Megyn Kelly getting a primetime slot
July 3, 2013
Fox News Channel, so dominant for so long in primetime, is about to get a makeover.
The network said yesterday that Megyn Kelly will be getting a primetime slot when she returns from maternity leave later this year.
The network did not specify what timeslot she will take over or who she will replace, but the speculation is that her rise will lead to Greta Van Susteren getting the boot.
Van Susteren, who recently extended her deal with Fox, hosts the 10 p.m. show on the network, which saw the gap between it and No. 2 CNN decline to just 136,000 viewers in the key adults 25-54 demo during second quarter, according to Nielsen.
It’s unlikely that Bill O’Reilly, who hosts the No. 1 cable news show, or Sean Hannity, one of the biggest names on FNC, will be replaced by Kelly. Van Susteren thus seems like the most logical choice.
Kelly appeals to a younger audience than some of the network’s other anchors, who tend to be older and male.
Fox News said yesterday that it has also renewed the contracts of O’Reilly, Hannity, Bret Baier and Shepard Smith.
‘Dome’ rebounds from series low
The internet of things, demystified
Radio ad $ in first half: Flat to last year
A local TV station, a national tragedy
New Orleans: Looking back at Katrina
‘Narcos,’ ripping tale of the drug wars
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Boost your media IQ. Sign up here.
Weekend TV: Jammin’ with Miley Cyrus
Survey: Social media ad spending will rise
Cable overnights: Another big night for FNC
The new YouTube Gaming at a glance
Another boffo bow for an NBC sitcom
- Kyla Jacobs rises to global business development director at TBWA
- Rob FitzGerald becomes U.S. president at We Are Social
- Mandy Graham joins and Maria Smith rises at M&C Saatchi
- David Duncan becomes chief strategy officer at BBDO Minneapolis
- Zan Goodman becomes design director at Chandelier
- Patty Hirsch becomes digital GM for sports at Time Inc.
- Bob Gold becomes SVP of distribution at Poker Central
- Alison Fitzgerald becomes health policy correspondent at NPR
- Baratunde Thurston becomes supervising producer at 'The Daily Show'
- Jim Belushi joins the cast of Fox's pilot "Urban Cowboy'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois