NBC Sports pushing into radio
June 11, 2012
NBC Sports will soon be challenging ESPN in the world of radio as well as cable television.
In September it will launch NBC Sports Radio Network, which will distribute hourly sports updates, daily features and full-length shows to radio stations via Dial Global.
This isn't the first time NBC has worked with Dial Global. Earlier this year the companies teamed up for NBC News Radio, a 24-hour network that distributes content to more than 700 stations nationally.
NBC Sports Radio's full-length shows will air at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., according to USA Today, and the network will eventually grow to 24 hours a day.
As of yet there are no plans to simulcast TV shows from NBC or NBC Sports Network, which aspires to compete with ESPN on cable.
ESPN Radio is also sports' dominant radiocaster, with affiliates in major markets and a satellite radio station.
ABC’s AMAs telecast holds strong on Twitter
Advertisers: Get us third-party viewability data
NBC dominates the November sweep
Six mantras for newspaper sales reps
‘Dancing with the Stars’ hits season high
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Laying bets on ‘Thursday Night Football’
Understanding the Hispanic shopper
Behind OOH’s strong third quarter
The big story: Reinventing newspapers
What’s the future for men’s magazines?
Laugh and cry and pas de bourree
The word: NBC settles latest Trump dustup
- Keith Kazerman becomes head of ad sales strategy at Discovery
- John Geddes becomes political editor at Bloomberg Politics
- Michelle Dvorkin becomes EVP of human resources at XO Group
- David U. Simon becomes chief marketing officer at Social Flow
- Matt Bomer starring in Amazon's 'The Last Tycoon'
- Taraji P. Henson and Terrence Howard hosting Fox special
- LL Cool J hosting CBS's 'A Home for the Holidays'
- Al Roker and Hoda Kotb hosting NBC's Rose Parade coverage
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck leaving Fox News Channel
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in Boston
Assistant media planner job in Torrance, Calif.
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York