Obie Awards: 42 winners, including 11 golds
May 22, 2013
The Outdoor Advertising Association of America recognized 42 Obie Awards winners last night, honoring the best in out-of-home advertising.
Three campaigns took home the top prizes.
Droga5 earned best billboard campaign for one for Prudential Financial that focused on stories from real people about their retirement.
Best street furniture, transit or alternative campaign went to Show Media/Dom Camera & Company for its campaign for Bravo’s “Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis,” which included branding and decorating a fleet of New York City cabs and offering passengers free rides in them.
And TBWA\Chiat\Day won best multi-format campaign for blending a variety of OOH advertising, including billboards, bus shelters, bus wraps and walls, to illustrate the elegance of greyhound dogs in a campaign for Absolut’s Greyhound cocktail.
In addition, 11 gold and 28 silver Obies were handed out last night. Leo Burnett Chicago won gold and silver for its “Mayhem is Everywhere” campaign for Allstate and the Sprint EVO “Unlimited Love” campaign.
Laughlin Constable also earned a gold and silver for campaigns for the Wisconsin Department of Tourism and the Lung Cancer Alliance.
Nickelodeon upfront: Cutting the cord
FCC votes yes on new net neutrality laws
Solid rebound for Fox’s Daytona 500
Yes, ‘Empire’ hits yet another series high
Alas, 2014 wasn’t good for advertising
The Big Four: Crossing the big gray line
The midseason’s winners and losers
Pretending to be Michael Jordan
‘Secrets and Lies,’ hidden a bit too well
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
For ABC, one smart Thursday play
Study: Most of us have binge watched a show
Cable overnights: OWN’s ‘Haves’ tops the night
- Dan Matarelli becomes VP and director at SMG Performance Marketing
- Chris Gyorgy becomes group creative director at Havas Chicago
- Jonathan Lewis and Dave Ortega rise at McKee Wallwork + Co.
- Alan Brydon becomes CEO at the Outdoor Media Centre
- Mike Sundet becomes director of sports and entertainment at Momentum
- Remy Stern rises to chief digital officer at The New York Post
- Deena Schacter joins and Katie Tomlinson rises at Veranda
- Luz Maria Doria, Irma Martinez and Luz Avila-Kyncl join Siempre Mujer
- Mark Boudreaux becomes director of sales at Entercom New Orleans
- Duncan Lawrence and Sharna Morelli rise at Morpace
- Rob Stone becomes studio host for Fox's Women's World Cup
- Andrew J. West joins CW's 'Dead People'
- Adam Rodriguez joins ABC drama pilot 'Runner'
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager
Digital media buyer job in Springfield, MO
Assistant media planner job in Santa Monica
Digital media planner opening in Las Vegas