NYT and WSJ tear down their walls
November 6, 2012
Last week The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal dropped their paywalls during the height of Hurricane Sandy, allowing readers to get the very latest on the deadly storm.
Today they’re doing it again for the presidential election. WSJ.com’s paywall will come down at 5 p.m., while The Times’ will come down at 6 p.m.
Both will remain free for 24 hours as they post the latest in the presidential and other regional and state elections.
It marks only the third time in the history of the Times’ paywall, which went up a year and a half ago, that the paywall has been lowered.
The two others were Sandy, a period that lasted for five days, and during last year’s run-up to Hurricane Irene, another storm that hit New York City hard.
Tags: election, Hurricane Irene, hurricane sandy, new york city, new york times, newspaper paywalls, newspapers, nyt, nyt paywall, paywall, paywalls, people, presidential election, The Wall Street Journal, wall street journal, wsj, wsj paywall
Univision picks up rights to Miss Universe
Meredith buys up more health titles
The greater significance of ‘Empire’
CBS’s ‘CSI’ surges to season high Tuesday
State of the Union soars on Twitter
GoDaddy yanks controversial Super Bowl ad
It’s now suddenly tight among 18-49s
NBC’s big Super Bowl bet on ‘Blacklist’
How cable plans to counter Super Bowl
‘Fortitude,’ murder in a faraway place
So tell us, who will win Sunday’s Super Bowl?
Russian spies and their family ties
Cable overnights: ‘Love and Hip Hop’ grows
- Bryce McTavish becomes SVP at The Integer Group
- Betsy Fischer Martin becomes contributing editor at More
- Brent Cunningham joins Food & Environment Reporting Network
- Rehan Iqbal and Garen Karnikian rise at True North
- Ari Buchalter and Michael Lamb become co-presidents at MediaMath
- Jacob Chappell becomes VP of sales at SOCi
- Shania Twain starring in ABC concert special
- Jerry Ferrara joins Starz's drama 'Power'
- Nick Jonas joins the cast of Fox's 'Scream Queens'
- Rita Ora performing on ABC's Academy Awards telecast
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media buyer opening in San Francisco
Digital media buyer job in Minneapolis
Programmatic media planner wanted in New York
Assistant digital media planner job in Dearborn, Michigan
Media planner/buyer position in Baltimore