Obama gooses ‘Tonight Show’ ratings
October 26, 2012
President Barack Obama is locked in a tight reelection bid against Republican Mitt Romney, but he did win the Nielsen ratings race on Wednesday night.
Obama’s appearance on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” drew the show’s best overnight rating for a Wednesday telecast since March 3, 2010, the week Leno returned to “Tonight” following a nine-month absence.
The show averaged a 4.0 household rating in metered markets, according to Nielsen, and improved on the previous Wednesday’s rating by 48 percent.
“Tonight” had a sharp advantage over ABC’s “Nightline,” the usual late-night leader, which averaged a 3.2, and CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” which drew a 2.6.
The big “Tonight” rating also gave a boost to lead-out “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” which drew a 1.9 at 12:35 a.m., Fallon’s best rating since June 3, 2009.
Lester Holt starts strong as ‘Nightly News’ anchor
Sunday’s ‘BET Awards’ slips on Twitter
NBC’s ‘Ninja’ and ‘Island’ grow
Wack job: A Donald Trump rantalogue
Upfront update: CBS nears finish line
NBC to Donald Trump: You’re fired
Peek into Jerry Seinfield’s apartment
‘Zoo,’ best when the claws are out
So tell us, how are upfront negotiations going?
Soccer showdown: U.S. vs. Germany
Readers get it wrong on Trump and NBC
PETA boos use of animals on ‘Zoo’
CW’s ‘iZombie’ shows life with DVR viewing
- David 'Doc' O'Connor becomes CEO at Madison Square Garden Co.
- Ali Salama rises to publisher at Bloomberg Pursuits
- Nigel M. Smith becomes U.S. entertainment writer at The Guardian
- Peter Oborne becomes political columnist at The Daily Mail
- Kaelyn Forde becomes executive editor of news at Refinery29
- Patrick McGraw becomes SVP and GM at Marketing Management Analytics
- Peter Roland becomes Toronto VP and GM at Mode Media
- Patrizio Spagnoletto becomes CMO at SteelHouse
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta
Media planner position in Minneapolis
Media buyer position in Sacramento