Obie Awards: 42 winners, including 11 golds
May 22, 2013
The Outdoor Advertising Association of America recognized 42 Obie Awards winners last night, honoring the best in out-of-home advertising.
Three campaigns took home the top prizes.
Droga5 earned best billboard campaign for one for Prudential Financial that focused on stories from real people about their retirement.
Best street furniture, transit or alternative campaign went to Show Media/Dom Camera & Company for its campaign for Bravo’s “Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis,” which included branding and decorating a fleet of New York City cabs and offering passengers free rides in them.
And TBWA\Chiat\Day won best multi-format campaign for blending a variety of OOH advertising, including billboards, bus shelters, bus wraps and walls, to illustrate the elegance of greyhound dogs in a campaign for Absolut’s Greyhound cocktail.
In addition, 11 gold and 28 silver Obies were handed out last night. Leo Burnett Chicago won gold and silver for its “Mayhem is Everywhere” campaign for Allstate and the Sprint EVO “Unlimited Love” campaign.
Laughlin Constable also earned a gold and silver for campaigns for the Wisconsin Department of Tourism and the Lung Cancer Alliance.
‘Sharknado 2′ becomes a monster hit
Phoenix: TV is hot and getting hotter
‘Partners,’ tired joke after tired joke
Rachel, my good friend is such a liar
So, what’s the future for print magazines?
Best tube bets this weekend
NBC renews new comedy ‘Undateable’
Big changes at Fox Business Network
Authorities: Woman pulls gun on Comcast worker
Love Snapchat? How Northeastern of you.
Yet another spinoff for newspaper industry
‘Extant’ holds steady in new later timeslot
Cable’s winners and losers in July
- Carol Lombard becomes VP of integrated production at INNOCEAN USA
- Renee Peterson becomes VP of HR at Hearst Newspapers
- Melissa Drucker rises to SVP of TV sales at BBC America
- Rob Glaser rises to CEO at RealNetworks
- Tim Boell becomes VP of distribution at Outdoor Channel
- Julie Meisner Eagle becomes VP of production at Discovery Life Channel
- Josh Rubin and Allen Weiner join The Daily Dot
- Ilja Goossens becomes VP of business development at LoopMe
- Former football player Brady Quinn joins Fox Sports
- Actress Krysten Ritter guesting NBC's 'The Blacklist'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer manager job in Philadelphia
Assistant media planner wanted in New York
Digital media buyer position in Seattle
National DR media buyer job in Nashville
Mobile media planner opening in San Francisco