NBC wins final week of 2013
January 5, 2014
NBC was a winner in the final full week of 2013.
The network averaged a 2.0 rating among viewers 18-49 during the week ended Dec. 29, according to Nielsen, off slightly from a 2.3 during the same week a year earlier but still easily No. 1 for the week in the demo.
ABC, CBS and Fox all tied for second at a 1.1 rating, followed by Univision with a 0.9, Telemundo with a 0.5 and CW, Ion and UniMás all at a 0.3.
NBC was once again led by “Sunday Night Football,” which was the top program of the week with a 9.3 rating among 18-49s for its final game of the season.
The NFC East title game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys also averaged 27.36 million total viewers, making it the most-watched primetime NFL game of the season.
A repeat of CBS’s “The Big Bang Theory” was the top non-football program of the week, finishing No. 6 overall among 18-49s with a 2.6 rating.
ABC’s ‘Scandal’ surges to record finale
Fox wins a Wednesday littered with reruns
Philly: Auto driving big TV dollars
Defining the big issues in digital video
A stunt that goes over the rainbow
‘Salem,’ this witches’ brew boils over
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
Best tube bets this weekend
Tuesday cable overnights: Solid start for ‘Fargo’
NBCU: We’re ramping up digital content
‘Divorce Court’ up 24 percent this season
Pivot upfront: Four new shows on the way
ABC’s ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ grows in later timeslot
- Sarah Amatuzio becomes VP and creative director at Alcone
- Tim Nolan becomes group creative director at Huge
- Jonathan Kim rises to digital engineering director at Media Kitchen
- Anand Kini rises to EVP of strategy at NBCUniversal
- Meaghan B. Murphy becomes executive editor at Good Housekeeping
- Mary Jeanne Cavanagh becomes EVP of ad sales at BabyFirst
- Steve McEvoy becomes VP of advertising sales at PageScience
- Howard Schneider becomes Federal Reserve reporter at Reuters
- Former 'The View' co-hosts returning to honor Barbara Walters
- Brad Paisley guesting on CBS's 'Two and a Half Men'
- MSNBC personality Lawrence O'Donnell injured in car accident
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media planner/buyer opening in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer opening in Austin
Online media buyer position in Provo, Utah
Digital media planner/buyer job in Minneapolis
Senior media planner job in Dallas/Fort Worth