NBC wins final week of 2013
January 5, 2014
NBC was a winner in the final full week of 2013.
The network averaged a 2.0 rating among viewers 18-49 during the week ended Dec. 29, according to Nielsen, off slightly from a 2.3 during the same week a year earlier but still easily No. 1 for the week in the demo.
ABC, CBS and Fox all tied for second at a 1.1 rating, followed by Univision with a 0.9, Telemundo with a 0.5 and CW, Ion and UniMás all at a 0.3.
NBC was once again led by “Sunday Night Football,” which was the top program of the week with a 9.3 rating among 18-49s for its final game of the season.
The NFC East title game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys also averaged 27.36 million total viewers, making it the most-watched primetime NFL game of the season.
A repeat of CBS’s “The Big Bang Theory” was the top non-football program of the week, finishing No. 6 overall among 18-49s with a 2.6 rating.
TLC yanks ’19 Kids and Counting’
‘Late Show’ finale hits 21-year high
‘Modern Family’ falls to low in finale
Once again, ABC wins May sweep
This fall’s five big timeslot battles
Oh my! There goes Marilyn’s skirt.
‘Late Show With David Letterman,’ bravo
Tell us, how do you rate the fall lineups?
Weekend TV: Indy 500 revs up
Cable overnights: NBA stays hot
Fun facts about the Indy 500
Buyouts coming at Wall Street Journal
A record season for Telemundo
- Twelve join California agency David&Goliath
- Ellie Duque becomes publisher at Entertainment Weekly
- CBS Entertainment EVP of comedy Wendi Trilling exiting
- New York Times chief information officer Marc Frons exiting
- Marjorie Miller rises to director of global news at the Associated Press
- Melissa Bell rises to VP of growth and analytics at Vox Media
- Josh Swade becomes executive producer for film and video at Rolling Stone
- Jessica Lussenhop becomes senior writer at BBC News Magazine
- Emily Banks becomes deputy mobile editor at Bloomberg Digital
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Display media planner opening in Chicago
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh