NBC Sports pushing into radio
June 11, 2012
NBC Sports will soon be challenging ESPN in the world of radio as well as cable television.
In September it will launch NBC Sports Radio Network, which will distribute hourly sports updates, daily features and full-length shows to radio stations via Dial Global.
This isn't the first time NBC has worked with Dial Global. Earlier this year the companies teamed up for NBC News Radio, a 24-hour network that distributes content to more than 700 stations nationally.
NBC Sports Radio's full-length shows will air at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., according to USA Today, and the network will eventually grow to 24 hours a day.
As of yet there are no plans to simulcast TV shows from NBC or NBC Sports Network, which aspires to compete with ESPN on cable.
ESPN Radio is also sports' dominant radiocaster, with affiliates in major markets and a satellite radio station.
Don’t miss this: The new face of radio
Cable overnights: Promising start for Bee
Sorry, ad blockers, Wired isn’t having it
Fox just edges rising ABC on Monday
‘X-Files’ premiere soars among DVR viewers
Republican debate tops Democrats on Twitter
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Smaller crowd for this year’s Super Bowl
Readers: Super Bowl ads were pretty ho-hum
Big Super Bowl ad trend: Humor, again
Rising stink over Peyton Manning’s beer quips
Big question: Can ‘The Muppets’ be saved?
Super Bowl commercials get a big lift online
- Mark Andeer becomes CMO at The Escape Pod
- Debbie Myszynski becomes group account director at Frequency540
- Charles Chung becomes executive production director R/GA
- Chris McCumber rises to entertainment president at NBCU Cable
- Nina Lederman becomes EVP of scripted at All3Media America
- Josh Feldman becomes EVP of partnerships at NBCUniversal
- Michael McCarthy becomes reporter and producer at Sporting News
- Anthony Anderson guesting on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Adan Canto joins the cast of ABC's 'Designated Survivor'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager