NFL: We may delay the Super Bowl
December 20, 2013
Here’s the danger of scheduling the Super Bowl in a cold-weather locale where you’re not playing in a dome: It could snow.
The NFL is making contingency plans just in case the New Jersey stadium where the 2014 Super Bowl will be played is hit with a blizzard come Feb. 2.
The league said this week that it would reschedule the game if conditions are unplayable, though it will still take place if there’s just a little snow.
It is considering rescheduling the game for Saturday, if the forecast calls for a lot of snow, or Monday, if snow hits unexpectedly on Sunday night.
Of course, advertisers may be concerned about what such a change would mean to ratings. The Super Bowl is annually the most-watched show on TV.
Solid bump for Fox’s ‘Bones’ on Thursday
Fox’s summer play: Keeping it real
Sponsors give FIFA a yellow card
‘Unreal,’ aptly titled and quite true
Rachel, what’s your best career advice?
Tell us, how do you rate the fall lineups?
Weekend TV: NHL playoffs heat up
Three-year high for NBA on ESPN
Hulu drops the Duggar family
Judge: Yahoo class action can proceed
New ‘Daily Show’ host will bow this fall
Fox wins night as ‘MasterChef’ rebounds
This season’s broadcast superlatives
- Sherri Goldstein becomes director of integrated strategy at Moonrocks
- Anand Kini becomes CFO at NBCUniversal
- John Verre rises to VP of automotive sales at Cablevision
- Tom Callahan becomes CFO at Reader's Digest Association
- Nicole Flatow becomes enterprise editor at Guardian U.S.
- Chris Connelly becomes interim editor in chief at Grantland
- Sean Lindsay rises to chief technology officer at Tapjoy
- Neil Janowitz becomes editorial director at Vulture.com
- John McCauley becomes VP of content and strategy at OneUp Sports
- Randy Jackson signs production deal with Endemol Shine North America
- Former head of King World Michael King dies at age 66
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Display media planner opening in Chicago
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh