Obama pic sets record for retweets
November 8, 2012
Viewership for this year’s presidential election results may have been down on television, but it set some records online.
Barack Obama’s tweet announcing that he had won re-election became the most-retweeted tweet in the history of Twitter.
Issued at 11:16 p.m. Eastern time, just minutes after most of the networks had declared him the winner, Obama’s tweet said simply “four more years” and linked to a photo of him embracing wife Michelle Obama.
The photo was retweeted more than 781,000 times as of this morning.
And the same picture posted on Facebook became the most-liked photo in the site’s eight-year history, drawing more than 3.9 million “likes” as of this morning.
Twitter clearly saw an election boost. The site reported 30,000 tweets per second at the height of the election results tabulating on Tuesday night, and it served up 31 million election-related tweets on the day.
Game 7 smacks a home run for Fox
A buyer’s primer on out of home measurement
‘Olive Kitteridge,’ fine tale brilliantly told
Rachel, talk to me about networking
The new frontier: Digital out of home
Best tube bets this weekend
So, who will win the November sweeps?
The complete TV schedule for election night
‘Sleepy Hollow’ scares up some buzz with Lyft
NBC Universal renews Meredith Vieira’s show
Native advertising gives NY Times a lift
NBC keeps on riding the Breeder’s Cup
‘Black-ish’ grows against World Series Game 7
- Jessie McGuire becomes U.S. strategy director at Elmwood
- Greg McAlinden becomes creative director at ODD
- Nick Ascheim rises and Shaun Hekking joins at BBC Worldwide
- Jonathan Hills becomes VP of digital media at Bravo Media
- Debbie Reichig becomes SVP of sales research at Twentieth TV
- Isaac Payam Ahdout becomes SVP of engineering at Tapad
- Fred Melamed joins Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Lily Rabe appearing on FX's 'American Horror Story'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
- Joel McHale remaining host of E!’s ‘The Soup’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer wanted in Las Vegas
Junior media buyer opening in Venice, California
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin