Obama gooses ‘Tonight Show’ ratings
October 26, 2012
President Barack Obama is locked in a tight reelection bid against Republican Mitt Romney, but he did win the Nielsen ratings race on Wednesday night.
Obama’s appearance on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” drew the show’s best overnight rating for a Wednesday telecast since March 3, 2010, the week Leno returned to “Tonight” following a nine-month absence.
The show averaged a 4.0 household rating in metered markets, according to Nielsen, and improved on the previous Wednesday’s rating by 48 percent.
“Tonight” had a sharp advantage over ABC’s “Nightline,” the usual late-night leader, which averaged a 3.2, and CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” which drew a 2.6.
The big “Tonight” rating also gave a boost to lead-out “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” which drew a 1.9 at 12:35 a.m., Fallon’s best rating since June 3, 2009.
Time’s person of the year: Pope Francis
CBS: Our streaming audience has soared
Hot on cable: Shows about shows
Five lessons from ‘The Sound of Music’
Audience shrinks for part two of ‘Bonnie’
The word: Discovery eyeing Scripps
San Francisco: Sports is super hot
‘Rodeo Girls,’ way low in the saddle
Real-time buying: Media’s next revolution
For ‘Duck Dynasty,’ a real holiday tweet
Twitter alive with ‘The Sound of Music’
DVR viewers boost ABC to first-place tie
NBC wins another Monday with singing shows
- Andre Laurentino becomes global ECD at Ogilvy
- Stephen Mooallem becomes executive editor at Harper's Bazaar
- Kitty Morgan becomes assistant managing editor at SF Chronicle
- Henry Hoberman joins and Douglas Jacobs rises at A&E Networks
- David Mandell becomes EVP and general counsel at TVGN
- Mark Adams becomes VP of Portland programming at Clear Channel
- Carolyn Bigda becomes contributing editor at Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Tal Perry becomes chief business officer at MassiveImpact
- Raj Gill becomes VP of automotive at Adconion Direct
- Bret Michaels guesting on NBC's 'Revolution'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in New York
Senior media buyer and planner in Denver
Programmatic media director in Chicago
Senior media planner position in Calgaray
Senior media planner in Midtown Manhattan