NBC Sports pushing into radio
June 11, 2012
NBC Sports will soon be challenging ESPN in the world of radio as well as cable television.
In September it will launch NBC Sports Radio Network, which will distribute hourly sports updates, daily features and full-length shows to radio stations via Dial Global.
This isn't the first time NBC has worked with Dial Global. Earlier this year the companies teamed up for NBC News Radio, a 24-hour network that distributes content to more than 700 stations nationally.
NBC Sports Radio's full-length shows will air at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., according to USA Today, and the network will eventually grow to 24 hours a day.
As of yet there are no plans to simulcast TV shows from NBC or NBC Sports Network, which aspires to compete with ESPN on cable.
ESPN Radio is also sports' dominant radiocaster, with affiliates in major markets and a satellite radio station.
Another magazine bids farewell to print: Complex
Coming soon from Hearst, Pioneer Woman magazine
New from Google: New York’s holiday windows
Solid but not spectacular numbers for ‘Hairspray’
New from Facebook, a tool testing for fake news
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Cable overnights: Big decline for Leah Remini show
Yet another suitor lines up for Time Inc.
What’s hot and what’s not in syndication this fall
Struggling Pandora unveils its challenge to Spotify
It’s here: Media Life’s Hispanic Premium Newsletter
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
Hot this holiday season: Taraji P. Henson
- ABC ad sales president Geri Wang retiring
- Lydia Polgreen becomes editor at The Huffington Post
- Laura Henderson becomes SVP of marketing at BuzzFeed
- Erin McPherson becomes head of content strategy at Verizon
- Josephine Livingstone becomes culture writer at The New Republic
- Jessica Lichtenfeld becomes associate consultant at Coleman Insights
- Julie Ginches and Glenn Kiladis join ViralGains
- Stephan Horbelt becomes executive editor at Hornet
- Tony Rock hosting TV One's 'The Game of Dating'
- New York Times Vietnam guide Nguyen Ngoc Luong dies at 79
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Luxury media sales in Chicago
Public relations account supervisor in Atlanta
SEO and SEM manager opening in Pittsburgh
Media supervisor opening in New York
Media buyer/planner position in Madison, WI