Megyn Kelly getting a primetime slot
July 3, 2013
Fox News Channel, so dominant for so long in primetime, is about to get a makeover.
The network said yesterday that Megyn Kelly will be getting a primetime slot when she returns from maternity leave later this year.
The network did not specify what timeslot she will take over or who she will replace, but the speculation is that her rise will lead to Greta Van Susteren getting the boot.
Van Susteren, who recently extended her deal with Fox, hosts the 10 p.m. show on the network, which saw the gap between it and No. 2 CNN decline to just 136,000 viewers in the key adults 25-54 demo during second quarter, according to Nielsen.
It’s unlikely that Bill O’Reilly, who hosts the No. 1 cable news show, or Sean Hannity, one of the biggest names on FNC, will be replaced by Kelly. Van Susteren thus seems like the most logical choice.
Kelly appeals to a younger audience than some of the network’s other anchors, who tend to be older and male.
Fox News said yesterday that it has also renewed the contracts of O’Reilly, Hannity, Bret Baier and Shepard Smith.
IAB: Programmatic growing slower abroad
Lawsuit: Facebook responsible for ruined reps
Great art everywhere you look around
Cable’s winners and losers in July
Netflix reaches streaming deal with AT&T
The big problem at ‘Big Bang:’ Salaries
A healthy surge for new ‘Food Fighters’
Summer’s top programming moves
Big shakeup in cable news rankings
ABC’s ‘Black-ish:’ A troubled show
‘Sharknado 2: The Second One,’ ouch
So, what’s the future for print magazines?
Two film directors shooting the breeze
- Harvey Goldhersz and Phil Cowdell rise at GroupM
- José Miranda becomes regional director for analytics at MEC
- Rafi Kugler becomes director of recruiting at barrettSF
- Two join and one rises at WorkPlace Media
- Cheri Ehrlich Eisen becomes senior HR director at Fusion
- Lindsay Zoladz becomes pop music critic at New York magazine
- Four join the staff at Good Housekeeping magazine
- Sam Sifton rises to food editor at The New York Times
- Margery Eagan becomes spirituality columnist at Crux
- Five become general managers at Learfield Sports
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer manager job in Philadelphia
Assistant media planner wanted in New York
Digital media buyer position in Seattle
National DR media buyer job in Nashville
Mobile media planner opening in San Francisco