NBC wins final week of 2013
January 5, 2014
NBC was a winner in the final full week of 2013.
The network averaged a 2.0 rating among viewers 18-49 during the week ended Dec. 29, according to Nielsen, off slightly from a 2.3 during the same week a year earlier but still easily No. 1 for the week in the demo.
ABC, CBS and Fox all tied for second at a 1.1 rating, followed by Univision with a 0.9, Telemundo with a 0.5 and CW, Ion and UniMás all at a 0.3.
NBC was once again led by “Sunday Night Football,” which was the top program of the week with a 9.3 rating among 18-49s for its final game of the season.
The NFC East title game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys also averaged 27.36 million total viewers, making it the most-watched primetime NFL game of the season.
A repeat of CBS’s “The Big Bang Theory” was the top non-football program of the week, finishing No. 6 overall among 18-49s with a 2.6 rating.
‘Blindspot’ bumps up in week four
Whoa: No more naked ladies in Playboy
Magazines’ new play: Money-back guarantee
‘American Horror Story’ screams on Twitter
Fall TV’s winners and losers (so far)
L+7 surprises from premiere week
‘Casual,’ that about captures it
Catch the next big wave: Hispanic media
For ‘Best Time Ever,’ a tougher time
WashPost reporter convicted in Iran
OK return for NBC’s sitcom ‘Undateable’
Scripted shows fall vs. strong competition
‘NBC Nightly News’ bests ABC’s strong start
- Toygar Bazarkaya and Matt Howell join Havas Worldwide
- Kathryn McFarlane rises to creative director at Team One
- Steve Elliott becomes VP of branded entertainment at Comedy Central
- BBC director of television Danny Cohen exiting
- Preston Hillman becomes principal data scientist at PushSpring
- Matt Melnick becomes SVP of global sales at Tracx
- Ben Sprecher becomes chief product officer at Catalina
- Cole Wright becomes host of NFL Network's 'NFL HQ'
- Taye Diggs guesting on Fox's 'Rosewood'
- Rihanna performing on CBS's 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show'
- Paul Reubens guesting on Fox's 'Gotham'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York
Media planner wanted in Philadelphia
Media buyer coordinator opening in New Haven