Megyn Kelly getting a primetime slot
July 3, 2013
Fox News Channel, so dominant for so long in primetime, is about to get a makeover.
The network said yesterday that Megyn Kelly will be getting a primetime slot when she returns from maternity leave later this year.
The network did not specify what timeslot she will take over or who she will replace, but the speculation is that her rise will lead to Greta Van Susteren getting the boot.
Van Susteren, who recently extended her deal with Fox, hosts the 10 p.m. show on the network, which saw the gap between it and No. 2 CNN decline to just 136,000 viewers in the key adults 25-54 demo during second quarter, according to Nielsen.
It’s unlikely that Bill O’Reilly, who hosts the No. 1 cable news show, or Sean Hannity, one of the biggest names on FNC, will be replaced by Kelly. Van Susteren thus seems like the most logical choice.
Kelly appeals to a younger audience than some of the network’s other anchors, who tend to be older and male.
Fox News said yesterday that it has also renewed the contracts of O’Reilly, Hannity, Bret Baier and Shepard Smith.
Two chances to see ‘Madam Secretary’
FX renews ‘Strain’ for season two
‘America’s Got Talent’ boosts NBC to No. 1
Readers: New faces will win Emmys
Cable remembers Robin Williams
Summer’s least appreciated shows
‘Epic Ink,’ yes, it’s really about tattoos
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
For ‘Suits,’ finding its quirky voice
Cable overnights: ‘MNF’ returns strong
A new owner for Fairchild Fashion Media
Islamic State: We’ve beheaded kidnapped journalist
Remembering Don Pardo, the voice of ‘SNL’
- Julie Levin becomes CMO at Publicis Worldwide North America
- Nora Zimmett becomes SVP of live programming at Weather Channel
- Ken Reiner rises to VP of programming at Raycom Media
- Carlos Bardasano and Andrés Mendoza rise at Univision
- Mike Corry rises to senior director of ad sales at Music Choice
- Jayme Beth Frieder becomes senior director of sales at Simulmedia
- Alan Ives becomes VP of North America sales at wywy
- Scott Portugal becomes publisher platform GM at Yieldbot
- Stephanie Himonidis joins Telemundo's 'Yo Soy el Artista'
- Adrianne Palicki guesting on ABC's 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- ABC News anchor Elizabeth Vargas returns to rehab
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner/buyer opening in Detroit
Senior media planner/buyer job in Phoenix
Opening for an associate media director in SF
Media buyer opening in Milwaukee
Manager of media planning job in Dallas