Obama gooses ‘Tonight Show’ ratings
October 26, 2012
President Barack Obama is locked in a tight reelection bid against Republican Mitt Romney, but he did win the Nielsen ratings race on Wednesday night.
Obama’s appearance on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” drew the show’s best overnight rating for a Wednesday telecast since March 3, 2010, the week Leno returned to “Tonight” following a nine-month absence.
The show averaged a 4.0 household rating in metered markets, according to Nielsen, and improved on the previous Wednesday’s rating by 48 percent.
“Tonight” had a sharp advantage over ABC’s “Nightline,” the usual late-night leader, which averaged a 3.2, and CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” which drew a 2.6.
The big “Tonight” rating also gave a boost to lead-out “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” which drew a 1.9 at 12:35 a.m., Fallon’s best rating since June 3, 2009.
CBS renews ‘Big Bang’ for three years
Tuesday night comedy blocks take a hit
Fewer check into ‘Bates Motel’ in week two
CBS firms up summer schedule
Anne Sweeney leaving Disney and ABC
Without big events, NBC and CBS tie
Nice slow boil for ‘True Detective’
‘Breaking Boston,’ smart and authentic
Tell us, which bubble shows will survive?
For ‘Men at Work,’ one bang-up job
How to reach Millennials: Do an awkward interview
Cartoon Network upfront: 11 new shows on tap
Moonves: ‘Bang’ may land on Mondays
- Rich Rosenthal becomes North America head of content at Havas
- Drew Pisarra joins and Mark Zadroga rises at SundanceTV
- Hong Qu becomes chief technology officer at Fusion
- Shannon Jamieson Driver and Kendra Rudder rise at HGTV
- Jeff DeLoach becomes publisher at The Abilene Reporter-News
- Rick Cotton becomes chief revenue officer at Ampush
- Noreen Henry becomes VP of business development at Intent Media
- Josh Duhamel joins CBS's upcoming 'Battle Creek'
- Tom Bergeron leaving 'America's Funniest Home Videos'
- Jerry Sandusky's wife appearing on NBC's ‘Today’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media assistant position in Los Angeles
Associate media director opening in Atlanta
Digital media assistant job in Toronto
Media assistant/coordinator in Louisville, Ky.
Digital media planner job in Dallas/Fort Worth