Mobile ad spending soars again in 2013
March 19, 2014
Mobile ad spending had another year of triple-digit growth in 2013.
Global mobile ad spending reached $17.96 billion last year, according to eMarketer, up 105 percent from $8.76 billion in 2012. And while the growth will begin to slow, eMarketer predicts the medium will continue to build by double digits through at least 2018.
For this year eMarketer forecasts mobile spending to jump another 75.1 percent to $31.45 billion. By 2018 it sees mobile spending reaching $94.91 billion.
One major change in mobile in recent years is the rise of Facebook. In 2013 the social network’s share of global mobile ad spending was 17.5 percent, up from just 5.4 percent in 2012.
That was still well behind Google, however, which claimed a market share of 49.3 percent last year.
But Facebook will continue to grow as it places greater importance on mobile. In 2011 eMarketer says just 11 percent of Facebook’s ad revenue was from mobile, but that number will jump to 63.4 percent this year.
Rachel, I don’t think my boss likes me
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: A surge for ‘Suits’
Washington Post: Iran detained our reporter
Ahhh, a little light mooding for ‘Sharknado 2′
Study: Good Twitter buzz can really lift a movie
More rumors about ‘Meet the Press’ host
A night of ups and downs for broadcast
Two more summer shows get the axe
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
‘Married,’ funny, yes. Deep? No.
For Fox, extra helpings of chef Ramsay
- CBS Outdoor president and COO Wally Kelly exiting
- Matt Miller becomes ECD at BBDO San Francisco
- Drew Brown becomes SVP of production at AMC
- Denise Vance rises to head of U.S. video and radio at the AP
- Josh Topolsky becomes an online editor at Bloomberg
- David Rubin becomes head of brand at Pinterest
- Amie Deutch becomes publisher at Tasting Table
- Caroline Sheu becomes chief marketing officer at Care.com
- Paul Burden becomes SVP of sales at XAPPmedia
- Maude Apatow guesting on HBO's 'Girls'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford