On cable, a pair of record smashers
November 15, 2012
A pair of returning shows set records for their respective cable networks on Tuesday night.
The season six second-half premiere of truTV's "Hardcore Pawn" averaged 3.1 million total viewers, according to Nielsen, basic cable's top program in the 9 p.m. timeslot and the largest live-plus-same-day audience ever for a show on the network.
The reality show's return also ranked No. 2 in the timeslot among viewers 18-49 (1.4 million) and No. 3 among both 18-34s (713,000) and men 18-34 (377,000) on cable.
Elsewhere on cable Tuesday night, the season two premiere of National Geographic Channel's "Doomsday Preppers" posted a 1.0 rating among viewers 25-54, up 25 percent from the season one debut and the highest-rated season premiere in the network's 11-year history.
The premiere averaged 1.3 million total viewers and 863,000 viewers 25-54, becoming the network's highest-rated Tuesday night telecast ever.
Cable overnights: ‘Sons of Liberty’ rebounds
Finally, Super Bowl ads are sold out
Univision picks up rights to Miss Universe
Meredith buys more health titles
The greater significance of ‘Empire’
GoDaddy yanks controversial Super Bowl ad
CBS’s ‘CSI’ surges to season high Tuesday
State of the Union soars on Twitter
It’s now suddenly tight among 18-49s
NBC’s big Super Bowl bet on ‘Blacklist’
How cable plans to counter Super Bowl
‘Fortitude,’ murder in a faraway place
Russian spies and their family ties
- Bryce McTavish becomes SVP at The Integer Group
- Betsy Fischer Martin becomes contributing editor at More
- Brent Cunningham joins Food & Environment Reporting Network
- Rehan Iqbal and Garen Karnikian rise at True North
- Ari Buchalter and Michael Lamb become co-presidents at MediaMath
- Jacob Chappell becomes VP of sales at SOCi
- Shania Twain starring in ABC concert special
- Jerry Ferrara joins Starz's drama 'Power'
- Nick Jonas joins the cast of Fox's 'Scream Queens'
- Rita Ora performing on ABC's Academy Awards telecast
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media buyer opening in San Francisco
Digital media buyer job in Minneapolis
Programmatic media planner wanted in New York
Assistant digital media planner job in Dearborn, Michigan
Media planner/buyer position in Baltimore