Obie Awards: 42 winners, including 11 golds
May 22, 2013
The Outdoor Advertising Association of America recognized 42 Obie Awards winners last night, honoring the best in out-of-home advertising.
Three campaigns took home the top prizes.
Droga5 earned best billboard campaign for one for Prudential Financial that focused on stories from real people about their retirement.
Best street furniture, transit or alternative campaign went to Show Media/Dom Camera & Company for its campaign for Bravo’s “Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis,” which included branding and decorating a fleet of New York City cabs and offering passengers free rides in them.
And TBWA\Chiat\Day won best multi-format campaign for blending a variety of OOH advertising, including billboards, bus shelters, bus wraps and walls, to illustrate the elegance of greyhound dogs in a campaign for Absolut’s Greyhound cocktail.
In addition, 11 gold and 28 silver Obies were handed out last night. Leo Burnett Chicago won gold and silver for its “Mayhem is Everywhere” campaign for Allstate and the Sprint EVO “Unlimited Love” campaign.
Laughlin Constable also earned a gold and silver for campaigns for the Wisconsin Department of Tourism and the Lung Cancer Alliance.
Another syndicated talk show gets the axe
‘The Sisterhood: Becoming Nuns,’ yes
ABC wins fourth Thursday of sweeps
CBS remains on Dish Network, for now
Fox fills out its midseason schedule
A first look at the NewFronts schedule
Aereo is broke-o: Files for Chapter 11
And now, the new show scorecard
Hartford: TV is overrun with retail
‘Hello Ladies: The Movie,’ a bit better
Rachel, I’ve had enough of the bird
What will be the big media stories of 2015?
Best tube bets this weekend
- Sarah Barnett becomes president and GM at BBC America
- Sal Petruzzi rises to SVP of communications at Turner
- Arianne Nardo becomes executive editor at Robb Report Home & Style
- William Shatner joins Syfy's 'Haven'
- Michael Hyatt and Yara Martinez join HBO's 'True Detective'
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson hosting ABC's 'Backstage with Disney on Broadway'
- Scott Brown returning to Fox News Channel
- James Franco hosting NBC's 'Saturday Night Live'
- Merrin Dungey joins ABC’s ‘Once Upon a Time’
- Jennifer Hudson performing on CBS’s ‘A Home for the Holidays’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planning coordinator wanted in Miami
Digital media planner job in Salt Lake City
Media planner/buyer job in Madison, WI
Needed: Media buyer in Baton Rouge
Digital media planner jon in Norwalk, Connecticut