Obama gooses ‘Tonight Show’ ratings
October 26, 2012
President Barack Obama is locked in a tight reelection bid against Republican Mitt Romney, but he did win the Nielsen ratings race on Wednesday night.
Obama’s appearance on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” drew the show’s best overnight rating for a Wednesday telecast since March 3, 2010, the week Leno returned to “Tonight” following a nine-month absence.
The show averaged a 4.0 household rating in metered markets, according to Nielsen, and improved on the previous Wednesday’s rating by 48 percent.
“Tonight” had a sharp advantage over ABC’s “Nightline,” the usual late-night leader, which averaged a 3.2, and CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” which drew a 2.6.
The big “Tonight” rating also gave a boost to lead-out “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” which drew a 1.9 at 12:35 a.m., Fallon’s best rating since June 3, 2009.
Buh-bye, Boo Boo: TLC cancels reality show
‘Thursday Night Football’ goes out on top
No new shows have been axed. Why?
Magazines’ one area of hurt: On PCs
‘Death Comes to Pemberley,’ dear Jane
Rachel, I’ve gone years with no raise
Tell us, what’s your take on Martha Stewart?
Best tube bets this weekend
World Series viewership rises in Game 2
Behind AMC’s decision to buy into BBC America
Final cable upfront tally: Down from last year
FCC: Media mega-mergers are on hold
Competition holds up against World Series
- Matt Herrmann becomes CSO at Pereira & O’Dell
- Jeff Maldavir rises to VP of client services at Millennium Communications
- Peter Lattman rises to deputy business editor at The NY Times
- Boris Gartner becomes chief strategy officer at Fusion
- Paul Greenberg becomes CEO at Nylon Media
- Andrew Horlick rises to VP of sales at Bidtellect
- Courtney Love joins the cast of Fox's 'Empire’
- Steve Coogan replacing late Philip Seymour Hoffman in Showtime's 'Happyish'
- Michelle Trachtenberg guesting on Fox's 'Sleepy Hollow'
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media buyer/planner job in Norcross, Georgia
Associate media planner wanted in Chicago