‘NBC Nightly News’ regains 25-54s lead
May 13, 2014
The see-saw battle between the evening newscasts among viewers 25-54 has swung back in NBC’s direction.
“NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” averaged 1.90 million viewers 25-54 during the week ended May 11, according to Nielsen, just barely edging out ABC’s “World News with Diane Sawyer’s” 1.88 million.
“CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley” was third in the demo with 1.47 million viewers.
NBC and ABC have exchanged the lead among 25-54s multiple times over recent weeks, with ABC taking three of the past five. ABC is up 6 percent versus last season in the demo, while NBC has slipped 2 percent and CBS is off 6 percent.
That said, NBC has consistently led among total viewers, doing so again last week with an average 0f 8.23 million. ABC was second with 7.35 million and CBS third at 6.26 million.
‘Big Brother’ fuels CBS to Thursday win
Five burning questions about this fall
Behind the great rise of digital video
‘Running Wild with Bear Grylls,’ cool
Rachel, I don’t think my boss likes me
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: A surge for ‘Suits’
Washington Post: Iran detained our reporter
Ahhh, a little mood lighting for ‘Sharknado 2′
Study: Good Twitter buzz can really lift a movie
More rumors about ‘Meet the Press’ host
A night of ups and downs for broadcast
- CBS Outdoor president and COO Wally Kelly exiting
- Matt Miller becomes ECD at BBDO San Francisco
- Drew Brown becomes SVP of production at AMC
- Denise Vance rises to head of U.S. video and radio at the AP
- Josh Topolsky becomes an online editor at Bloomberg
- David Rubin becomes head of brand at Pinterest
- Amie Deutch becomes publisher at Tasting Table
- Caroline Sheu becomes chief marketing officer at Care.com
- Paul Burden becomes SVP of sales at XAPPmedia
- Maude Apatow guesting on HBO's 'Girls'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford