MundoFox upfront: Leveraging its sister nets
May 16, 2013
MundoFox is hoping that borrowing from sister networks Fox and FX will help pump up ratings for the new Spanish-language network, which is approaching its one-year anniversary.
At yesterday’s Fox Hispanic Media Upfront presentation, MundoFox president Emiliano Saccone announced that the network will be launching “El Factor X,” a version of Fox’s “The X Factor.”
It will also be showing some segments of “The Bridge,” the new immigration-themed drama on FX.
Saccone said the emphasis will be on expanding the number of “universally relevant” shows and increasing the network’s “Mexican flavor.”
To that end, it is airing a new telenovela from Fernando Gaitan, the creator of the hugely popular “Betty La Fea,” called “Café con Aroma de Mujer.”
Two shows produced in Mexico will join the schedule: “Amor con Angel,” a romantic comedy, and “El Capitan,” an adventure series.
MundoFox has also ordered “El Capo 3;” “The Golden Boys,” a reality show about boxers produced by Mario Lopez and Oscar de la Hoya; “Familia en Venta,” a comedy; and the Barbara Mori vehicle “Luna.”
Cable overnights: ‘Sons of Anarchy’ stays No. 1
Study: TV still dominates video time
There she is (on Twitter), Miss America
For Fox, some rougher times ahead
Jon Swallen on changes in the media economy
Networks to media: DVRs are really, really important
Big jump for penultimate ‘America’s Got Talent’
A bit of advertiser backlash for the NFL
Limp second quarter for ad spending
NBC locks up another summer victory
That final-season surge for ‘Sons’
‘Mysteries of Laura,’ the allure of Debra
For ‘Extant,’ the blastoff that didn’t
- Guy Vidra becomes CEO at The New Republic
- Tim O’Connor becomes corporate sales managing director at Meredith
- Molly Battles becomes men's group PR manager at Bonnier
- Caleb Weinstein becomes EVP of affiliate distribution at Fox International
- Donny Hudson becomes EVP of sales at America CV
- Jodi Lipe becomes SVP of marketing at Ovation
- Ari Osur becomes VP of product marketing at Simulmedia
- Patrick Jager becomes EVP and CEO at Everwise/Banner Media
- Bill Hader hosting NBC's 'Saturday Night Live'
- Mark Feuerstein joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Gloria Steinem guesting on CBS's 'The Good Wife'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Job for media buyer/planner with DC PR agency
Programmatic media buyer job in York, Pennsylvania
Media buyer opening in Las Vegas
Immediate opening for a media buyer/planner
Opening for a chief experiential officer