Mobile ad spending soars again in 2013
March 19, 2014
Mobile ad spending had another year of triple-digit growth in 2013.
Global mobile ad spending reached $17.96 billion last year, according to eMarketer, up 105 percent from $8.76 billion in 2012. And while the growth will begin to slow, eMarketer predicts the medium will continue to build by double digits through at least 2018.
For this year eMarketer forecasts mobile spending to jump another 75.1 percent to $31.45 billion. By 2018 it sees mobile spending reaching $94.91 billion.
One major change in mobile in recent years is the rise of Facebook. In 2013 the social network’s share of global mobile ad spending was 17.5 percent, up from just 5.4 percent in 2012.
That was still well behind Google, however, which claimed a market share of 49.3 percent last year.
But Facebook will continue to grow as it places greater importance on mobile. In 2011 eMarketer says just 11 percent of Facebook’s ad revenue was from mobile, but that number will jump to 63.4 percent this year.
Cable overnights: No ‘VMAs’ lift for ‘Teen Mom’
ABC and NBC reality shows match season highs
Just how old are NY Times readers, anyway?
Digital video advertising thrives on larger screens
MTV’s VMAs shine bright on social media
Imagining the television landscape of the future
Troubling truths about native advertising
ABC’s ‘Speechless’: Show with something to say
The next wave: America’s Hispanics and the New America
Tell us, how’s Donald Trump’s campaign going?
It’s Pablo Escobar, an odd pop culture phenom
The most controversial Instagram post from Rio
Nielsen shocker: U.S. TV households actually grew
- Pete Gosselin and Jay Hunt join Havas Worldwide
- Aaron Dus becomes VP of strategy at Engine West
- Steve Passwaiter rises to VP and GM at Kantar Media's CMAG
- Tina Shah rises to SVP of business affairs at Turner Sports
- Marc Peyser joins, Lauren Gelman and Lorraine Burton rise at Reader's Digest
- Gemma Garcia becomes executive producer of 'Noticiero Telemundo'
- David Boyd directing and producing Spike TV's 'The Mist'
- Kevin James hosting CBS's 'CBS Fall Preview'
- Laurie Hernandez and Ryan Lochte join 'Dancing with the Stars'
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: June 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Media planner/strategist job in Dallas/Fort Worth
Media planner opening in Chicago
Associate media planner wanted in Brooklyn
Senior media planner job in Dearborn, Michigan
Needed: Print media buyer in Chicago