NBC Sports pushing into radio
June 11, 2012
NBC Sports will soon be challenging ESPN in the world of radio as well as cable television.
In September it will launch NBC Sports Radio Network, which will distribute hourly sports updates, daily features and full-length shows to radio stations via Dial Global.
This isn't the first time NBC has worked with Dial Global. Earlier this year the companies teamed up for NBC News Radio, a 24-hour network that distributes content to more than 700 stations nationally.
NBC Sports Radio's full-length shows will air at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., according to USA Today, and the network will eventually grow to 24 hours a day.
As of yet there are no plans to simulcast TV shows from NBC or NBC Sports Network, which aspires to compete with ESPN on cable.
ESPN Radio is also sports' dominant radiocaster, with affiliates in major markets and a satellite radio station.
Time to winnow the bubble shows
How one agency deals with viewability
Ratings arise for Easter programming
‘American Odyssey,’ lost in the dark
So, what’s your outlook for this year’s upfront?
On April Fools’, celebrating the foolers
Cable overnights: Big turnout for Bieber roast
CBS leads Daytime Emmy Awards noms
Discovery upfront: Big bump in originals
ABC rises Monday as other networks fall
Twitter gets busy with two awards shows
Indianapolis Star’s front-page editorial: ‘Fix this now’
‘The Daily Show’ finds its new host
- Mike Geiger becomes chief digital officer at David&Goliath
- Eric Segal and Gareth Goodall rise to managing partners at Anomaly
- Rafael Rizuto and Eduardo Marques become ECDs at 180LA
- Damien Marchi becomes global head of content at Havas Media
- Kevin Garrity becomes CEO at Gen Media Partners
- Nick Gilhool becomes VP of casting at Discovery Channel
- Alex Treadway becomes VP of leadership sales at The Washington Post
- Paula Goldstein Di Principe becomes fashion director at Refinery29
- Andrew Dumont becomes VP of marketing at Bitly
- Coleman Insights VP Chris Ackerman retires
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Out-of-home specialist available for all markets
Media planner/buyer job in Raleigh
Temp media buyer wanted in Hollywood
Media planner/buyer position in Columbia, SC
Media planner/buyer job in Summit, NJ