Obama gooses ‘Tonight Show’ ratings
October 26, 2012
President Barack Obama is locked in a tight reelection bid against Republican Mitt Romney, but he did win the Nielsen ratings race on Wednesday night.
Obama’s appearance on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” drew the show’s best overnight rating for a Wednesday telecast since March 3, 2010, the week Leno returned to “Tonight” following a nine-month absence.
The show averaged a 4.0 household rating in metered markets, according to Nielsen, and improved on the previous Wednesday’s rating by 48 percent.
“Tonight” had a sharp advantage over ABC’s “Nightline,” the usual late-night leader, which averaged a 3.2, and CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” which drew a 2.6.
The big “Tonight” rating also gave a boost to lead-out “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” which drew a 1.9 at 12:35 a.m., Fallon’s best rating since June 3, 2009.
Solid bump for Fox’s ‘Bones’ on Thursday
Fox’s summer play: Keeping it real
Sponsors give FIFA a yellow card
‘Unreal,’ aptly titled and quite true
Rachel, what’s your best career advice?
Tell us, how do you rate the fall lineups?
Weekend TV: NHL playoffs heat up
Three-year high for NBA on ESPN
Hulu drops the Duggar family
Judge: Yahoo class action can proceed
New ‘Daily Show’ host will bow this fall
Fox wins night as ‘MasterChef’ rebounds
This season’s broadcast superlatives
- Sherri Goldstein becomes director of integrated strategy at Moonrocks
- Anand Kini becomes CFO at NBCUniversal
- John Verre rises to VP of automotive sales at Cablevision
- Tom Callahan becomes CFO at Reader's Digest Association
- Nicole Flatow becomes enterprise editor at Guardian U.S.
- Chris Connelly becomes interim editor in chief at Grantland
- Sean Lindsay rises to chief technology officer at Tapjoy
- Neil Janowitz becomes editorial director at Vulture.com
- John McCauley becomes VP of content and strategy at OneUp Sports
- Randy Jackson signs production deal with Endemol Shine North America
- Former head of King World Michael King dies at age 66
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Display media planner opening in Chicago
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh