NCM upfront: Movie ads go mobile
May 15, 2013
This upfront is more and more about mobile, and it’s not just the broadcast and cable networks that are taking that approach.
At National CineMedia’s NCM Media Networks upfront presentation today, the movie advertising seller emphasized new mobile and social media elements available to advertisers, promising to help reach audiences at every step of the movie experience.
It was the second year NCM has held the event, and it continued to emphasize its position as what it calls America’s No. 1 weekend network, saying its Friday and Saturday audiences are greater than any single television channel.
New programs include a five-minute mobile and online video version of NCM’s FirstLook pre-show program, which airs in theaters before the previews and may feature ads or short features on upcoming movies or TV shows.
NCM will also offer a FirstLook Sync App as part of Regal Entertainment’s RegalApp, which will sync with the FirstLook feature being shown and also remind moviegoers to turn off their cell phones.
NCM is also developing a series in conjunction with Twitter that will be featured on screen and on the social media network, building on the popularity of movie posts on Twitter. The two companies are searching for a presenting sponsor.
And NCM is also partnering with Foursquare to offer local content and offers designed to be relevant to their moviegoing experience.
The year that was: 2014 by the numbers
Cable overnights: ‘Colbert Report’ surges
Networks: Hey, don’t let Aereo do that
Order from Amazon, get it in an hour
Survey: People trust the internet, for now
Vme TV airing Christmas marathon
‘Survivor’ paces CBS to a Wednesday win
Where people watch online video: PCs
Fact: Folks are addicted to their phones
Kids’ holiday specials are a bit less jolly
‘Mozart in the Jungle,’ lust in the pits
For the final time, ‘The Colbert Report’
Cable overnights: ‘Home Alone’ tops the night
- Justine Bloome becomes head of strategy at Carat USA
- Carol Duncan becomes SVP and CFO at Barker
- Bill Robinson becomes VP of partnership development at Home Team Sports
- Sharon Dastur becomes SVP of programming integration at iHeartMedia
- Tasneem Raja becomes senior digital editor at NPR
- Mike Wilson becomes editor at The Dallas Morning News
- Ian Bremmer becomes foreign affairs columnist at Time
- Dan Berman and Sacha Scoblic join National Journal
- Cosme Lopez rises to SVP and GM of pay-TV at Cisneros Media
- John Lambertus becomes VP of revenue operations at Vdopia
- Former CBS News executive Emerson Stone dies at 86
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer opening in Memphis
Media planner/buyer wanted in Boston
Needed: Digital media coordinator in Roswell, Ga.
Media buyer/digital strategist job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Broadcast media buyer wanted in Denver