NBC Sports pushing into radio
June 11, 2012
NBC Sports will soon be challenging ESPN in the world of radio as well as cable television.
In September it will launch NBC Sports Radio Network, which will distribute hourly sports updates, daily features and full-length shows to radio stations via Dial Global.
This isn't the first time NBC has worked with Dial Global. Earlier this year the companies teamed up for NBC News Radio, a 24-hour network that distributes content to more than 700 stations nationally.
NBC Sports Radio's full-length shows will air at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., according to USA Today, and the network will eventually grow to 24 hours a day.
As of yet there are no plans to simulcast TV shows from NBC or NBC Sports Network, which aspires to compete with ESPN on cable.
ESPN Radio is also sports' dominant radiocaster, with affiliates in major markets and a satellite radio station.
Fox wins a Wednesday littered with reruns
Philly: Auto driving big TV dollars
Defining the big issues in digital video
A stunt that goes over the rainbow
‘Salem,’ this witches’ brew boils over
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
Best tube bets this weekend
Tuesday cable overnights: Solid start for ‘Fargo’
NBCU: We’re ramping up digital content
‘Divorce Court’ up 24 percent this season
Pivot upfront: Four new shows on the way
ABC’s ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ grows in later timeslot
New from Kantar, a programmatic buying tool
- Sarah Amatuzio becomes VP and creative director at Alcone
- Tim Nolan becomes group creative director at Huge
- Jonathan Kim rises to digital engineering director at Media Kitchen
- Anand Kini rises to EVP of strategy at NBCUniversal
- Meaghan B. Murphy becomes executive editor at Good Housekeeping
- Mary Jeanne Cavanagh becomes EVP of ad sales at BabyFirst
- Steve McEvoy becomes VP of advertising sales at PageScience
- Howard Schneider becomes Federal Reserve reporter at Reuters
- Former 'The View' co-hosts returning to honor Barbara Walters
- Brad Paisley guesting on CBS's 'Two and a Half Men'
- MSNBC personality Lawrence O'Donnell injured in car accident
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media planner/buyer opening in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer opening in Austin
Online media buyer position in Provo, Utah
Digital media planner/buyer job in Minneapolis
Senior media planner job in Dallas/Fort Worth