‘NBC Nightly News’ regains 25-54s lead
May 13, 2014
The see-saw battle between the evening newscasts among viewers 25-54 has swung back in NBC’s direction.
“NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” averaged 1.90 million viewers 25-54 during the week ended May 11, according to Nielsen, just barely edging out ABC’s “World News with Diane Sawyer’s” 1.88 million.
“CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley” was third in the demo with 1.47 million viewers.
NBC and ABC have exchanged the lead among 25-54s multiple times over recent weeks, with ABC taking three of the past five. ABC is up 6 percent versus last season in the demo, while NBC has slipped 2 percent and CBS is off 6 percent.
That said, NBC has consistently led among total viewers, doing so again last week with an average 0f 8.23 million. ABC was second with 7.35 million and CBS third at 6.26 million.
What will be the big media stories of 2015?
Best tube bets this weekend
The year that was: 2014 by the numbers
Cable overnights: ‘Colbert Report’ surges
Networks: Hey, don’t let Aereo do that
Order from Amazon, get it in an hour
Survey: People trust the internet, for now
Vme TV airing Christmas marathon
‘Survivor’ paces CBS to a Wednesday win
Where people watch online video: PCs
Fact: Folks are addicted to their phones
Kids’ holiday specials are a bit less jolly
‘Mozart in the Jungle,’ lust in the pits
- Justine Bloome becomes head of strategy at Carat USA
- Carol Duncan becomes SVP and CFO at Barker
- Bill Robinson becomes VP of partnership development at Home Team Sports
- Sharon Dastur becomes SVP of programming integration at iHeartMedia
- Tasneem Raja becomes senior digital editor at NPR
- Mike Wilson becomes editor at The Dallas Morning News
- Ian Bremmer becomes foreign affairs columnist at Time
- Dan Berman and Sacha Scoblic join National Journal
- Cosme Lopez rises to SVP and GM of pay-TV at Cisneros Media
- John Lambertus becomes VP of revenue operations at Vdopia
- Former CBS News executive Emerson Stone dies at 86
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer opening in Memphis
Media planner/buyer wanted in Boston
Needed: Digital media coordinator in Roswell, Ga.
Media buyer/digital strategist job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Broadcast media buyer wanted in Denver