‘NBC Nightly News’ regains 25-54s lead
May 13, 2014
The see-saw battle between the evening newscasts among viewers 25-54 has swung back in NBC’s direction.
“NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” averaged 1.90 million viewers 25-54 during the week ended May 11, according to Nielsen, just barely edging out ABC’s “World News with Diane Sawyer’s” 1.88 million.
“CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley” was third in the demo with 1.47 million viewers.
NBC and ABC have exchanged the lead among 25-54s multiple times over recent weeks, with ABC taking three of the past five. ABC is up 6 percent versus last season in the demo, while NBC has slipped 2 percent and CBS is off 6 percent.
That said, NBC has consistently led among total viewers, doing so again last week with an average 0f 8.23 million. ABC was second with 7.35 million and CBS third at 6.26 million.
ABC’s AMAs telecast holds strong on Twitter
Advertisers: Get us third-party viewability data
NBC dominates the November sweep
Six mantras for newspaper sales reps
‘Dancing with the Stars’ hits season high
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Laying bets on ‘Thursday Night Football’
Understanding the Hispanic shopper
Behind OOH’s strong third quarter
The big story: Reinventing newspapers
What’s the future for men’s magazines?
Laugh and cry and pas de bourree
The word: NBC settles latest Trump dustup
- Keith Kazerman becomes head of ad sales strategy at Discovery
- John Geddes becomes political editor at Bloomberg Politics
- Michelle Dvorkin becomes EVP of human resources at XO Group
- David U. Simon becomes chief marketing officer at Social Flow
- Matt Bomer starring in Amazon's 'The Last Tycoon'
- Taraji P. Henson and Terrence Howard hosting Fox special
- LL Cool J hosting CBS's 'A Home for the Holidays'
- Al Roker and Hoda Kotb hosting NBC's Rose Parade coverage
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck leaving Fox News Channel
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in Boston
Assistant media planner job in Torrance, Calif.
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York