NBC wins final week of 2013
January 5, 2014
NBC was a winner in the final full week of 2013.
The network averaged a 2.0 rating among viewers 18-49 during the week ended Dec. 29, according to Nielsen, off slightly from a 2.3 during the same week a year earlier but still easily No. 1 for the week in the demo.
ABC, CBS and Fox all tied for second at a 1.1 rating, followed by Univision with a 0.9, Telemundo with a 0.5 and CW, Ion and UniMás all at a 0.3.
NBC was once again led by “Sunday Night Football,” which was the top program of the week with a 9.3 rating among 18-49s for its final game of the season.
The NFC East title game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys also averaged 27.36 million total viewers, making it the most-watched primetime NFL game of the season.
A repeat of CBS’s “The Big Bang Theory” was the top non-football program of the week, finishing No. 6 overall among 18-49s with a 2.6 rating.
Cable overnights: ‘O’Reilly’ tops 3 million again
CBS slates summer premiere dates
Nickelodeon upfront: Cutting the cord
FCC votes yes on new net neutrality laws
Solid rebound for Fox’s Daytona 500
Yes, ‘Empire’ hits yet another series high
Alas, 2014 wasn’t good for advertising
Imagine: ‘CSI’ in 150 countries at once
The Big Four: Crossing the big gray line
The midseason’s winners and losers
Pretending to be Michael Jordan
‘Secrets and Lies,’ hidden a bit too well
For ABC, one smart Thursday play
- Dan Matarelli becomes VP and director at SMG Performance Marketing
- Chris Gyorgy becomes group creative director at Havas Chicago
- Jonathan Lewis and Dave Ortega rise at McKee Wallwork + Co.
- Alan Brydon becomes CEO at the Outdoor Media Centre
- Mike Sundet becomes director of sports and entertainment at Momentum
- Remy Stern rises to chief digital officer at The New York Post
- Deena Schacter joins and Katie Tomlinson rises at Veranda
- Luz Maria Doria, Irma Martinez and Luz Avila-Kyncl join Siempre Mujer
- Mark Boudreaux becomes director of sales at Entercom New Orleans
- Duncan Lawrence and Sharna Morelli rise at Morpace
- Rob Stone becomes studio host for Fox's Women's World Cup
- Andrew J. West joins CW's 'Dead People'
- Adam Rodriguez joins ABC drama pilot 'Runner'
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager
Digital media buyer job in Springfield, MO
Assistant media planner job in Santa Monica
Digital media planner opening in Las Vegas