Listen up: Podcast ratings are here
February 11, 2015
Wondering how many people listened to a particular podcast? Wonder no more.
Radio buyers can now apply Nielsen data for campaigns that run on digital audio platforms such as podcasts or on-demand radio.
Nielsen audience measurement data is being integrated into WideOrbit’s Clarity platform, a digital streaming management platform used by more than 1,500 stations.
Clarity’s features include dynamic ad insertion, automatic ad tracking reports and royalty tracking. The system will provide audience insights analysis certified by Nielsen, a first for cloud-based digital radio services.
WideOrbit says that for radio broadcasters that are simulcasting their content digitally, Nielsen will report the same metrics broadcast radio is already measured by, meaning they can now view Nielsen data for the entire aggregated audience.
For ads that are inserted dynamically into streams or on-demand content, Nielsen will measure average minute audience impressions, along with daypart and demographic data.
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
CBS dominates Thursday with more NCAA playoffs
Podcasting comes of age: What’s behind a recent boom
CBS renews a slew of shows, with a few missing
Best of the week: Advertisers revolt against Google
Putting a pricetag on ad fraud: $16.4 billion
Surprise: There’s one area where TV viewing is soaring
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
Weekend TV: Can anyone beat the UConn women?
‘Empire’ rises slightly in its return to lift Fox to first
Well now: Mobile usage is even bigger than you think
CBS, the daytime leader, leads Daytime Emmy nominations
Whoa: Almost a third of Millennials cut the cord
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency