Online shopping booms as Christmas nears
December 17, 2012
Online spending continues to boom as the holiday shopping season nears its end.
Some $33.8 billion has been spent on the web from Nov. 1 to Dec. 14, according to the latest data from comScore, up 13 percent over last year.
Last week shoppers really hit their computers, smartphones and tablets. On four days of the workweek spending was more than $1 billion, with the biggest day coming on so-called Green Monday, when $1.275 billion was spent.
Seven of the top 10 spending days in internet history have come this year, including the top four this holiday season.
Free Shipping Day, which takes place today, is expected to send sales to another peak as people struggle to get their items before Christmas Day next week.
Cable overnights: Solid start for ‘Houdini’
Cancellations for TBS and Fox programs
ABC and NBC on top as summer sets
Wanna be in an ad? Quick, do a selfie!
ISIS claims to have killed another journalist
NBC’s ‘Ninja’ slithers to best rating in a month
Terrible timing for ‘Sleepy Hollow’ stunt
Fred Ryan becomes publisher of Washington Post
Slow start for political spending in 2014
New Orleans: TV news is really hot
ABC’s ‘Forever:’ More like a few weeks
‘My Friends Call Me Johnny,’ old dude
And now, the news from David Muir
- David Malachowski becomes group account director at Swirl
- AOL brand group CEO Susan Lyne moves to BBG Fund
- Satnam Gandhi becomes chief technology officer at PageScience
- Ted Gold joins Spike TV as SVP of scripted original series
- Patrick Warburton reprising role in ‘The Tick’
- Steve Zahn, Andrea Anders and Tyne Daly guesting on ‘Modern Family’
- Paul Sorvino, Rob Huebel and Dan Bakkedahl join ABC’s ‘The Goldbergs’
- Jermaine Fowler developing a comedy for ABC
- Cory Gnazzo becomes executive producer of ‘The Rachel Maddow Show’
- Lawyer: McKayla Maroney was underage in stolen pictures
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Junior media planner job in the Washington area
Senior media buyer/planner job in Rochester
Needed: Receptionist for a media agency
Media buyer position in Greenville, SC
Digital media analyst job in Greenville, SC