‘NBC Nightly News’ regains 25-54s lead
May 13, 2014
The see-saw battle between the evening newscasts among viewers 25-54 has swung back in NBC’s direction.
“NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” averaged 1.90 million viewers 25-54 during the week ended May 11, according to Nielsen, just barely edging out ABC’s “World News with Diane Sawyer’s” 1.88 million.
“CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley” was third in the demo with 1.47 million viewers.
NBC and ABC have exchanged the lead among 25-54s multiple times over recent weeks, with ABC taking three of the past five. ABC is up 6 percent versus last season in the demo, while NBC has slipped 2 percent and CBS is off 6 percent.
That said, NBC has consistently led among total viewers, doing so again last week with an average 0f 8.23 million. ABC was second with 7.35 million and CBS third at 6.26 million.
ABC wins the first Friday of February sweeps
A strong sendoff for NBC’s ‘Parenthood’
Readers: It will be a record Super Bowl
The rest of the best of the Super Bowl
‘Kids Baking Championship,’ what fun
Rachel, the stress from work is too much
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘Americans’ dips slightly
New from Snapchat, meet Discover
Survey: Native advertising will soar this year
Coming soon: Nick without the cable bill
Disney Junior planning Latin-inspired princess
- Jeremy Gibney and Rob Esmundo join San Francisco agency Eleven
- Paul Pastor becomes EVP of network strategy at Discovery Channel
- Amy Hyland and Justin Nesci rise at Nickelodeon
- Pete Rumpel becomes chief sales officer at ABI Research
- Lincoln Lopez becomes VP and GM of social media at Univision
- Jim Lawson becomes regional manager at iHeartMedia
- John Reiss rises to executive producer at NBC's 'Meet the Press'
- Roberto Ruiz becomes news anchor at Azteca America
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS's 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Looking to fill a media planner job in Chicago
Senior media connections planner/buyer in Columbus
Assistant media buyer opening in San Francisco
Digital media buyer job in Minneapolis
Programmatic media planner wanted in New York