of more multimedia and more Trump
- Mike Long, Arlene Bae and Sara Wallace join FCB West
- Marco Bailetti and Shawn DosSantos join GALE
- Danielle Pak becomes director of communications planning at Zambezi
- Max Kislevitz becomes brand director at Battery
- Laura Roberts becomes VP of business development at SGK
- Isaac Lee becomes chief content officer at Univision and Televisa
- Lee Zellweger rises to publisher at Reader's Digest
- Lester Holt hosting ASME's annual Ellie Awards
- Cyrus Farrokh becomes international president at Propagate
- Bill O'Reilly interviewing Donald Trump on Super Sunday
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York
Freelance media buyer available