Megyn Kelly getting a primetime slot
July 3, 2013
Fox News Channel, so dominant for so long in primetime, is about to get a makeover.
The network said yesterday that Megyn Kelly will be getting a primetime slot when she returns from maternity leave later this year.
The network did not specify what timeslot she will take over or who she will replace, but the speculation is that her rise will lead to Greta Van Susteren getting the boot.
Van Susteren, who recently extended her deal with Fox, hosts the 10 p.m. show on the network, which saw the gap between it and No. 2 CNN decline to just 136,000 viewers in the key adults 25-54 demo during second quarter, according to Nielsen.
It’s unlikely that Bill O’Reilly, who hosts the No. 1 cable news show, or Sean Hannity, one of the biggest names on FNC, will be replaced by Kelly. Van Susteren thus seems like the most logical choice.
Kelly appeals to a younger audience than some of the network’s other anchors, who tend to be older and male.
Fox News said yesterday that it has also renewed the contracts of O’Reilly, Hannity, Bret Baier and Shepard Smith.
OMG: Meet Tiger Beat’s new investors
On the horizon, a DVR for the Xbox
Who listens to the most radio? Hispanics.
‘Wild’ matches second-best rating
Summer’s DVR winners: ‘Pines’ and ‘Dome’
UFC fight pounds the Twitter competition
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Coming, a new way to listen to FM radio
Study: Think digital video, think mobile
Whoa, wild animals lit brightly at night
‘Life in Pieces,’ lacking instructions
Jamming with country’s top acts
AT&T makes its first DirecTV play
- Jeffrey Gorder, Jane Delworth and Paula Biondich rise at mono
- Jennifer Putnam becomes CCO at Allen & Gerritsen
- Hollie Newton becomes executive creative director at Sunshine
- Katy Loria rises to chief revenue officer at Screenvision
- Marty Sartini Garner rises to senior editor at Flood Magazine
- Tasha Blasi Pannuzzo becomes SVP of marketing at Westwood One
- Oren Liebermann and Matt Rivers join CNN International
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum joins the cast of CBS's 'Supergirl'
- James Cromwell joins HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Falk Hentschel joins CW's 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Vivica A. Fox and Romeo Miller join TV One holiday movies
- Carla Gugino joins Showtime's upcoming 'Roadies'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois