NBC Sports pushing into radio
June 11, 2012
NBC Sports will soon be challenging ESPN in the world of radio as well as cable television.
In September it will launch NBC Sports Radio Network, which will distribute hourly sports updates, daily features and full-length shows to radio stations via Dial Global.
This isn't the first time NBC has worked with Dial Global. Earlier this year the companies teamed up for NBC News Radio, a 24-hour network that distributes content to more than 700 stations nationally.
NBC Sports Radio's full-length shows will air at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., according to USA Today, and the network will eventually grow to 24 hours a day.
As of yet there are no plans to simulcast TV shows from NBC or NBC Sports Network, which aspires to compete with ESPN on cable.
ESPN Radio is also sports' dominant radiocaster, with affiliates in major markets and a satellite radio station.
Bus ads for ‘Red Band Society’ get the heave-ho
‘The Biggest Loser’ sinks to a new low
Big crowd for Ken Burns’ ‘The Roosevelts’
For NBC, another winning season
Philly: Strong start for Eagles lifts TV
‘Forever,’ actually, probably not
Rachel, I did something in the past I regret
Tell us, which new fall TV shows will survive?
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘For Better’ hits one-year high
FX renews ‘Tyrant’ for season two
Goodbye TV Guide Network. Hello Pop.
Study: Only 40 percent trust the media
- Sue Frogley becomes global commercial director at SMG
- Bev Yehuda becomes SVP of operations at D S Simon
- Kristin Hambelton becomes CMO at Evariant
- Craig Marks and Tom Morrissy out at Spin Media
- Brian Allers becomes VP of the local division at TVB
- Seven join the talent lineup at Back9Network
- Darrell Hammond becomes announcer on NBC's 'SNL'
- Aubrey Plaza joins Lifetime's 'Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever'
- James D’Arcy joins the cast of ABC's 'Agent Carter'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Needed ASAP: Media buyer in Fort Worth
Job for media buyer/planner with DC PR agency
Programmatic media buyer job in York, Pennsylvania
Media buyer opening in Las Vegas
Immediate opening for a media buyer/planner