Megyn Kelly getting a primetime slot
July 3, 2013
Fox News Channel, so dominant for so long in primetime, is about to get a makeover.
The network said yesterday that Megyn Kelly will be getting a primetime slot when she returns from maternity leave later this year.
The network did not specify what timeslot she will take over or who she will replace, but the speculation is that her rise will lead to Greta Van Susteren getting the boot.
Van Susteren, who recently extended her deal with Fox, hosts the 10 p.m. show on the network, which saw the gap between it and No. 2 CNN decline to just 136,000 viewers in the key adults 25-54 demo during second quarter, according to Nielsen.
It’s unlikely that Bill O’Reilly, who hosts the No. 1 cable news show, or Sean Hannity, one of the biggest names on FNC, will be replaced by Kelly. Van Susteren thus seems like the most logical choice.
Kelly appeals to a younger audience than some of the network’s other anchors, who tend to be older and male.
Fox News said yesterday that it has also renewed the contracts of O’Reilly, Hannity, Bret Baier and Shepard Smith.
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
For Fox, extra helpings of chef Ramsay
No ‘Jump of the Century’ after all
Cable overnights: ‘Rizzoli’ rises in 18-49s
A college radio fundraiser gone awry
Two more summer shows get the axe
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
Won’t you help Jon Stewart buy CNN?
Huge management shakeup at Conde Nast
Lukewarm debut for NBC’s ‘Food Fighters’
This summer’s winners and losers
The future for Forbes and other business titles
Swing and a miss for the British Open
- Shoshana Winter becomes executive planning director at mcgarrybowen
- Danna Castiglia rises to VP of business development at CBS News
- Tim Pastore becomes programming president at National Geographic Channel
- Bill Cox and Walter Naar join Grit and Escape
- Nick Catucci becomes features editor at Billboard
- Paul Cushman becomes chief revenue officer at Dstillery
- Michelle Fairley joins the cast of ABC's 'Resurrection'
- Shemar Moore returning to CBS's 'Young and the Restless'
- Lucy Lawless joins ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Cast of 'Orange is the New Black' guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford