Obie Awards: 42 winners, including 11 golds
May 22, 2013
The Outdoor Advertising Association of America recognized 42 Obie Awards winners last night, honoring the best in out-of-home advertising.
Three campaigns took home the top prizes.
Droga5 earned best billboard campaign for one for Prudential Financial that focused on stories from real people about their retirement.
Best street furniture, transit or alternative campaign went to Show Media/Dom Camera & Company for its campaign for Bravo’s “Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis,” which included branding and decorating a fleet of New York City cabs and offering passengers free rides in them.
And TBWA\Chiat\Day won best multi-format campaign for blending a variety of OOH advertising, including billboards, bus shelters, bus wraps and walls, to illustrate the elegance of greyhound dogs in a campaign for Absolut’s Greyhound cocktail.
In addition, 11 gold and 28 silver Obies were handed out last night. Leo Burnett Chicago won gold and silver for its “Mayhem is Everywhere” campaign for Allstate and the Sprint EVO “Unlimited Love” campaign.
Laughlin Constable also earned a gold and silver for campaigns for the Wisconsin Department of Tourism and the Lung Cancer Alliance.
Merely an okay audience for Trump’s big speech
NBC sweeps Republican convention coverage
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Roger Ailes resigns, and Rupert Murdoch steps in
Readers: Fox News will be fine without Ailes
Finding the right Spanish-English media balance
On the way, a new way to measure radio
Rachel, I just can’t get anywhere here
Weekend TV: AMC wraps ‘Hell on Wheels’
Cable overnights: ‘Mr. Robot’ slips in second week
How Nielsen is beefing up its ad viewability options
NBC tops Fox and CBS combined on Wednesday
British Open scores for new carrier NBC
- Jeff Davidoff becomes president at Walton Isaacson
- Renato Fernandez and Doug Menezes rise at TBWA
- Isaac Mizrahi becomes chair-elect at AHAA
- John Solaro and Roger Tsai join Disney|ABC Television Group
- Sarah Geismer becomes VP of comedy at 20th Century Fox TV
- Diego Rodriguez becomes chief security officer at Univision
- Chris Mancivalano becomes associate marketing director at People en Español
- Meghan Bentley becomes VP of business development at Tapad
- Damian Hurley joins the cast of E!'s 'The Royals'
- Malik Yoba joins ABC's 'Designated Survivor'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: May 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Needed: Print media buyer in Chicago
Digital media buyer wanted in El Segundo
Media buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media planner wanted in Salt Lake City
Direct mail media planner job in Minneapolis