On cable, a pair of record smashers
November 15, 2012
A pair of returning shows set records for their respective cable networks on Tuesday night.
The season six second-half premiere of truTV's "Hardcore Pawn" averaged 3.1 million total viewers, according to Nielsen, basic cable's top program in the 9 p.m. timeslot and the largest live-plus-same-day audience ever for a show on the network.
The reality show's return also ranked No. 2 in the timeslot among viewers 18-49 (1.4 million) and No. 3 among both 18-34s (713,000) and men 18-34 (377,000) on cable.
Elsewhere on cable Tuesday night, the season two premiere of National Geographic Channel's "Doomsday Preppers" posted a 1.0 rating among viewers 25-54, up 25 percent from the season one debut and the highest-rated season premiere in the network's 11-year history.
The premiere averaged 1.3 million total viewers and 863,000 viewers 25-54, becoming the network's highest-rated Tuesday night telecast ever.
A record gain in L+3 for ABC’s ‘Murder’
New dramas hold up on Monday night
FCC spikes the NFL blackout rule
NBC wins premiere week, yet again
New way to measure magazine audiences
Why programmatic ad buying is so hot
The lasting wisdom of John Mack Carter
‘Stalker,’ short on chills, fewer thrills
So, what’s the future for celebrity magazines?
One final tribute to the late Joan Rivers
Facebook’s new ad program Atlas is finally here
Study: Apple dominates the mobile market
‘Red Band’ rebounds with L+3 viewing
- Gene Paek becomes executive digital director at TDA_Boulder
- Haley Greenwald-Gonella becomes marketing manager at Giant Spoon
- Fox executive director of publicity Josh Governale exits
- Joanna Coles and Donna Kalajian Lagani join Seventeen
- Jayne Jamison, Sue Katzen and Jill Seelig shift roles at Hearst
- Justin Squezello becomes CFO at Magnetic
- John Geehreng becomes senior flame artist at Click 3X
- Kal Penn becomes special correspondent at Fusion
- Angela Kinsey joins TBS's 'Your Family or Mine'
- Josh Holloway joins USA's drama pilot 'Colony'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media assistant position in Boise, Idaho
Online media buyer position in San Francisco
Senior media planner/buyer job in Des Moines
Needed: Inside multimedia sales rep in Mass.
Radio media buyer opening in Orange, California