NBC wins final week of 2013
January 5, 2014
NBC was a winner in the final full week of 2013.
The network averaged a 2.0 rating among viewers 18-49 during the week ended Dec. 29, according to Nielsen, off slightly from a 2.3 during the same week a year earlier but still easily No. 1 for the week in the demo.
ABC, CBS and Fox all tied for second at a 1.1 rating, followed by Univision with a 0.9, Telemundo with a 0.5 and CW, Ion and UniMás all at a 0.3.
NBC was once again led by “Sunday Night Football,” which was the top program of the week with a 9.3 rating among 18-49s for its final game of the season.
The NFC East title game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys also averaged 27.36 million total viewers, making it the most-watched primetime NFL game of the season.
A repeat of CBS’s “The Big Bang Theory” was the top non-football program of the week, finishing No. 6 overall among 18-49s with a 2.6 rating.
‘The Simpsons’ receives another boost from the NFL
ABC’s ‘This Week’ posting best numbers in 15 years
NFL scores with Sunday playoffs rising to new heights
Study: Couples who post happy pictures may be unhappy
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
NBC holds steady among 18-49s on Thursday
TV trend that won’t go away: Revivals and reboots
Best of the best: Your weekend media reading list
As a new year begins, Rachel takes a look back
Tell us: What will be the big media stories of 2017?
The rescue of Univision: Chance to get back its mojo
Weekend TV: ‘The Young Pope’ bows on HBO
That time C-SPAN started broadcasting in Russian
- Sara Frucci and Rachel Regan join Young & Laramore
- Evelyn Webster becomes interim CEO at Guardian U.S.
- Wolfgang Blau and Albert Read rise at Condé Nast
- Mike Keller becomes strategic account manager at QuickShift
- Sarah Cristobal becomes executive features director at InStyle
- Corey Lewandowski joins One America News Network
- Kevin Hart producing History's 'The Black Man’s Guide to History'
- Mike Greenberg starring in new ESPN morning show
- Boomer Esiason and Daniela Ruah hosting CBS's 'Super Bowl Greatest Commercials'
- Dakota Fanning joins TNT's 'The Alienist'
- Giancarlo Esposito joins AMC's 'Better Call Saul'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York
Freelance media buyer available