On cable, a pair of record smashers
November 15, 2012
A pair of returning shows set records for their respective cable networks on Tuesday night.
The season six second-half premiere of truTV's "Hardcore Pawn" averaged 3.1 million total viewers, according to Nielsen, basic cable's top program in the 9 p.m. timeslot and the largest live-plus-same-day audience ever for a show on the network.
The reality show's return also ranked No. 2 in the timeslot among viewers 18-49 (1.4 million) and No. 3 among both 18-34s (713,000) and men 18-34 (377,000) on cable.
Elsewhere on cable Tuesday night, the season two premiere of National Geographic Channel's "Doomsday Preppers" posted a 1.0 rating among viewers 25-54, up 25 percent from the season one debut and the highest-rated season premiere in the network's 11-year history.
The premiere averaged 1.3 million total viewers and 863,000 viewers 25-54, becoming the network's highest-rated Tuesday night telecast ever.
Another magazine bids farewell to print: Complex
Coming soon from Hearst, Pioneer Woman magazine
New from Google: New York’s holiday windows
Solid but not spectacular numbers for ‘Hairspray’
New from Facebook, a tool testing for fake news
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Cable overnights: Big decline for Leah Remini show
Yet another suitor lines up for Time Inc.
What’s hot and what’s not in syndication this fall
Struggling Pandora unveils its challenge to Spotify
It’s here: Media Life’s Hispanic Premium Newsletter
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
Hot this holiday season: Taraji P. Henson
- ABC ad sales president Geri Wang retiring
- Lydia Polgreen becomes editor at The Huffington Post
- Laura Henderson becomes SVP of marketing at BuzzFeed
- Erin McPherson becomes head of content strategy at Verizon
- Josephine Livingstone becomes culture writer at The New Republic
- Jessica Lichtenfeld becomes associate consultant at Coleman Insights
- Julie Ginches and Glenn Kiladis join ViralGains
- Stephan Horbelt becomes executive editor at Hornet
- Tony Rock hosting TV One's 'The Game of Dating'
- New York Times Vietnam guide Nguyen Ngoc Luong dies at 79
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Luxury media sales in Chicago
Public relations account supervisor in Atlanta
SEO and SEM manager opening in Pittsburgh
Media supervisor opening in New York
Media buyer/planner position in Madison, WI