NFL: We may delay the Super Bowl
December 20, 2013
Here’s the danger of scheduling the Super Bowl in a cold-weather locale where you’re not playing in a dome: It could snow.
The NFL is making contingency plans just in case the New Jersey stadium where the 2014 Super Bowl will be played is hit with a blizzard come Feb. 2.
The league said this week that it would reschedule the game if conditions are unplayable, though it will still take place if there’s just a little snow.
It is considering rescheduling the game for Saturday, if the forecast calls for a lot of snow, or Monday, if snow hits unexpectedly on Sunday night.
Of course, advertisers may be concerned about what such a change would mean to ratings. The Super Bowl is annually the most-watched show on TV.
A strong sendoff for NBC’s ‘Parenthood’
Readers: It will be a record Super Bowl
The rest of the best of the Super Bowl
‘Kids Baking Championship,’ what fun
Rachel, the stress from work is too much
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘Americans’ dips slightly
New from Snapchat, meet Discover
Survey: Native advertising will soar this year
Coming soon: Nick without the cable bill
Disney Junior planning Latin-inspired princess
‘Empire’ holds steady in fourth week
- Jeremy Gibney and Rob Esmundo join San Francisco agency Eleven
- Paul Pastor becomes EVP of network strategy at Discovery Channel
- Amy Hyland and Justin Nesci rise at Nickelodeon
- Pete Rumpel becomes chief sales officer at ABI Research
- Lincoln Lopez becomes VP and GM of social media at Univision
- Jim Lawson becomes regional manager at iHeartMedia
- John Reiss rises to executive producer at NBC's 'Meet the Press'
- Roberto Ruiz becomes news anchor at Azteca America
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS's 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Looking to fill a media planner job in Chicago
Senior media connections planner/buyer in Columbus
Assistant media buyer opening in San Francisco
Digital media buyer job in Minneapolis
Programmatic media planner wanted in New York