NBC wins final week of 2013
January 5, 2014
NBC was a winner in the final full week of 2013.
The network averaged a 2.0 rating among viewers 18-49 during the week ended Dec. 29, according to Nielsen, off slightly from a 2.3 during the same week a year earlier but still easily No. 1 for the week in the demo.
ABC, CBS and Fox all tied for second at a 1.1 rating, followed by Univision with a 0.9, Telemundo with a 0.5 and CW, Ion and UniMás all at a 0.3.
NBC was once again led by “Sunday Night Football,” which was the top program of the week with a 9.3 rating among 18-49s for its final game of the season.
The NFC East title game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys also averaged 27.36 million total viewers, making it the most-watched primetime NFL game of the season.
A repeat of CBS’s “The Big Bang Theory” was the top non-football program of the week, finishing No. 6 overall among 18-49s with a 2.6 rating.
‘Extant’ returns to a series low
Facebook monetizing booming videos
Record crowd turns out for semifinal win
What’s ailng the U. S. media economy
Dallas: TV builds on furniture spending
Wack job: A Donald Trump rantalogue
‘Hollywood Cycle,’ peddling to nowhere
Weekend TV: Women play for title
Cable overnights: ‘Haves’ hits a high
‘Avenida Brasil’ helps boost Telemundo
Microsoft eases out of display advertising
TV Land yanks ‘Dukes of Hazzard’
Okay start for new drama ‘Zoo’
- Chris Garbutt becomes global creative president at TBWA
- Steve Jun becomes CEO at INNOCEAN Worldwide Americas
- Jon Ruppel becomes creative director at Team One
- Karen Kaufman becomes managing partner at Gain Theory
- Clay Fisher becomes SVP of consumer marketing at The NY Times
- Merope Mills and Paul Lewis rise at Guardian U.S.
- Kurt Hoy becomes content strategy director at Bonnier Motorcycle Group
- Mike Zaneis becomes president and CEO at Trustworthy Accountability Group
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta
Media planner position in Minneapolis
Media buyer position in Sacramento