MundoFox upfront: Leveraging its sister nets
May 16, 2013
MundoFox is hoping that borrowing from sister networks Fox and FX will help pump up ratings for the new Spanish-language network, which is approaching its one-year anniversary.
At yesterday’s Fox Hispanic Media Upfront presentation, MundoFox president Emiliano Saccone announced that the network will be launching “El Factor X,” a version of Fox’s “The X Factor.”
It will also be showing some segments of “The Bridge,” the new immigration-themed drama on FX.
Saccone said the emphasis will be on expanding the number of “universally relevant” shows and increasing the network’s “Mexican flavor.”
To that end, it is airing a new telenovela from Fernando Gaitan, the creator of the hugely popular “Betty La Fea,” called “Café con Aroma de Mujer.”
Two shows produced in Mexico will join the schedule: “Amor con Angel,” a romantic comedy, and “El Capitan,” an adventure series.
MundoFox has also ordered “El Capo 3;” “The Golden Boys,” a reality show about boxers produced by Mario Lopez and Oscar de la Hoya; “Familia en Venta,” a comedy; and the Barbara Mori vehicle “Luna.”
Don’t miss this: The new face of radio
Cable overnights: Promising start for Bee
Sorry, ad blockers, Wired isn’t having it
Fox just edges rising ABC on Monday
‘X-Files’ premiere soars among DVR viewers
Republican debate tops Democrats on Twitter
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Smaller crowd for this year’s Super Bowl
Readers: Super Bowl ads were pretty ho-hum
Big Super Bowl ad trend: Humor, again
Rising stink over Peyton Manning’s beer quips
Big question: Can ‘The Muppets’ be saved?
Super Bowl commercials get a big lift online
- Mark Andeer becomes CMO at The Escape Pod
- Debbie Myszynski becomes group account director at Frequency540
- Charles Chung becomes executive production director R/GA
- Chris McCumber rises to entertainment president at NBCU Cable
- Nina Lederman becomes EVP of scripted at All3Media America
- Josh Feldman becomes EVP of partnerships at NBCUniversal
- Michael McCarthy becomes reporter and producer at Sporting News
- Anthony Anderson guesting on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Adan Canto joins the cast of ABC's 'Designated Survivor'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager