NBC wins final week of 2013
January 5, 2014
NBC was a winner in the final full week of 2013.
The network averaged a 2.0 rating among viewers 18-49 during the week ended Dec. 29, according to Nielsen, off slightly from a 2.3 during the same week a year earlier but still easily No. 1 for the week in the demo.
ABC, CBS and Fox all tied for second at a 1.1 rating, followed by Univision with a 0.9, Telemundo with a 0.5 and CW, Ion and UniMás all at a 0.3.
NBC was once again led by “Sunday Night Football,” which was the top program of the week with a 9.3 rating among 18-49s for its final game of the season.
The NFC East title game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys also averaged 27.36 million total viewers, making it the most-watched primetime NFL game of the season.
A repeat of CBS’s “The Big Bang Theory” was the top non-football program of the week, finishing No. 6 overall among 18-49s with a 2.6 rating.
Cablevision: We’re targeting cord cutters
Study: TV increases risk of obesity
Letterman back on top in late-night
‘Mark & Derek’s Excellent Flip,’ not bad
Jenner interview draws 16.9 million
‘Grey’s Anatomy’ grows with plot twist
Why the Empire State Building is red
Comcast confirms: TWC deal is dead
Nielsen: Cord cutting’s no big deal
Washington, D.C.: TV remains strong
‘Happyish,’ happyish in spite of itself
Rachel, this rep’s driving me bonkers
So, what network will win May sweeps?
- Michael Phillips becomes SVP of technology at LEVEL Studios
- Julien Tessier rises to North America CEO at Diadeis
- Alexis Madrigal rises to editor in chief at Fusion
- Aaron Mehta rises to senior staff writer at Defense News
- Ben Mims and Peter Jon Lindberg joins Saveur magazine
- Faye Brennan rises to senior editor at Women's Health
- Kristin Newman signs overall deal at ABC Studios
- Frank Langella returning for season four of FX's 'The Americans'
- Longtime Tim film critic Richard Corliss dies at age 71
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
Assistant media planner wanted in San Francisco
Media planner position open in Charlotte
Media planner and content manager opportunity
Agency sales opening in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Freelance senior media planner job in Seattle