NFL: We may delay the Super Bowl
December 20, 2013
Here’s the danger of scheduling the Super Bowl in a cold-weather locale where you’re not playing in a dome: It could snow.
The NFL is making contingency plans just in case the New Jersey stadium where the 2014 Super Bowl will be played is hit with a blizzard come Feb. 2.
The league said this week that it would reschedule the game if conditions are unplayable, though it will still take place if there’s just a little snow.
It is considering rescheduling the game for Saturday, if the forecast calls for a lot of snow, or Monday, if snow hits unexpectedly on Sunday night.
Of course, advertisers may be concerned about what such a change would mean to ratings. The Super Bowl is annually the most-watched show on TV.
Fox’s ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ rebounds
Suddenly scripted series are the rage
Why TV is relying less on advertising
‘Houdini,’ here’s something to get out of
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
Best tube bets this weekend
Little League World Series hits a home run
OOH spending grows, but more slowly
Cable overnights: ‘Chelsea’ goes out with a bang
NBC News president ruffles employees’ feathers
NBC wins Tuesday with growing reality shows
Fox head of sales Jean Rossi is leaving
Forecast: A good but not great 2014
- Colin Barlow rises to COO at GroupM Global
- Three rise in production and development at TLC
- Jonathan Stern becomes head of business development at Fusion
- Hunter Lewis becomes editor at Cooking Light
- Christian Baesler becomes president at Bauer Xcel Media
- Kent Ebersole becomes VP and GM at Active Interest Media
- Terry Duffy rises to group publisher at Palm Beach Media Group
- Chris Lencheski becomes head of sales at Back9Network
- Kei Huang becomes director of analytics at Keek
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren guesting on CBS's 'The Late Show'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media buyer/planner job in Rochester
Needed: Receptionist for a media agency
Media buyer position in Greenville, SC
Digital media analyst job in Greenville, SC
Media planner/buyer opening in Detroit