NBC wins final week of 2013
January 5, 2014
NBC was a winner in the final full week of 2013.
The network averaged a 2.0 rating among viewers 18-49 during the week ended Dec. 29, according to Nielsen, off slightly from a 2.3 during the same week a year earlier but still easily No. 1 for the week in the demo.
ABC, CBS and Fox all tied for second at a 1.1 rating, followed by Univision with a 0.9, Telemundo with a 0.5 and CW, Ion and UniMás all at a 0.3.
NBC was once again led by “Sunday Night Football,” which was the top program of the week with a 9.3 rating among 18-49s for its final game of the season.
The NFC East title game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys also averaged 27.36 million total viewers, making it the most-watched primetime NFL game of the season.
A repeat of CBS’s “The Big Bang Theory” was the top non-football program of the week, finishing No. 6 overall among 18-49s with a 2.6 rating.
A look at summer’s new hits and misses
Pandora: We’re going advertising-free
Big news: Amazon videos going offline
‘Ninja Warrior’ ties a three-year high
A shift for the ‘Video Music Awards’
Want to reach Hispanics? Try mobile ads.
MTV’s VMAs set a Twitter TV record
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Summer’s top shows among Millennials
The future of agencies: Mining for data
Denver: TV and radio spending are flat
‘Hand of God,’ off to parts unknown
Boost your media IQ. Sign up here.
- Dan Donovan becomes ECD at McCann New York
- Devin Reiter becomes Crispin Porter + Bogusky managing director in Boulder
- Alvaro Cabrera becomes chief strategy officer at DigitasLBi
- Roy Torres becomes creative director at 22squared
- Sarah McNaughton becomes site director at new Dr. Oz site
- David Woolfson and Michael Benowitz become SVPs at Screenvision
- Lindsay Sloane becomes EVP of production at MGM Television
- 'The View' executive producer Bill Wolff exiting
- Scott Van Pelt hosting midnight edition of 'SportsCenter'
- Alex Morgan and Chris Paul appearing on Disney XD's 'Becoming'
- Tom Selleck starring in new 'Jesse Stone' movie at Hallmark Channel
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois