Obie Awards: 42 winners, including 11 golds
May 22, 2013
The Outdoor Advertising Association of America recognized 42 Obie Awards winners last night, honoring the best in out-of-home advertising.
Three campaigns took home the top prizes.
Droga5 earned best billboard campaign for one for Prudential Financial that focused on stories from real people about their retirement.
Best street furniture, transit or alternative campaign went to Show Media/Dom Camera & Company for its campaign for Bravo’s “Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis,” which included branding and decorating a fleet of New York City cabs and offering passengers free rides in them.
And TBWA\Chiat\Day won best multi-format campaign for blending a variety of OOH advertising, including billboards, bus shelters, bus wraps and walls, to illustrate the elegance of greyhound dogs in a campaign for Absolut’s Greyhound cocktail.
In addition, 11 gold and 28 silver Obies were handed out last night. Leo Burnett Chicago won gold and silver for its “Mayhem is Everywhere” campaign for Allstate and the Sprint EVO “Unlimited Love” campaign.
Laughlin Constable also earned a gold and silver for campaigns for the Wisconsin Department of Tourism and the Lung Cancer Alliance.
Another series low for ‘American Idol’
‘Duck’ flies higher after season low
Disney Interactive chops 700 jobs
NBC’s dilemma: Whither ‘Community’?
‘Late Night With Seth Meyers,’ go to bed
Rachel, I’ve been stuck bigtime by co-workers
‘Resurrection,’ it’s got a shot
Tell us, are you happy with your salary?
Best tube bets this weekend
Shocker: Isaiah Washington back on ‘Grey’s’
ABC, CBS and Fox bounce back on Wednesday
RJ Palmer, Varick and TargetCast merge into Assembly
Pew: Pope’s getting good buzz on Twitter
- Heather Sandford becomes digital media manager at Ad Partners
- Martin Mohr becomes creative director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Carlos Sanchez becomes EVP and GM at Fox Deportes
- Greg Daniel, Laura Nelson, Saul Rosenberg and Marcy Shinder join Nielsen
- Liz Coddington and Melissa Stein join Adara Global
- Akiba Solomon becomes editorial director at Colorlines
- Matthew Galkin rises to partner at Warrior Poets
- Carlos Hermosillo joins Telemundo's sportscasting team
- Brooke Burke-Charvet guesting on ABC Family's 'Melissa & Joey'
- Gabriel Luna starring in El Rey Network's 'Matador'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior planner/buyer opening in Daytona Beach
Media coordinator job in Anchroage
Media planner opening in San Francisco
Media planner/buyer opening in Ancorage
Online marketing media buyer in Camas, Wash.