NCM upfront: Movie ads go mobile
May 15, 2013
This upfront is more and more about mobile, and it’s not just the broadcast and cable networks that are taking that approach.
At National CineMedia’s NCM Media Networks upfront presentation today, the movie advertising seller emphasized new mobile and social media elements available to advertisers, promising to help reach audiences at every step of the movie experience.
It was the second year NCM has held the event, and it continued to emphasize its position as what it calls America’s No. 1 weekend network, saying its Friday and Saturday audiences are greater than any single television channel.
New programs include a five-minute mobile and online video version of NCM’s FirstLook pre-show program, which airs in theaters before the previews and may feature ads or short features on upcoming movies or TV shows.
NCM will also offer a FirstLook Sync App as part of Regal Entertainment’s RegalApp, which will sync with the FirstLook feature being shown and also remind moviegoers to turn off their cell phones.
NCM is also developing a series in conjunction with Twitter that will be featured on screen and on the social media network, building on the popularity of movie posts on Twitter. The two companies are searching for a presenting sponsor.
And NCM is also partnering with Foursquare to offer local content and offers designed to be relevant to their moviegoing experience.
‘Idol’ fuels Fox past CBS on Thursday
Readers: Expect a record Super Bowl, again
Our rising national obsession with sports
The high cost of ads for the Super Bowl ads
How football stacks up among Hispanics
Rachel, need I go back to school for media?
Weekend TV: The Super Bowl edition
Cable overnights: Another Warriors victory
So-so turnout for ‘Madoff’ miniseries
Sumner Redstone steps down at Viacom, too
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Denver: Bonkers for Broncs’ big game
What’s hot and not for Super Bowl ads
- Ed Castillo becomes global chief strategy officer at Arnold
- Juan Cruz Vassallo becomes associate creative director at the community
- Robert Cappuccino becomes VP of national sales at Foundations Marketing
- Simon White becomes chief strategy officer at FCB West
- Lynn Eastep becomes president at Fathom
- James Bennet becomes president at ASME
- Andrew Edwards becomes director of digital intelligence at Cardinal Path
- Marc Ferrentino becomes EVP of strategy at Yext
- Matt LeBlanc becomes co-host on BBC's 'Top Gear'
- Isabella Rossellini joins the cast of Hulu's 'Shut Eye'
- Seal joins the cast of Fox’s ‘The Passion’
- Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza and Jean Smart join FX’s ‘Legion’
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager