Megyn Kelly getting a primetime slot
July 3, 2013
Fox News Channel, so dominant for so long in primetime, is about to get a makeover.
The network said yesterday that Megyn Kelly will be getting a primetime slot when she returns from maternity leave later this year.
The network did not specify what timeslot she will take over or who she will replace, but the speculation is that her rise will lead to Greta Van Susteren getting the boot.
Van Susteren, who recently extended her deal with Fox, hosts the 10 p.m. show on the network, which saw the gap between it and No. 2 CNN decline to just 136,000 viewers in the key adults 25-54 demo during second quarter, according to Nielsen.
It’s unlikely that Bill O’Reilly, who hosts the No. 1 cable news show, or Sean Hannity, one of the biggest names on FNC, will be replaced by Kelly. Van Susteren thus seems like the most logical choice.
Kelly appeals to a younger audience than some of the network’s other anchors, who tend to be older and male.
Fox News said yesterday that it has also renewed the contracts of O’Reilly, Hannity, Bret Baier and Shepard Smith.
‘Blindspot’ stays strong in week three
Ravens-Steelers game tops the week on Twitter
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Making the case for Hispanic media
Surprise, Hulu is getting up to speed
Atlanta: It’s a real buyer’s market
‘The Enfield Haunting,’ short on spook
Catch the next big wave: Hispanic media
Finally, the CW gets into the season
Sting of job cuts at Tribune Publishing
The latest buzz in magazines
The showdown: Apps vs. browsers
New ‘Quantico’ holds up in week two
- Mathew Jerrett and Tim Flood becomes ECDs at Arnold Worldwide
- Tish Graham becomes VP of technology at ABC Owned Station Group
- CBS News SVP of communications Sonya McNair exiting
- Brooke Karzen rises to EVP of alternative at Warner Horizon TV
- Associated Press managing editor Lou Ferrara exiting
- Frank Burgos becomes editor in chief at Metro U.S.
- Sarah Wire becomes state congressional reporter at The LA Times
- Kevin Arrix becomes chief revenue officer at Verve
- Elissa Reiling-Gray and Veronica Mendoza join Yieldbot
- Morgan Rigsbee becomes senior director of sales at Tapad
- Neil Robinson becomes chief revenue officer at ROKT
- Wanda Sykes joins the cast of ABC's 'black-ish'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York
Media planner wanted in Philadelphia
Media buyer coordinator opening in New Haven