Mobile ad spending soars again in 2013
March 19, 2014
Mobile ad spending had another year of triple-digit growth in 2013.
Global mobile ad spending reached $17.96 billion last year, according to eMarketer, up 105 percent from $8.76 billion in 2012. And while the growth will begin to slow, eMarketer predicts the medium will continue to build by double digits through at least 2018.
For this year eMarketer forecasts mobile spending to jump another 75.1 percent to $31.45 billion. By 2018 it sees mobile spending reaching $94.91 billion.
One major change in mobile in recent years is the rise of Facebook. In 2013 the social network’s share of global mobile ad spending was 17.5 percent, up from just 5.4 percent in 2012.
That was still well behind Google, however, which claimed a market share of 49.3 percent last year.
But Facebook will continue to grow as it places greater importance on mobile. In 2011 eMarketer says just 11 percent of Facebook’s ad revenue was from mobile, but that number will jump to 63.4 percent this year.
Paula Deen’s ill-advised Twitter pic
Gooool! Telemundo scores with U.S.-Japan
U.S. women win Twitter crown as well
‘Bachelorette’ surges to seven-week high
Women’s World Cup’s real winner: Nike
Record ratings for women’s big win
Hispanic ad dollars are up, defying trend
So cool: An underwater radio station
‘Dates,’ love stories of first meetings
So, what’s your take on summer TV?
Yes, Amy Schumer is unavoidable now
A bombshell in the case against Cosby
Study: Netflix threatens traditional TV
- David Matathia becomes CSO at Fitzgerald & Co.
- Matt Forde rises to EVP of production at BBC Worldwide North America
- Lori Hall becomes SVP of marketing at TV One
- Keith Summa rises to SVP of content innovation at Univision News
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan joins the cast of CBS's 'The Good Wife'
- Gabriel Soto joins Univision's 'Yo no Creo en los Hombres'
- Jessica Lucas joins Fox's 'Gotham'
- Marisa Tomei joins the cast of Fox's 'Empire'
- Betty White hosting Discovery Family's 'Pawgust' stunt
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta
Media planner position in Minneapolis
Media buyer position in Sacramento