NFL: We may delay the Super Bowl
December 20, 2013
Here’s the danger of scheduling the Super Bowl in a cold-weather locale where you’re not playing in a dome: It could snow.
The NFL is making contingency plans just in case the New Jersey stadium where the 2014 Super Bowl will be played is hit with a blizzard come Feb. 2.
The league said this week that it would reschedule the game if conditions are unplayable, though it will still take place if there’s just a little snow.
It is considering rescheduling the game for Saturday, if the forecast calls for a lot of snow, or Monday, if snow hits unexpectedly on Sunday night.
Of course, advertisers may be concerned about what such a change would mean to ratings. The Super Bowl is annually the most-watched show on TV.
Apple: We’re investigating iCloud vulnerability
A&E cancels top scripted show ‘Longmire’
Study: Mobile app ads get higher CTR
Netflix pays big bucks for ‘The Blacklist’
The latest carriage dispute: Raycom vs. DirecTV
Fox’s ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ rebounds
Suddenly scripted series are the rage
Why TV is relying less on advertising
‘Houdini,’ here’s something to get out of
Best tube bets this weekend
Little League World Series hits a home run
OOH spending grows, but more slowly
Cable overnights: ‘Chelsea’ goes out with a bang
- Bert Hamaoui becomes group media director at MeringCarson in San Diego
- TNT and TBS programming chief Michael Wright leaving Turner
- Rona Fairhead becomes chairman of the BBC Trust
- Jim Louderback leaving Discovery Digital Networks
- Joan Rivers remains in serious condition
- Chelsea Clinton exits NBC News
- Enver Gjokaj and Chad Michael Murray join ABC’s ‘Agent Carter’
- Syfy cancels Wil Wheaton’s show
- ‘The Following’ showrunner Jennifer Johnson exits
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Junior media planner job in the Washington area
Senior media buyer/planner job in Rochester
Needed: Receptionist for a media agency
Media buyer position in Greenville, SC
Digital media analyst job in Greenville, SC