MundoFox upfront: Leveraging its sister nets
May 16, 2013
MundoFox is hoping that borrowing from sister networks Fox and FX will help pump up ratings for the new Spanish-language network, which is approaching its one-year anniversary.
At yesterday’s Fox Hispanic Media Upfront presentation, MundoFox president Emiliano Saccone announced that the network will be launching “El Factor X,” a version of Fox’s “The X Factor.”
It will also be showing some segments of “The Bridge,” the new immigration-themed drama on FX.
Saccone said the emphasis will be on expanding the number of “universally relevant” shows and increasing the network’s “Mexican flavor.”
To that end, it is airing a new telenovela from Fernando Gaitan, the creator of the hugely popular “Betty La Fea,” called “Café con Aroma de Mujer.”
Two shows produced in Mexico will join the schedule: “Amor con Angel,” a romantic comedy, and “El Capitan,” an adventure series.
MundoFox has also ordered “El Capo 3;” “The Golden Boys,” a reality show about boxers produced by Mario Lopez and Oscar de la Hoya; “Familia en Venta,” a comedy; and the Barbara Mori vehicle “Luna.”
Remembering Ben Bradlee, editor
For the CW, two promising new shows
Coming, a new way to measure online TV
On TBS, a strong postseason even so
‘Constantine,’ fighting its own demons
Melissa Joan Hart, still a witchy woman
Cable overnights: Okay bow for ‘American Dad’
FX shuts down ‘The Bridge’
‘The Millers’ falls in move to Monday night
Pandora: Watch one ad, skip the others
Dish drops Turner networks in carriage dispute
Stop the presses: The one thing left and right agree on
This week’s cable ratings
- Four join Indianapolis agency Young & Laramore
- Four rise at Las Vegas agency SK+G
- Christine Lubrano rises to SVP of programming at IFC
- Adam Auriemma becomes deputy editor at Fusion
- Kim Riedell becomes head of product and marketing at Digilant
- John Haake becomes chief marketing officer at Verve
- Michael Trucco joins the cast of ABC's 'Scandal'
- Calista Flockhart and Eric McCormack join DirecTV's 'Full Circle'
- James Denton joins Hallmark Channel's 'The Good Witch'
- Leslie Jones becomes a regular on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Christian Slater joins USA’s ‘Mr. Robot’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media buyer/planner job in Norcross, Georgia
Associate media planner wanted in Chicago
Media buyer job in Medford, Oregon