NFL: We may delay the Super Bowl
December 20, 2013
Here’s the danger of scheduling the Super Bowl in a cold-weather locale where you’re not playing in a dome: It could snow.
The NFL is making contingency plans just in case the New Jersey stadium where the 2014 Super Bowl will be played is hit with a blizzard come Feb. 2.
The league said this week that it would reschedule the game if conditions are unplayable, though it will still take place if there’s just a little snow.
It is considering rescheduling the game for Saturday, if the forecast calls for a lot of snow, or Monday, if snow hits unexpectedly on Sunday night.
Of course, advertisers may be concerned about what such a change would mean to ratings. The Super Bowl is annually the most-watched show on TV.
The outlook for Black Friday: Strong
About those Nazi symbols on the subway
ABC’s AMAs telecast holds strong on Twitter
Advertisers: Get us third-party viewability data
NBC dominates the November sweep
Six mantras for newspaper sales reps
‘Dancing with the Stars’ hits season high
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Laying bets on ‘Thursday Night Football’
Understanding the Hispanic shopper
Behind OOH’s strong third quarter
Laugh and cry and pas de bourree
The word: NBC settles latest Trump dustup
- HLN general manager Albie Hecht exits
- Keith Kazerman becomes head of ad sales strategy at Discovery
- John Geddes becomes political editor at Bloomberg Politics
- Michelle Dvorkin becomes EVP of human resources at XO Group
- David U. Simon becomes chief marketing officer at Social Flow
- Matt Bomer starring in Amazon's 'The Last Tycoon'
- Taraji P. Henson and Terrence Howard hosting Fox special
- LL Cool J hosting CBS's 'A Home for the Holidays'
- Al Roker and Hoda Kotb hosting NBC's Rose Parade coverage
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck leaving Fox News Channel
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in Boston
Assistant media planner job in Torrance, Calif.
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York