Obie Awards: 42 winners, including 11 golds
May 22, 2013
The Outdoor Advertising Association of America recognized 42 Obie Awards winners last night, honoring the best in out-of-home advertising.
Three campaigns took home the top prizes.
Droga5 earned best billboard campaign for one for Prudential Financial that focused on stories from real people about their retirement.
Best street furniture, transit or alternative campaign went to Show Media/Dom Camera & Company for its campaign for Bravo’s “Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis,” which included branding and decorating a fleet of New York City cabs and offering passengers free rides in them.
And TBWA\Chiat\Day won best multi-format campaign for blending a variety of OOH advertising, including billboards, bus shelters, bus wraps and walls, to illustrate the elegance of greyhound dogs in a campaign for Absolut’s Greyhound cocktail.
In addition, 11 gold and 28 silver Obies were handed out last night. Leo Burnett Chicago won gold and silver for its “Mayhem is Everywhere” campaign for Allstate and the Sprint EVO “Unlimited Love” campaign.
Laughlin Constable also earned a gold and silver for campaigns for the Wisconsin Department of Tourism and the Lung Cancer Alliance.
Game 7 smacks a home run for Fox
A buyer’s primer on out of home measurement
‘Olive Kitteridge,’ fine tale brilliantly told
Rachel, talk to me about networking
The new frontier: Digital out of home
Best tube bets this weekend
So, who will win the November sweeps?
The complete TV schedule for election night
‘Sleepy Hollow’ scares up some buzz with Lyft
NBC Universal renews Meredith Vieira’s show
Native advertising gives NY Times a lift
NBC keeps on riding the Breeder’s Cup
‘Black-ish’ grows against World Series Game 7
- Jessie McGuire becomes U.S. strategy director at Elmwood
- Greg McAlinden becomes creative director at ODD
- Nick Ascheim rises and Shaun Hekking joins at BBC Worldwide
- Jonathan Hills becomes VP of digital media at Bravo Media
- Debbie Reichig becomes SVP of sales research at Twentieth TV
- Isaac Payam Ahdout becomes SVP of engineering at Tapad
- Fred Melamed joins Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Lily Rabe appearing on FX's 'American Horror Story'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
- Joel McHale remaining host of E!’s ‘The Soup’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer wanted in Las Vegas
Junior media buyer opening in Venice, California
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin