On cable, a pair of record smashers
November 15, 2012
A pair of returning shows set records for their respective cable networks on Tuesday night.
The season six second-half premiere of truTV's "Hardcore Pawn" averaged 3.1 million total viewers, according to Nielsen, basic cable's top program in the 9 p.m. timeslot and the largest live-plus-same-day audience ever for a show on the network.
The reality show's return also ranked No. 2 in the timeslot among viewers 18-49 (1.4 million) and No. 3 among both 18-34s (713,000) and men 18-34 (377,000) on cable.
Elsewhere on cable Tuesday night, the season two premiere of National Geographic Channel's "Doomsday Preppers" posted a 1.0 rating among viewers 25-54, up 25 percent from the season one debut and the highest-rated season premiere in the network's 11-year history.
The premiere averaged 1.3 million total viewers and 863,000 viewers 25-54, becoming the network's highest-rated Tuesday night telecast ever.
‘American Idol’ finale takes a big dive
CBS upfront analysis: Cruising at full speed
ESPN snags U.S. Open rights away from CBS
NBC: We’re seeing record Olympics ad sales
CW upfront leftovers: Comedy in the wings
Carell returns for ‘The Office’ finale
For the CW, changes on every night
‘Does Someone Have to Go?,’ yikes
For USA, a new focus on laughs
Imagine, a crowdfunded newspaper
Best tube bets this weekend
So, how will the upfront shake out?
Fox wins night but part one of ‘Idol’ finale fades
- Chris Newport and Soyoung Kim join Billups Worldwide
- Melanie Hughes becomes EVP of human resources at Tribune
- Ben Widdicombe becomes contributing editor at The New York Observer
- Jennifer Lopez becomes CCO at NUVOtv
- Jason Shafton becomes VP of brand marketing at Comedy Central
- Clifford S. Harris rises to SVP of law and programming at Cablevision
- Steve Sinicropi becomes VP and market manager at Entercom
- Bob Pares becomes EVP of sales development at NewMediaMetrics
- Matthew Zeitlin becomes economics and finance reporter at BuzzFeed
- Nick Cannon leaving his syndicated radio show
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Associate media director in New York
Digital media planner opening in Boston
Assistant media planner in Jacksonville, Fla.
Digital media specialist job in Austin
Opening: New business director for West Coast