Longtime editor Zinczenko leaving Men’s Health
November 20, 2012
As Anna Wintour is to Conde Nast, David Zinczenko has long been to Rodale, a celebrity editor whose personal fame often outshined that of the magazine he edits, Men’s Health.
Apparently that had begun to wear on Rodale’s ownership, which wanted a brand that outshined its editor and not the other way around.
Now Zinczenko is out as editor in chief of Men’s Health, reports The New York Post, which quotes Rodale chief executive officer Maria Rodale as saying that the decision was mutual but initiated by the Rodales.
“His contract was up at year end, and we decided it was a good time to make a change,” she tells Keith Kelly.
Menshealth.com editor Bill Phillips will take over the print magazine, the latest in an increasingly long line of digital editors being tapped to help revive the print side.
Rodale Books head Steve Perrine is also leaving in the shakeup, and Kelly reports that Perrine and Zinczenko may be teaming on a new venture.
Zinczenko, the best-selling author of “Eat This, Not That” and “The Abs Diet,” had been at Rodale for 20 years and was also executive vice president and general manager of Rodale’s Healthy Living Group.
He is a frequent guest on “Today” and dated actress Rose McGowan for years.
Tags: Bill Phillips, david zinczenko, eat this not that, editor in chief, executive vice president, Healthy Living Group, keith kelly, maria rodale, men's health, print, rodale, Rodale Books, Steve Perrine, time, zinczenko
Remembering Leonard Nimoy, ‘Star Trek’s’ Spock
Solid sendoff for ‘How to Get Away with Murder’
Alas, 2014 wasn’t good for advertising
Nickelodeon upfront: Cutting the cord
‘The Last Man on Earth,’ quite good
Rachel, I’m fed up with his dirty talk
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘O’Reilly’ tops 3 million again
CBS slates summer premiere dates
FCC votes yes on new net neutrality laws
Solid rebound for Fox’s Daytona 500
Yes, ‘Empire’ hits yet another series high
- Dan Matarelli becomes VP and director at SMG Performance Marketing
- Chris Gyorgy becomes group creative director at Havas Chicago
- Jonathan Lewis and Dave Ortega rise at McKee Wallwork + Co.
- Alan Brydon becomes CEO at the Outdoor Media Centre
- Mike Sundet becomes director of sports and entertainment at Momentum
- Remy Stern rises to chief digital officer at The New York Post
- Deena Schacter joins and Katie Tomlinson rises at Veranda
- Luz Maria Doria, Irma Martinez and Luz Avila-Kyncl join Siempre Mujer
- Mark Boudreaux becomes director of sales at Entercom New Orleans
- Duncan Lawrence and Sharna Morelli rise at Morpace
- Rob Stone becomes studio host for Fox's Women's World Cup
- Andrew J. West joins CW's 'Dead People'
- Adam Rodriguez joins ABC drama pilot 'Runner'
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager
Digital media buyer job in Springfield, MO
Assistant media planner job in Santa Monica
Digital media planner opening in Las Vegas