Online shopping booms as Christmas nears
December 17, 2012
Online spending continues to boom as the holiday shopping season nears its end.
Some $33.8 billion has been spent on the web from Nov. 1 to Dec. 14, according to the latest data from comScore, up 13 percent over last year.
Last week shoppers really hit their computers, smartphones and tablets. On four days of the workweek spending was more than $1 billion, with the biggest day coming on so-called Green Monday, when $1.275 billion was spent.
Seven of the top 10 spending days in internet history have come this year, including the top four this holiday season.
Free Shipping Day, which takes place today, is expected to send sales to another peak as people struggle to get their items before Christmas Day next week.
Study: Racist language on TV the most offensive
NBC late night starts the season on top
New shows hold up well on Thursday night
Notable trends so far this broadcast season
Nielsen: We’re using the PPM to measure television
Podcast mania: Here are the most popular
The cost of cord cutting: Nearly $1 billion
Rachel, he gets the elevator, I get the shaft
It’s coming: Media Life’s new sports newsletter
Weekend TV: ‘Saturday Night Live’ returns
A pair of pickups for ABC: ‘Speechless’ and ‘Survivor’
The future of Viacom? It may be with CBS.
‘Empire’ falls to second-lowest rating in series history
- Kyle Acquistapace becomes president at Supermoon
- Kevin Grady becomes SVP and ECD at FCB Chicago
- Joachim Bader becomes Central Europe CEO at Wunderman
- David Brewer rises to SVP of program strategy at Bravo & Oxygen
- Christian Kurz rises to SVP of consumer insights at Viacom
- Sandra Oh guesting on ABC's 'American Crime'
- Tiffany Hines and Bailey Chase join Fox's '24: Legacy'
- Molly Parker joins Netflix's 'Lost In Space'
- ‘All My Children’ creator Agnes Nixon dies at 93
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Strategic media planner/buyer needed in Charlotte
Wanted: Media buyer in Providence, Rhode Island
Media buyer wanted in Savannah, Georgia
Needed: Digital media planner/buyer in NJ
Media planner/strategist job in Dallas/Fort Worth