‘NBC Nightly News’ regains 25-54s lead
May 13, 2014
The see-saw battle between the evening newscasts among viewers 25-54 has swung back in NBC’s direction.
“NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” averaged 1.90 million viewers 25-54 during the week ended May 11, according to Nielsen, just barely edging out ABC’s “World News with Diane Sawyer’s” 1.88 million.
“CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley” was third in the demo with 1.47 million viewers.
NBC and ABC have exchanged the lead among 25-54s multiple times over recent weeks, with ABC taking three of the past five. ABC is up 6 percent versus last season in the demo, while NBC has slipped 2 percent and CBS is off 6 percent.
That said, NBC has consistently led among total viewers, doing so again last week with an average 0f 8.23 million. ABC was second with 7.35 million and CBS third at 6.26 million.
Weekend TV: Skydiving without a parachute
‘America’s Got Talent’ just edges ‘Big Brother’
Readers: New fall shows are looking better
The seven commandments of community newspapers
So far it’s Clinton over Trump, at least on TV
The next wave: America’s Hispanics and the New America
Tell us, what do you expect from the Rio Games?
History, herstory, Hillary: Final night of the DNC
Cable overnights: ‘Smackdown’ slips in second week
Selling up or selling out: Reddit adds new ads
NBC stays well ahead of competition on Tuesday
NASCAR sets new record for NBCSN
Hispanic TV: Telemundo wins week in 18-49s
- Morgan Carroll rises to managing director at DigitasLBi Chicago
- Hwa-Shih Lee rises to SVP of digital at Palisades MediaGroup
- Katrien De Bauw becomes managing director at TBWA\Media Arts Lab
- Tori Socha rises to VP of original series at Spike TV
- Melissa Bell rises to publisher at Vox Media
- Michael Holderle becomes VP of integrated marketing at Entravision
- Lin-Manuel Miranda hosting 'PBS Arts Fall Festival'
- Idina Menzel starring in Lifetime's 'Beaches' remake
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: June 2016
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Needed: Print media buyer in Chicago
Digital media buyer wanted in El Segundo
Media buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media planner wanted in Salt Lake City
Direct mail media planner job in Minneapolis